Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burger King to test market home delivery

Default Burger King to test market home delivery

Home Delivery of Fast Food Is the Inevitable Next Step

When the topic of "What America really needs" comes up, one answer inevitably surfaces as a common refrain: less labor-intensive access to fast food. Your dream may soon come true, America.

Angel newspaper USA Today reports that cow holocaust organ Burger King is "testing home delivery of its burgers, fries and other sandwiches," meaning that they will bring these items directly to the front door of your home in exchange for a modest delivery fee. Makes you wonder why this hasn't been tried before. Well, can you spot the problems here?

The stores try to deliver within 30 minutes of the time a phone or online order is received. Delivery customers must live within a 10-minute drive of the store. All soft-drink orders are in bottles. And breakfast items are not delivered. Delivery times are 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.

The plan is to get Americans to pay extra to wait 30 minutes to get food from a restaurant that is less than ten minutes away. In order for this to succeed, American fast food consumers would have to value their own physical laziness—to the extent of considering the walk from their couch to their car to be too strenuous—far more than they value either their own money, or their own addict-like craving for an immediate infusion of fat and cheez.

Should be a smashing success

Home Delivery of Fast Food Is the Inevitable Next Step

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    In order for this to succeed, American fast food consumers would have to value their own physical laziness
    It'll probably work, then. If this becomes the norm, I can't imagine how obese the U.S. population will get.

But Burger King is for shit these days, unless they've drastically improved their food since the last time I ate there years ago. If Wendy's or Popeye's started this I might be interested once in a blue moon. But even when i don't feel like cooking, my husband or oldest boy usually pitch in so we don't have to order out.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Their Veggie Burgers actually aren't that bad....I get a hankering for one once in awhile. They're probably terrible for you like everything else though.

I cannot imagine how much $$ I would have blown and how enormous I would be if this was available back in my stoner days. I'd be too paranoid to drive so I would never venture out while high....

I like their veggie burgers, too. I used to like their fries, but I haven't had any in a long time.

The BK Veggie is pretty easy to fake at home. The patty they use is the Morningstar Farms Original. If you want to cross the streams and get a little bit of a Big Mac flavor, Thousand Island Dressing mixed with a little mustard or horseradish goes good on top,

fgg

fatties gettin' fatter...at home.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

This is a stoner's dream come true. But Burger King isn't what it used to be. Now if this was Popeye's, I'd be on this like white on rice.
    What Kind of Welfare, Witchcraft Hocus Pocus Hoedown is this?!

in the uk burger king is ok, overprized though because they dont have mayo as a dipp with onion rings
    we don't have to make love to have an orgasm

OMG. Mr Mc LOVES this stuff. When he gets home I'll have to have the phone removed.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Elite Member

Could be perfect for those people who weight 800 lbs and can't get out of the house.

In the interests of full disclosure, a few weeks ago I had onion rings at BK and they had an awesome tangy/spicy sauce. Nothing near real onion rings of course, but not bad for that kind of crap.

Booger King is nasty. Now, if Wendy's delivered, I'd be a whale.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    Could be perfect for those people who weight 800 lbs and can't get out of the house.
    Yeah, now their family members won't have to feel guilty for being the ones who brought the killer food.

I have such a hard time understanding how those 1000 lb people can afford all that food.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

McDonalds has delivery service in New York City. I was driving by one day and saw the advertisement in the window.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbunnyslippers View Post
    McDonalds has delivery service in New York City. I was driving by one day and saw the advertisement in the window.
    Yes - this is what I thought of, and they've had it for a while. Anyone who has watched Super Size Me can probably recall a scene where he was delivered his food.

There really needs to be more breakfast delivery places, although BK's breakfast is pretty nasty.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information