Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Woman Addicted to Eating Cat Treats

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Default Woman Addicted to Eating Cat Treats

I would like to point out straight away that this is NOT me and I have no taste for cat nom.

'They just burst with flavour': Woman, 46, addicted to cat food eats 900 kitty treats every day following a difficult divorce

• Mary from Michigan gorges on cat biscuits after getting hooked at first taste

From coffee to cigarettes, many of us have addictions.
    But one woman is so addicted to cat food that she gorges on a staggering 900 kitty treats every single day.
    Mary, 46, from Farwell, Michigan, began binging on the treats following a difficult divorce.

Mary is so addicted to cat food that she eats 900 kitty treats every single day

After the breakdown of her marriage, Mary (she does not reveal her surname in the programme) spent much of her time sitting around at home with her three cats and was tempted into trying a treat.

What started as an innocent urge to sample the cat food led to an addiction after Mary was left instantly hooked.

Her addiction began after she suffered a difficult divorce and spent much of her time alone with just her three cats

Mary spends a staggering amount of money of treats for herself every month and says they make her mouth water

'They just burst with flavour in your mouth and I love them' she said during an interview on My Strange Addiction, which premieres on Discovery Real Time tonight.
    'When I start thinking about a certain flavour of cat treat, my mouth will water,' she said.
    In the programme, Mary showcases a variety of her favourite flavours from treats with a cheesy centre to beefy flavoured biscuits that she awards '10 out of 10 for crunch factor'.
    Speaking on the show, Mary's brother Tommy said: 'It's gross. There are four basic food groups and cat food is not one of them.'

Mary's brother Tommy says it is not healthy to eat the cat treats but Mary is addicted

Unemployed Mary spends $200 (£125) on cat food for herself every month, which she admits is more than she spends on human food.
    She is sure to always keep a stash of the goodies in her car, purse and by her bedside table for late-night munchies, and she says she will even gorge on cat food at the expense of what she calls 'people food.'

'There have been days when I eat treats all day long and no people food,' she says.

'The cabinet just calls my name: "Mary come eat" and I will go sit on the deck and snack.'
    ‘My Strange Addiction’ premieres on Discovery Real Time on Tuesdays at 9.00pm and 9.30pm
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    Speaking on the show, Mary's brother Tommy said: 'It's gross. There are four basic food groups and cat food is not one of them.'

Seriously, though: She does realize there's probably "by products" such as horse urine in them doesn't she?

*gags*

This sounds like one of those My Strange Addiction episodes. It seems a lot safer than the woman who ate pieces of clay pottery, and the woman who at cigarette ashes.

I saw her either on My Strange Addiction or a video clip for MSA. Her doctor had to explain to her that there were many ingredients which were carcinogenic to humans in cat treats and that cats don't live as long as humans so these things don't accumulate in their systems to give them cancer. If I'm thinking of the right person, she kept saying, I'm a smart person, how didn't I know that? I might be confusing that with another person who was eating cat food or something. At least this is a food product. Some of those people eat rocks, dirt, plastic, or dryer sheets. Gotta love TLC.

ETA - there's video of this woman at this link. I can't embed it.

http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/tv/my-s...g-cat-food.htm

Beneath the main video, there are links to clips from other episodes.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

TLC needs to change it's name from "The Learning Channel" to "TFC: The Freak Channel."

This bitch is nuts!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

My cats won't eat cat treats.
    lucianodel and Karistiona like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Mine will chew their way into any container that gets left out. I've found empty Whiskas Temptations tubs covered in teeth marks that go right the way through the plastic. It's a reminder of how strong their teeth and jaws actually are. *rushes off to top up the catfood bowls*
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

Bwahahaha Kitty I love that you had to preface your post! This is up there with that crazy woman who couldn't stop eating sofa cushions, bunch of weirdos.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Bwahahaha! Shameful confession - there has been a couple of times the morning after the night before when my stomach has been rumbling and Felix beef catfood has smelt really, really good but I've always managed to restrain myself and had toast instead.

Ahaha that is clatty! You total minger, catfood is disgusting!!
    Kittylady likes this.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

fgg

guaranteed one of the GR cat ladies has tasted a couple cat treats in her day. which one of you is going to admit it??
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

But Kari the jelly looks so wobbly and slurpy!

I'm surprised to read that there is apparently stuff like horse piss in cat treats. I thought that pet food had to be fit for human consumption? I know that there are people who taste test some dog food brands for the manufacturers and I've seen people eat dog food pies without any obvious ill effects (it was a pie eating contest at a bike rally and the participants didn't know until afterwards).

ETA: For the benefit of fgg and everyone else I am going to state that I have never eaten food intended for cats and as much as I love GR I'm not about to take one for the home team and start now. I'm sure I've probably unintentionally eaten and smoked enough cat hair to make several new cats though.

Silver Member

My rabbit comes tearing ass into the kitchen when I shake his treat bag...I wonder if this woman does the same thing?

i partake not in the cat treats thankyouverymuch! my sister made homemade cat treats last weekend and said she tried one though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information