Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Coffee Milkshakes Are Turning Us All into Jittery Rhino-People

Default Coffee Milkshakes Are Turning Us All into Jittery Rhino-People

Coffee Milkshakes Are Turning Us All into Jittery Rhino-People

Sunday is National Coffee Day, a holiday NBC News would like to observe by telling us all that coffee drinks — our lattes and frappucinos and frothing, caramel-drizzled macchiatos — are slowly turning us into race of jittery behemoths. We will stomp around the world frantically until our hearts explode in our chests and a more prudent species (the lizard people living in our subway tunnels, obviously) inherit the earth after having evolved a helpful aversion to caffeine and pumpkin spice.

Coffee would make for a fine, fat-burning guzzle if Americans enjoyed it black, maybe with just a packet of sugar or a single non-dairy creamer. Those days, however, are long gone — coffee drinkers now demand that their caffeine delivery system be overloaded with pumpkin spice, peppermint dust, caramel goo, and four gallons of heavy whipping cream. Some of the milkshake-esque offerings at places like Starbucks and Dunkin’ Donuts can have meal-like calorie counts (the Dunkin' Donuts Frozen Mocha Coffee Coolatta with Cream, for instance, contains 1,050 calories, basically all of them coming from sugar and fat, the modern era’s two favorite food groups).

Indeed, the bitter bean juice our ancestors referred to as “coffee” has changed so dramatically that there may soon be a day in the not-so-distant future when humans believe that coffee tastes like processed pumpkin guts and ice cream. NBC’s report tries to nudge the conscious consumer away from the coffee shake offerings, but it’s a lost cause at this point. We’ve already begun the inexorable transformation from humans to hulking rhinoceros hybrids, each of us buzzing on a caffeine high as we charge headlong through the world, heedless of or looming extinction. Good luck out there, espresso drinkers — you’ll be the first to get stomped.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Coffee, 1/2 & 1/2 no extra sugar necessary. Baristas look at me so oddly when I just order coffee w/ room for cream. Even if it's just a teaspoon of cream, makes all the difference. Otherwise, black, thank you very much.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

^^^I take my coffee with just half and half too. I don't like sweet or flavored coffee and I will never understand the obsession with that starbucks pumpkin thing people are so in love with
    Laurent likes this.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Black coffee here or double cappuccino. My favorite is when I get asked what size I want my cappuccino and if I want it wet or dry; just make the fucking thing, it's fucking basic as can be beyond just getting black coffee or a plain shot of espresso.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

I have to have Half & Half inmy coffee.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Dunkin Donuts Large 1/2 regular 1/2 decaf, cream and 1 sugar. I can't stand any of these flavored coffee drinks. I never get coffee at Starbucks because I don't think they'd understand me if I wanted an actual cup of coffee.
    JazzyGirl likes this.
    The more people I encounter, the more I like my animals.

I see people wolf down Venti Frappacinos every day at work ( i work in a store with a Starbucks Cafe' ) I have no idea how anyone can stomach those things without the need of a shot of insulin and a lot of time they are eating a big ass cookie too
    At work I normally get iced coffee with flavor syrup and soy milk and I only do that if I didn't have coffee at home that morning . My normal coffee is a 20oz cup with spalsh of 1/2 and one teaspoon of sugar

I hate coffee! Nothing coffee flavoured passes my lips, I don't even like hazelnut because it tastes too much like coffee. I drink tea - black and strong, no sugar. Puts hairs on your chest! I'll also drink green tea or some of the flavoured ones (lemon and ginger is good for a cold/upset tummy) but I can't even stand spicy chai because it's too sweet.

Why are people so obsessed with making everything they eat or drink taste like sugar? It makes my teeth hurt just reading this shit.
    Sarzy and Novice like this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Elite Member

I'm not really a fan of the frozen coffee concoctions. I will however drink flavored, hot coffee like there is no tomorrow. I just make them at home though, because I think spending damn near $5 for a cup of coffee is rather ridiculous.

Another excuse for me to give up the Venti Caramel Frappucino from Starbucks.
    Cats are really just land based sharks in fur coats. - Kittylady

I drink regular old coffee, too. No sugar or sweetener, just a bit of half and half. Once in a blue moon, I'll grab an Americano if I'm looking for a bigger kick or an extra dry cappuccino. I do sometimes like a dash of cinnamon on my cappuccino foam.
    kasippu likes this.

I just like mine black. Maybe a tiny bit of cream if I feel like a splurge (I usually resent drinking calories, so I avoid it when I can). It's bitchy but I always judge people that get coffee that's mostly cream with different syrups and then whipped cream on top. Most people don't realize how many calories they drink, and these really are a huge example of it. And like someone else said, I see them getting cookies or biscotti or cake pops as well. I love judging people on their food, and this is one of the few areas I get a nice little feeling of superiority.

i DESPISE any kind of flavoured coffee. i don't even put sugar or sweetener in mine. i will drink a latte in the morning and after that i stick to espresso. or an americano with milk.
    i hate flavoured coffee of any kind. i hate vanilla or caramel syrups added to my coffee. i hate creamer. and even worse, flavoured creamer. i refuse to even put cinnamon in there. just the thought of putting pumpkin or peppermint in coffee makes me want to puke.

that shit is gross and i do not get it.
    Quazar likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Black coffee (illy or Lavazza) when I get up. Nespresso Cappuccini after workout, max 3. I am a coffee addict in the morning, a beer one in the evening

I drink black iced coffee...hate hot coffee.
    MsChiff and chartreuse like this.
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information