Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 20 Unholy Recipes: Dishes so awful we had to make them

Can you imagine being hungover or having the flu, opening the fridge, and having one of those gelatin things looking back at you....

Here's some more dry-heave inducing platters of fail.

Weight Watchers cards from the 70's:
    Weight Watchers recipe cards, circa 1974

Lileks gallery of regrettable foods:
    LILEKS (James) Gallery of Regrettable Food

SVZ

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    I dunno, it looks kind of fresh and pretty compared to the shit in the article.
    death wears a costume.

I'm going to go with NoDay on this one: I find it more unbelievable that someone ate some of that monstrosity that Lobes served up!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Well the good news is, I will print out those pictures and post on my fridge. When I start my next diet, I'm sure to succeed!!

What people wouldn't do to torture a poor innocent hot dog. Aspic is vile and I cannot understand why anyone would EVER use it as a predominant ingredient in anything.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

WHAT THE FUCK? This stuff is gross. I thought my mom had her own dalliances with "klassy kooking" when I was a kid with her beanie weenie and toast and frito pie dinner nights but damn.. this is just a whole other level of disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    I'm going to go with NoDay on this one: I find it more unbelievable that someone ate some of that monstrosity that Lobes served up!
    Whoa there missy, I didn't serve that gut bomb, it was served to my sister in Norway. She was there for a month and travelled all over, and said that this was served to her in some variation or other the entire month. She lived on bread, pretty much.

I am grossed out by anything in a gel, even fruit inside jello. And if I absolutely must eat something gelatin, it must be fruit flavored. The thought of seafood-flavored gelatin was the heinous evil concoction of a mentally disturbed individual and the fact that others actually practice this concept is a dark foreboding omen that the human race is doomed. I feel strongly about this issue.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Did I just seen jellied chicken? For fucking REALS? Niiiice.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

The Reuben Chowder made an appearance in an earlier edition of Better Homes & Gardens Soups and Stews [1978]. I know this because I actually have the book and I looked up the recipe ... page 51, if anyone wants it.

Firmly sitting on my hands right now...

Silver Member

is that shot of the prune whip a before or after eating shot? *gag*

My mother and grandmother used to make congealed salads for EVERY damn family get together. I am and was the only person in the family that hated it. It looked like some of the stuff in those pics (no hot dogs, though...just fruits, nuts, cream cheese and the dreaded jello...ugh shiver) and makes me sick just thinking about it now.

My sister still makes it all the time and loves it. It looks just like cat puke.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylkyn View Post
    My mother and grandmother used to make congealed salads for EVERY damn family get together. I am and was the only person in the family that hated it. It looked like some of the stuff in those pics (no hot dogs, though...just fruits, nuts, cream cheese and the dreaded jello...ugh shiver) and makes me sick just thinking about it now.

My sister still makes it all the time and loves it. It looks just like cat puke.
    My cousin made one for Thanksgiving last year. It was green. No one ate it.

Well I think the last two(the worst apparently..the sauce and the loaf) are not that bad. Asparagus loaf just looks kinda like a lasagna, and cream of mushroom soup with gruyere cheese?-they are both ok seperately, why not together-I think it might be ok..just a cheesy mushroomy sauce.

And I love Gruyere cheese but would not waste it on this though since it is about a dollar and a half for a damn ounce.

and I LOVE the lime green fruit-filled jello molds. LOVE THEM!! I could just eat on them all day.

And the fruitcake thing just looked dry, not really bad IMO.

I admit that most of the rest look pretty awful..especially the jellied and ground meats and seafood..awful.

And jello molds should only feature fruits and maybe some certain veggies..like shredded carrot or minced celery.

I feel like making a jello mold this weekend.

I think a lime jello mold with canned beets and shredded carrots sounds kinda tasty??? huh?
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    and I LOVE the lime green fruit-filled jello molds. LOVE THEM!! I could just eat on them all day.
    I love my mom's lime jello congealed salad with nuts, marshmellows and a shit load of cream cheese. Oh, man that stuff is awesome. I like veggies, but not in my congealed salads.

i don't mind meat and gelatin. they're common in terrines and pâtés and as long as it's real stuff, they are delicious. the french make some great ones.
    what i'm opposed to is this 1950s-1980s american cooking where canned soup was a legitimate ingredient and pretty much all the ingredients for recipes came from cans.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information