Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By MohandasKGanja
  • 1 Post By MohandasKGanja
  • 1 Post By McJag
  • 1 Post By kasippu

Thread: Pod Coffee Machines eg Nespresso

A*O

Default Pod Coffee Machines eg Nespresso

Living in the coffee capital of Oz (the world?) I've become a bit of a coffee ponce and will only drink stuff made by a real barista with a fuck off Italian espresso machine. We even bought a mini machine for use at home which grinds the beans and brews them with the press of a button. It's worked well enough and Mr loves it as he's a serious coffee addict.

The machine has done well but it's wearing out and will cost more to fix than replace so I decided to try a (much) cheaper "pod" machine and its brilliant! I don't know why we waited so long. There are several brands out there now apart from the overpriced Nespresso and I picked this one (Caffitaly) at my local supermarket for $70 where they also sell a variety of pods to suit all tastes which work out at about 50c per pod. The machine also takes other brand pods too. So long as I avoid Gloria Jeans brand (owned by Hillsong Krazy Kristeens) we'll be right.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

That's a decent price to pay for one of those things. My mini-Keurig was $100.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I love my Nespresso. I had a very expensive espresso machine and honestly, I love this one 1000 times more. If you're looking for an espresso maker, I can't recommend it enough.

I think the Keurig is more for brewed coffee, right?

I sometimes think that paying 10 times as much for coffee because it comes in a neat little pod as one of the signs of the Apocalypse that mysteriously got left off the list.
    politesse and Lalique like this.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

You can also get reusable pod things I believe and fill them with your own grind! There was a keurig at the old office and I used it, nifty enough if you just want ONE cup...but I'm a crack head. It was perfect for getting a guest coffee. It's funny that I move to Seattle supposedly the land of Starbucks & coffee snobs and I now make instant coffee, it's out of pure laziness and a need for getting my caffeine fix.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    You can also get reusable pod things I believe and fill them with your own grind! There was a keurig at the old office and I used it, nifty enough if you just want ONE cup...but I'm a crack head.
    Keurig has that great adapter that holds a tiny metal filter thingee. And you pack your coffee in there and make a cup of $10 per pound coffee. But then you have to dig it out of there with a spoon handle or something similarly shaped.

A*O

Starbucks tried to open a few stores in Melbourne but they went bust after a year. Nuff said.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I have a permanent "filter" for my Keurig as well, and it's plain old plastic. I have some flavored coffee that I like to have once in a while, and I suck it up, pack the coffee into the adapter, and just tap the contents into the garbage when it's done, then rinse. Pretty simple.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Meh-I like my coffee maker. I know I am drinking at least 3 cups of coffee twice a day. I also like my own mix.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

^^I like my regular coffee maker, too. I have a plain old Cuisinart for my everyday stuff. I use the Nespresso just for my dry cappuccino Yum.

I have a french press and a little Cuban coffee espresso maker for the stove top. I think I have my coffee bases covered.

KrisNine, you don't have narcolepsy or something, do you?
    KrisNine likes this.

i splashed out for the nespresso at home, and managed to talk my boss into getting a caffitaly for the office (i'm the only coffee drinker o_O wtf we're in sydney's cbd!!) and i'm in love with both. i got the lattissma nespresso so it does the milk and everything at once, and i can't imagine life without it. i think it gets almost as much use as my phone
    but then i'm fairly useless with a 'regular' coffee machine, so it's either pods, cafe bought coffee, or something that looks and tastes like dirty dishwater.
    I haven't fucked much with the past, but I've fucked plenty with the future

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    ^^I like my regular coffee maker, too. I have a plain old Cuisinart for my everyday stuff. I use the Nespresso just for my dry cappuccino Yum.
    Mine is a Cuisinart,too. I have the one with the thermal caraf-love it.
    KrisNine likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post

I have a french press and a little Cuban coffee espresso maker for the stove top. I think I have my coffee bases covered.
    Looks like it I love my nespresso too. In the morning I use the press but always have a couple of nespresso capuccini after my work-out while working.
    I used to pass by the coffee bean twice a day but I love my nespresso ones so much more I have not been at the bean in months
    KrisNine likes this.

Thread Information