Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: What chain restaurants are you loyal to?

Default What chain restaurants are you loyal to?

Is anyone here loyal to particular chain restaurants?

Mine are:

Outback Steakhouse. It's consistently good, and while many restaurants have raised prices while lowering quantity and quality, Outback has done the opposite. I can get an "Outback Special" (6 oz steak, 2 sides - one of which can be a salad - and bread/butter) for $9.99. So, when I'm out of town and want to go to a sit down restaurant, I look to see if there's an Outback nearby. They also have a rewards program where every time you eat there, you earn points which can be redeemed for free food once you get a certain amount. I'm about to earn a free appetizer!! (Unnaturally excited about that!)

Cracker Barrel I like to go to Cracker Barrel when I'm on a long road trip or when I want breakfast at a random time of the day. The food is consistently good, the gift shop is entertaining and cheap, and the prices are low. I feel like the prices are comparable with IHOP and Waffle House, but the food is better and there's not a 95% chance it's going to be filthy and smell like a bathroom.

Taco Cabana This is the only Tex-Mex fast food restaurant I will go to. Their tortillas are better than the ones you can get in some sit-down restaurants, and it's super cheap! A kids meal (burrito or soft taco with rice and beans or chips and queso and a small drink) is under $5.00

McDonald's for coffee and coke. They have the best fountain coke. I find that at a lot of places it's not mixed right - too syrupy/sweet. McDonald's coke is always spicy.

Shipley's Donuts Best donuts ever. I love the hot plain glazed.

Definitely Cracker Barrel too. It's nice comfort food when I want it, and I love their gift shop.

I'd say Chick-fil-A and Wendy's, cause I love both their treats and spicy chicken sandwiches.

And then there's McDonald's, for their nuggets and McFlurry's.

Other than those four I don't really go to chain restaurants.

Loathe chain restaurants. Boring, bland and starchy.
    Lalique and thordis like this.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Cracker Barrel for when we travel. Clean bathrooms and breakfast grits.

Burger King for my husband-he loves the double whopper with cheese. I take him one several times a week. Part of the cheeseburger therapy, better than antibiotics!

III Forks- my fave. I think they are a small chain anyway. Maybe local.

KFC- good grilled chicken.

Subway occasionally- love the egg white breakfast thing.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

czb

^^^ vouch (to twitchy's post). can't think of any i go to when i have a choice. i used to like in-n-out occasionally (like 2x/year) but last time i went it was gross so even that one is off my list.

I had a bad experience at In-N-Out my last time, too, weirdly enough... I remembered it being great from childhood and high school trips. I went a few years ago when I was in San Diego and something was different. There was just nothing special about the burger.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Loathe chain restaurants. Boring, bland and starchy.
    What do you do when you travel by car?
    Chain restaurants would not be first choice, but sometimes...
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I used to go to Chik-Fil-A. But it irks me to no end that they're closed on Sundays. Oh yeah, and that they're a bunch of bible-beatin homophobic bigots.

Popeye's chicken is fucking awesome though!

I used to love Subway until about 6-7 years ago. I'd rather have Firehouse or Lenny's any day now.

And Outback is pretty good.

We have a local Mexican restaurant chain (they have like, 8 locations in my area and a few surrounding counties) and I'm loyal as hell to them. Plus, a sushi restaurant that I originally started going to in Memphis, and unbelievably they actually came to MS with a location not far from me!

I hate most chain restaurants. Especially fast food. But I have been known to crave a Filet-O-Fish and a carton of 1% milk from McDonald's on occasion. Don't ask me why because I couldn't tell you. But when I have to have it, it's very satisfying.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    What do you do when you travel by car? ..
    Eat somewhere real. Discover amazing food. This may involve...gasp...leaving the highway.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

I love mom and pop diners when traveling.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    Cracker Barrel

McDonald's for coffee and coke.

Shipley's Donuts Best donuts ever. I love the hot plain glazed.
    Yes to these three! Cracker Barrel is very comforting in a way and I love their breakfasts. I go for their chicken and dumplings and meatloaf sometimes too. It feels cozy. And yes, McDonald's fountain cokes are the best ever for some reason.

Shipley's! OMG! Their kolaches are to fucking die for. There's only one in my whole state, unfortunately. Or maybe fortunately for my waistline.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Subway occasionally
    If I'm out and about and need to grab lunch, I usually go to Subway. It's one of the few places you can eat without killing your diet completely.

I also like Sonic's cherry limeades, Red Lobster's cheddar bay biscuits, and IHOP's blueberry pancakes.

Another one I forgot to mention is a restaurant called O'Charley's. They don't have them in Texas though.

None. If you had asked this a year ago I would have said Wendy's, but since they changed to a "healthier" menu, it tastes like shit and there is still nothing healthy about it. I like Cracker Barrel a lot when I'm road-tripping, but I'm not going out of my way to find one if a Denny's or iHop is in sight. We also really liked On the Border, but the one by us closed down and I'm not driving all the way to South Denver for it.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I'm with those who aren't fans of chains. Both my home town and my adopted hometown are full of fantastic hole-in-the-wall type places, which I much prefer.

I don't mind Panera for a quick family lunch or dinner if we're out and about. It's easier to pick healthy stuff for my kids but they are also ridiculously expensive. My son will only eat PB&Js there and it's $5 for a half a sandwhich, a little tube of yogurt and milk.

count me in on the McDonalds coke. I allow myself one coke a pay period, and thats where i get it from.

i love Popeye's chicken mashed potatoes and gravy. its awesome.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information