Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 16 secrets the restaurant industry doesn't want you to know

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    I looked at this book at Target. It looked like it had a lot of information.

Unfortunately, in middle America, all we have are chain restaurants. You def. have to check the calorie count. I LOVE the chicken quesadilla explosion salad from Chili's. I discovered I could eat KFC with chicken breast, mashed potatoes and everything and it was actually LESS in calories than that salad. I was crushed.
    I work at Chili's, ha! The thing about the salads is that you can modify them to be healthier. On the Explosion, 86 the (fried!)tortilla strips, cheese, and ranch drizzle, and that gets rid of most of the fat. And limit yourself to just one or two quesadilla wedges.

I worked in chain restaurants for years. They are so unhealthy!! In reality you are getting more calories than the nutritional content says b/c the ingredients aren't measured out and you usually end up with more cheese, sauce, etc.

I agree w/ Sarahpim you can modify almost every dish to make them more healthy.
    Fabulous!

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    Unfortunately, in middle America, all we have are chain restaurants.
    Seriously, all you have are chains where you live???
    I would kill myself if I lived in such a depressing shithole. No wonder it's called flyover country.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahphim View Post
    I work at Chili's, ha! The thing about the salads is that you can modify them to be healthier. On the Explosion, 86 the (fried!)tortilla strips, cheese, and ranch drizzle, and that gets rid of most of the fat. And limit yourself to just one or two quesadilla wedges.
    Or do what I do: get it as-is but eat only half of it, save the rest for another meal. I never thought I'd get so full on a salad until I tried the Quesadilla Explosion. I can't ever finish that thing.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahphim View Post
    Now why the hell would I take out the good stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    Seriously, all you have are chains where you live???
    I would kill myself if I lived in such a depressing shithole. No wonder it's called flyover country.
    A lot of chains/franchises. Do have local pizza, some of which are killer, and a lot of authentic Mexican, assuming from the illegals that don't work in meat processing plants any longer. And Whitey's local ice cream chain, is also the bomb.

There are very little small and quiant little Italian restaurants. But bet your ass Olive Garden is packed every night!

Foods at these restaurants are undoubtedly fattening - if you eat the whole plate! If I'm presented with a 1300 calorie plate of food, I'm probably going to eat less than half of it before I get full. The rest will be taken away or wrapped up in a doggie bag. I understand that self restraint in these situations can be hard but honestly, no one is putting a gun to our heads and forcing us to eat the whole massive portion put in front of us!

I was sure it would say that the hamburger or steak that accidently dropped on the floor, goes right back on the grill. AND the person making your salad, just went to the bathroom to take a #2 didn't wash their hands.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information