Login to remove the ads!

Thread: World's most expensive kebab costs 750

Default World's most expensive kebab costs 750

It's been labelled the 'Don of All Doners' - meet the world's most expensive kebab and it'll cost a staggering 750 if you fancy taking a bite.
    British chef Andy Bates has sourced the finest ingredients in the world to create the incredible snack.
    He hand-picked succulent milk-fed lamb from the Pyrenees, seasoned and primed with the best peppers, olive oil, barrel aged feta cheese, purple violet potatoes and Coeur de Boeuf tomatoes.

The 750 doner kebab: With exotic ingredients a London chef has created the world's finest snack

But no ordinary pitta would do for this mouth-watering meal, so the chef made a saffron infused flatbread to host the fabulous meat dish.
    His tangy chilli sauce uses Scotch Bonnet chillies and the cooling mint and cucumber yoghurt is infused with Krug Grande Cuvee champagne.
    The expensive flatbread is stuffed with an exquisite micro-cress and bib lettuce salad and a delicate oregano concasse.

THE 750 SHOPPING LIST

Milk-fed lamb..................84
    Coeur de Boeuf tomatoes..20
    Cress and Bibb Salad.11.95
    Chili Peppers....................35
    Barrel Aged Feta........54.20
    Extra Virgin Olive Oil.....26.95
    Purple violet potatoes.....15
    Gold leaf and platinum.....130
    Saffron..........................138
    Krug Champagne............195
    Garlic, lemon, salsa, mint, cucumber, yoghurt.........40

Total = 750.10

Chef Andy Bates, who created the dish for TV channel Food Network UK, even decorates his culinary masterpiece with an edible gold leaf garnish.

The pricey kebab is presented on a silver platter and was protected with a cloche prior to its first serving in Stockwell, south London.
    The international feast includes feta cheese from Greece, potatoes from France and olive oil from Spain. All the salad ingredients are organic.
    The bottle of champagne cost 195, the edible gold leaf 130 with the saffron weighing in at a hefty 138 for a few slithers of the exquisite flavouring.
    Andy said: 'This is the Michelin star kebab and most likely to appeal to a high-class drunk on his way home.
    'I went to a kebab shop, bought a typical kebab, folded it open and analysed the ingredients to see how I could improve it.
    'I put a lot of time into sourcing ingredients of the highest quality but this was not just an exercise is selecting things because of their price.

Tasty price tag: London chef Andy Bates with his creation and right the expensive saffron infusing the flatbread element of the dish

'It is important to me as a chef that everything goes together and I think I have achieved that. The flavours really work.
    'The slow-cooked shoulder of lamb goes well with the mint, feta cheese and saffron.
    'The basic ingredients of any kebab are the meat, salad and sauces. I wanted to improve all of them while ensuring the end product was still recognisable as a kebab.'
    The kebab was created to mark the launch of new programme The Great Food Truck Race on the TV Channel Food Network UK.

Read more: Don of all doners: Chef creates world's most expensive kebab costing stomach-churning 750 | Mail Online

Sounds awesome, but that price is insane.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

yeah, sounds good. too bad I'll never know for sure.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

It's so unipsired to just put champagne and safran into a dish to make it fancy. I'm amazed he didn't use white truffles. Yawn.

That being said, I want to try the tofu version of this.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I don't care what goes into it or how much it costs - it'll never taste as good as the ones I get from my local greasy takeaway at 2am after a heavy night on the beer.
    We can't stop here. This is bat country.

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

^^
    this.
    the best kebab in the world costs about 7-8 dollars and is from parfums de beyrouth in geneva.

i miss kebabs soooo much. i still haven't found a decent one here.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I had the best tofu kebab in Utrecht the other day. 4 Euros.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

why does that "kebab" look like a burrito???
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

^^^^
    yeah that's anotehr thing i don't like about it - the bread looks like those nasty pancho villa mexican tortillas that come in plastic bags
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Thread Information