Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Kitchen gadgets - ones that work and you love

Default Kitchen gadgets - ones that work and you love

Starting a new gadgets thread.

I think I need this like yesterday. It looks like it really works. I eat fresh pineapple all the time and know how to slice them correctly, but wow.

Here's the home shopping demo - click on video tab

Stainless Steel Professional Pineapple Slicer

I want a mango slicer too. I do everything the old fashioned way. I think I want life to be easier.

This is my new salad dressing toy. Whisks my vinaigrette really creamy.

Bodum® Schiuma Black Turbo Frother - Bed Bath & Beyond

I love OXO stuff!

I love my OXO apple slicer

I make all my own dressings and love the OXO shaker

OXO Cherry pitter is also good for olives

I have just about every microplane made

I love my Cuisenart stick blender!!!

Hamilton Beach Set it and Forget it Slow Cooker is awesome

Being Paula

The pineapple slicer looks great. I'm tempted too. My fave gadget is my rice cooker. Yes, the old fashioned way is also easy but the cooker does all types of rice perfectly every time. My holy grail kitchen gadget is a garlic press that doesn't clog up so you get a few fragments through the holes and a compressed mush elsewhere that needs a knifepoint to pick clean. The closest is a fine micro plane grater which works but often with shredded finger nail or finger skin added.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Your Pocket

^ Agree with A*O. I love my rice cooker, and I've been searching for a garlic press like my mother-in-law's - for years - in vain. I also like my stick/wand blender and use it all the time.

I like the look of that OXO shaker!
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

I use a Mastercraft strap wrench as a jar opener. Canadian Tire - Mastercraft 2-pack Boa Constrictor Strap Wrench customer reviews - product reviews - read top consumer ratings

Without it, I'd be reduced to breaking jars open with a hammer and picking shards of glass out of my food.
    Novice likes this.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

My fav is a tiny wisk found in my Christmas stocking one year. Perfect for coffee stirring and tons of other things.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

The remaining 25% of my stomach.

I don't know what I did before I got my rice cooker either. It's not even that fancy (Walgreens), but my rice is almost always perfect now. I also love my Keurig coffee maker.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Have a pinnaple slicer but always end up in the peel. But mine is a white plastic one.

Cannot live without my nespresso and the frother.

Use my steamer every day! Super easy and yummy

also have super wine opener, does everthing by itself, want the cuisineart mixer, looks super,

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

That pineapple slicer is all kinds of fucking awesome.
    olivia likes this.

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Studying with Master Grumpy Cat

My mom has that pineapple slicer and it works just like a charm. Super awesome. I love all kitchen gadgets and am always looking for more. I have drawers and drawers full and I'm going to be adding to my wish list from this thread. I don't know that I have a favorite, but the ones I use the most are the ground hamburger chopper and the tiny little spatula for getting into tiny little crevices in jars and other containers. Oh, and the push through solid/liquid measuring cup.

I also love my empanada presses, different measuring cups and spoons of all sizes and varieties, and did I mention I'm a kitchen gadget addict?
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

my latest gadget is my breville juicer. love it!

Breville Juice Fountain Multi-Speed | Williams-Sonoma
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

fellow traveller

apple corer:

stove-top espresso maker:

vacu vin wine saver vacuum pump:

demi-lune chopper:
    mine's a single blade but i keep meaning to track down a twin-blade one. amazing for chopping herbs.

pestle and mortar:

ikea's flat plastic can opener:
    slices the can open below the lip so no jagged or sharp edges.

zyliss bottle opener:
    easiest bottle opener ever and it even has a built-in slicer to cut through the aluminium cover over the cork, after that you just stick the screw into the cork and keep twisting in the same direction and it will go down and come back up even though you're only turning in the one direction. the plastic tube guarantees the corkscrew goes in straight and it's just impossible to mess up. cheaper and more efficient and lightweight than a tonne of expensive and cumbersome bottle openers out there.

I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

left coast

i'm with you guys on the rice cooker. we have a japanese one that is fancy (it was a gift) but before that just a really simple one.

also agree with sput about the vacu-vin and chalet about the handheld blender.

but another i like is our japanese water bucket. i typically hate countertop appliances, they waste space and don't get used so much, but this thing is wonderful. i drink a lot of tea and this helps. Zojirushi CD-LCC40 Micom 4.0-Liter Electric Dispensing Pot: Kitchen & Dining

Sleepy night night land

I love my rice cooker! We have one from a persian market that makes perfect basmati rice and tadig when you want it

I love my apple slicer.

My nespresso and frother, too (Kasippu).

My old crock pot.

Our Vitamix (the SO had to have it).

Jar opener. Mine is just a little rubber thing, but I want the one Twitchy has.

Top Secret Spy for Leann Rimes

I have been searching for this kitchen gadget but have not been able to find it locally yet.

Sojiita likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information