• 1 Post By sprynkles
  • 2 Post By witchcurlgirl
  • 1 Post By Sylkyn
  • 1 Post By twitchy2.0
  • 1 Post By sputnik
  • 2 Post By KrisNine

Thread: Pizza Hut's Cheeseburger Pizza

Default Pizza Hut's Cheeseburger Pizza

The pizza is billed as a "fun treat to share" and features ten mini burgers topped with mozzarella embedded around the crust. A large serving contains ten 288-calorie slices, and costs £2.50 more than a traditional deep pan.
    Just half the pizza is enough to account for 72 per cent of a woman's daily allowance of 2,000 calories. The chain's latest "crust innovation" follows others such as the Hot Dog Stuffed Crust and was first launched at its restaurants in the Middle East.
    Tam Fry, a spokesman for the National Obesity Forum, said: "If I had a family of ten and we had all been on a brisk five mile walk in the rain and lost our picnic on the way, I might just buy one to ensure that everyone got a warm something inside them.
    "For your average family, however, divvying this pizza up in any other way is unreasonable and irresponsibly marketed."
    Pizza Hut is one of a number of restaurant chains that has signed up to the Department for Health's "Responsibility Deal", a commitment to publish calorie counts, cut levels of salt and trans fats and promote healthier eating.

Speaking yesterday, Pizza Hut insisted the "delicious limited edition" cheeseburger pizza was part of a wide ranging menu which also included pastas and salads.
    In a statement the chain said: "We are committed to producing a wide range of fresh, high quality food which can be enjoyed as part of a balanced diet.
    "In facy every pizza in our restaurants comes with free, unlimited salad." The chain refused to comment on how the launch may affect its standing with the Department for Health.
    The launch comes just weeks after Nestle unveiled one of the most calorie laden chocolate bars in Britain, the Nestle wonka bar. The bar, contains up to 555 calories per 100g, more than a Mars Bar, Haagen Dazs ice-cream and twice as much as a Big Mac burger at McDonald's.

Pizza Hut panned for near 3,000 calorie 'cheeseburger' pizza - Telegraph

I can assure you the pizza in that picture doesn't look like any of the pizzas (cheeseburger or otherwise) made here in the states.
    ApricotGlimmer likes this.

Most Pizza Hut food looks like an elephant sat on it before they served it. It's pretty though.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

It sad too because PH used to be really ggod before they went to selling high volume cheap crap pizza. And it wasn't cheap. I remember the deep dish being like $18 back in the 80's.
    MsChiff likes this.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

i have no idea what that thing is. it's not a pizza.

this is pizza.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

^ ^ It's pizza, I guess, but it's burned on one side.
    Pizza Hut down here has gotten really good lately. Not really pretty, like that picture, but it's actually good again.
    nancydrew likes this.

Pizza Hat doesn't qualify as food. I ate there once.

Once.

I swear they dump a cup of grease in the bottom of the pan before the dough goes in.

Just half the pizza is enough to account for 72 per cent of a woman's daily allowance of 2,000 calories.
    Yeah, "just" half the pizza.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I've never had pizza hut in my life. We went once because its right next to the cinema but after waiting over half an hour to be seated (because apparently you can't just go in, find a spot and order) we fucked it off and went and got kebabs instead.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

I had the worst food poisoning of my life from Pizza Hut. Didn't leave the bathroom for 5 days.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

I'm so glad I clicked on this. I'm stealing the idea for my teenaged son's birthday tomorrow. No pizza hut thanks, I'll make it from scratch. Great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Sylkyn View Post
    I can assure you the pizza in that picture doesn't look like any of the pizzas (cheeseburger or otherwise) made here in the states.
    and you are right.

Promo photo vs. reality

ApricotGlimmer likes this.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

oh wow!!! ^^^^ (but I'm starving right now!!!! I'd eat it! )

That's fucking disgusting.
    twitchy2.0 likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

OMG - where I live in the Northeast we have great pizza and pizza restaurants are everywhere - I can think of 4 within walking distance of my house. There is one Pizza Hut that I know of about 30 minutes from my house and I am always surprised that the parking lot has cars in it.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    i have no idea what that thing is. it's not a pizza.

this is pizza.
    I love pizza and could probably eat it daily. But, it has to be this pizza!! Oh, how I'm dying for a good slice. My trip to NYC this winter will be filled with pizza eating.
    sputnik and JazzyGirl like this.

Thread Information