Thread: Smokey Bones Resturant

Default Smokey Bones Resturant

Ok I have been trying to find the post where someone suggested trying Smokey Bones. The Veggie burger at that. Well I did and it was the best burger I have ever EVER had.
    I went last week and have been raving to everyone.
    I had the Veggie Burger, cup of Chicken Noodle soup(it was the best soup I have had in a very long time) and a bag of donuts. I did share the donuts with my husband and son.
    So if you have a Smokey Bones in your area trying it. My husband and I are going this weekend. Of course Ill have a Veggie Burger while he chows down on the Baby Back Ribs.
    Thank you to whoever suggested this resturant. I want to give you points for an excellent recommendation
    Last edited by SammysMom; March 29th, 2006 at 10:57 PM.

Default Re: Smokey Bones Resturant

My husband and I have been to Smoky Bones a couple of times, and were very happy with it!!! My husband is always on the search for the 'perfect' ribs, and he said thier ribs are pretty close.

And the bag of freshly made donuts makes an unusual, but DELICIOUS, dessert!!!
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

Zee

I tried Smokey Bones and absolutely hated itthe place. Keep getting gift certificates to SBones as gifts. Finally found something I like there- margaritas.

Not overly fond of chain restaurants, prefer getting surprised by nice little places across the country. Some have been absolute dives with no charm but wonderful food.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

I have never heard of this place before..but there are several near me..including one just about 3 miles away. My parents are wanting to take me out to dinner and i have been putting it off..same with my old roommate. Should I try this place? do they have some 'plain food' that 70 year olds would like(not so spicy and all)?

*just checked out their menu..does not look very elderly friendly. looks very very chainlike except maybe more spicy than most. no prices listed of course.*

One literally opened in my area about 3 months ago. Been there twice. It has been ok.....not great. Drinks were very expensive.....

I didn't have the Ribs, but have heard they are just ok....there's a local place in Syracuse (Dinosaur BBQ) that has the BEST.

Bronze Member

From personal experience, I have found that the local places are usually the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita
    I have never heard of this place before..but there are several near me..including one just about 3 miles away. My parents are wanting to take me out to dinner and i have been putting it off..same with my old roommate. Should I try this place? do they have some 'plain food' that 70 year olds would like(not so spicy and all)?

*just checked out their menu..does not look very elderly friendly. looks very very chainlike except maybe more spicy than most. no prices listed of course.*
    When I went it seemed all there were were older folks. One table behind me the mom and dad were 90 yrs old and the daughter was telling the waitress they were visiting her from Dallas and it was their 70th wedding anniversary.
    Monkey I had it with the onions and mushrooms with Swiss cheese. I will try the Lodge salad next time unless Im really craving that Veggie burger again. Oh and I loved all the TVs. Watched General Hospital something I hadnt done in about a year or more.

I go to places where they don't have TVs. It's getting tougher, but why in hell do you need to watch TV while you're eating out in a restaurant?

A classy bar that has a TV on will never get my business -- I've been known to walk out after telling them why. Isn't there ANY place we can go in this culture to escape the mediocrity of mass communication?

Just venting I guess....

Usually I dont watch TV when eating or waiting for my food but that day I was by myself and the place was pretty empty, it was at 2pm. I understand what you are talking about it can get frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by SammysMom
    When I went it seemed all there were were older folks. One table behind me the mom and dad were 90 yrs old and the daughter was telling the waitress they were visiting her from Dallas and it was their 70th wedding anniversary.
    Monkey I had it with the onions and mushrooms with Swiss cheese. I will try the Lodge salad next time unless Im really craving that Veggie burger again. Oh and I loved all the TVs. Watched General Hospital something I hadnt done in about a year or more.
    Well maybe they would like it then. I guess I can suggest it when it comes up and see what they say. How are the basic food prices?(none of us would drink of course...my parents do not drink and would shit if I drank in front of them.. )
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

I paid like $16 for my Veggie Burger, cup of soup and bag of donuts. But the prices are like Olive Garden, Applebee's or Chili's. Not too bad on prices but I wouldnt be able to go but maybe once a week or once every two weeks.

Thread Information