Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who eats a healthy breakfast everyday?

Default Who eats a healthy breakfast everyday?

I am trying to undo a bad habit of not eating breakfast. I have to force myself to have more than a cup of coffee.

I try to have some protein and fruit every morning now, as I can see it makes a big difference with my eating schedule for the rest of the day. Sometimes it's a piece of lowfat cheese or one turkey sausage or egg white, 7 grain bread, or low fat yogurt with a small amount of fresh fruit.

I know people eat donuts, french toast, eggs and bacon, muffins, but I'd be 9000 pounds if I did. Are you hungry in the morning? What do you typically eat whether it's at home or on your way to work?

Default Re: Who eats a healthy breakfast everyday?

Not eating breakfast is a big problem for me. Hubby does, so now I usually have a small bowl of yogurt and fruit, or a piece of bread with honey, or a banana in the car or something.

I know it's the most important meal (and good for weight loss, too) but it's hard to break the habits of a lifetime. My stomach got used to having battery acid poured into it every morning in the form of coffee!

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

I have been starting to eat breakfast for the first time in the last few years. I find I eat less all day long if I stop and have breakfast, usually eggs and toast, sometimes oatmeal and fruit.

Oh yeah oatmeal. I bought the "cooks in 2 minutes" plain oatmeal and it's great in the morning. I have found that if I have all that I might want in the refrigerator, it's not such a big task.

PB..Battery acid! LOL. I always say just hook me up introvenously.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMix
    I nearly never ever eat breakfast. My stomach just doen't want anything in it for a couple hours after I wake up. Except coffee.
    I still feel that way, but I force myself to eat something, no matter how minimal.

Define 'healthy'??? haha

Coffee for me......not a eggs kind of girl..

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

I do I do! I have a glass of oj/water mixed, bran cereal and a handful of vitamins and supplements and then 1 cup of coffee w/ milk at work I'm healthy at lunch too, but then I totally ruin it at dinner w/ Mexican usually till my belly hurts! DAmn no wonder I can't lose those last few lbs.

Oatmeal and fruit. Every morning. Keeps me regular.
    Keep passing the open windows.

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze
    I still feel that way, but I force myself to eat something, no matter how minimal.

And I'm the same way. I never want to eat in the morning, just give me a full pot of strong coffee. But I discovered that I feel better all day if I force myself to choke down a small breakfast. Now I look forward to it but that took about four years to get to that point.

I eat breakfast every day. I go through phases of what I want to eat. For a month it'll be a sliced apple with some natural PB. Then I'll go a few weeks eating a banana or two for breakfast. Right now I've been eating bran cereal with honey and skim milk. Crazily enough, breakfast is always my healthiest and most enjoyed meal! If I don't get something in my tummy by 6:30 or 7:00 it will begin to loudly let me know.

I love oatmeal and had it every morning for each pregnancy. But anymore, for some reason I feel really crappy if I have it for breakfast. Bloats me up and gives me heartburn.
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

Elite Member

I have to have breakfast every day or I feel sick. My thing lately is cinnamon-raisin toast with a little peanut butter or oatmeal. I also like fruit with vanilla yogurt and a sprinkle of granola.

I don't like "big" breakfasts (eggs, etc.) for breakfast but will eat them at lunch or dinner time.

Someone I used to work with made her own breakfast trail mix with cereals, dried fruit and nuts and would bring a baggie of it to munch on in the morning.

I never eat breakfast. I work rotation PM/Night shifts. I am never awake at breakfast time. I have coffee and can drink that for hours and hours of the day.

I dont eat a healthy breakfast. Im never hungry. I know its bad I do this maybe Ill turn over a new leave and try to eat breakfast two mornings to start with.

I hate eating breakfast b/c my stomach just doesn't want food when I wake up. If I try to force myself to eat, I get heartburn about half of the time (no matter what I eat). I've basically accepted that and carry rolaids in my purse now. Lately I've been eating a bowl of cereal (it varies, usually some flavor of Special K, Mini Wheats, or Cheerios) with vanilla soymilk and a half a banana. That's when I'm being healthy. If I'm not being healthy then I just skip breakfast altogether and grab some coffee.

I love eating breakfast, I can't go without! It's the only meal of the day where I pig out without remorse
    I love baking cakes and muffins and brownies and eat them for breakfast, or I'll have cereal with milk or soy/rice/almond milk, or bread with butter and honey or marmalade. Sometimes Budwig cream when I have enough time to make it.
    I always drink a tall glass of grapefruit juice first thing in the morning, my stomach needs the acidity

Mmmmh, breakfast
    Nope.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information