Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who eats a healthy breakfast everyday?

Default Who eats a healthy breakfast everyday?

I am trying to undo a bad habit of not eating breakfast. I have to force myself to have more than a cup of coffee.

I try to have some protein and fruit every morning now, as I can see it makes a big difference with my eating schedule for the rest of the day. Sometimes it's a piece of lowfat cheese or one turkey sausage or egg white, 7 grain bread, or low fat yogurt with a small amount of fresh fruit.

I know people eat donuts, french toast, eggs and bacon, muffins, but I'd be 9000 pounds if I did. Are you hungry in the morning? What do you typically eat whether it's at home or on your way to work?

Default Re: Who eats a healthy breakfast everyday?

Not eating breakfast is a big problem for me. Hubby does, so now I usually have a small bowl of yogurt and fruit, or a piece of bread with honey, or a banana in the car or something.

I know it's the most important meal (and good for weight loss, too) but it's hard to break the habits of a lifetime. My stomach got used to having battery acid poured into it every morning in the form of coffee!

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

I have been starting to eat breakfast for the first time in the last few years. I find I eat less all day long if I stop and have breakfast, usually eggs and toast, sometimes oatmeal and fruit.

Oh yeah oatmeal. I bought the "cooks in 2 minutes" plain oatmeal and it's great in the morning. I have found that if I have all that I might want in the refrigerator, it's not such a big task.

PB..Battery acid! LOL. I always say just hook me up introvenously.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMix
    I nearly never ever eat breakfast. My stomach just doen't want anything in it for a couple hours after I wake up. Except coffee.
    I still feel that way, but I force myself to eat something, no matter how minimal.

Define 'healthy'??? haha

Coffee for me......not a eggs kind of girl..

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

I do I do! I have a glass of oj/water mixed, bran cereal and a handful of vitamins and supplements and then 1 cup of coffee w/ milk at work I'm healthy at lunch too, but then I totally ruin it at dinner w/ Mexican usually till my belly hurts! DAmn no wonder I can't lose those last few lbs.

Oatmeal and fruit. Every morning. Keeps me regular.
    Keep passing the open windows.

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze
    I still feel that way, but I force myself to eat something, no matter how minimal.

And I'm the same way. I never want to eat in the morning, just give me a full pot of strong coffee. But I discovered that I feel better all day if I force myself to choke down a small breakfast. Now I look forward to it but that took about four years to get to that point.

I eat breakfast every day. I go through phases of what I want to eat. For a month it'll be a sliced apple with some natural PB. Then I'll go a few weeks eating a banana or two for breakfast. Right now I've been eating bran cereal with honey and skim milk. Crazily enough, breakfast is always my healthiest and most enjoyed meal! If I don't get something in my tummy by 6:30 or 7:00 it will begin to loudly let me know.

I love oatmeal and had it every morning for each pregnancy. But anymore, for some reason I feel really crappy if I have it for breakfast. Bloats me up and gives me heartburn.
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

Elite Member

I have to have breakfast every day or I feel sick. My thing lately is cinnamon-raisin toast with a little peanut butter or oatmeal. I also like fruit with vanilla yogurt and a sprinkle of granola.

I don't like "big" breakfasts (eggs, etc.) for breakfast but will eat them at lunch or dinner time.

Someone I used to work with made her own breakfast trail mix with cereals, dried fruit and nuts and would bring a baggie of it to munch on in the morning.

I never eat breakfast. I work rotation PM/Night shifts. I am never awake at breakfast time. I have coffee and can drink that for hours and hours of the day.

I dont eat a healthy breakfast. Im never hungry. I know its bad I do this maybe Ill turn over a new leave and try to eat breakfast two mornings to start with.

I hate eating breakfast b/c my stomach just doesn't want food when I wake up. If I try to force myself to eat, I get heartburn about half of the time (no matter what I eat). I've basically accepted that and carry rolaids in my purse now. Lately I've been eating a bowl of cereal (it varies, usually some flavor of Special K, Mini Wheats, or Cheerios) with vanilla soymilk and a half a banana. That's when I'm being healthy. If I'm not being healthy then I just skip breakfast altogether and grab some coffee.

I love eating breakfast, I can't go without! It's the only meal of the day where I pig out without remorse
    I love baking cakes and muffins and brownies and eat them for breakfast, or I'll have cereal with milk or soy/rice/almond milk, or bread with butter and honey or marmalade. Sometimes Budwig cream when I have enough time to make it.
    I always drink a tall glass of grapefruit juice first thing in the morning, my stomach needs the acidity

Mmmmh, breakfast
    "Sex is not, by default, depraved and dirty. Unless it's really good."
    morons.org

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information