Thread: In-N-Out Burger Opens in Texas

Default In-N-Out Burger Opens in Texas

In-N-Out Burger Opens in Texas - Yahoo! News

ALLEN, Texas -- Despite the threat of rain, crowds gathered to welcome In-N-Out Burger to the Lone Star state on Wednesday morning as the chain opened its first Texas restaurants in Allen and Frisco.
    In characteristic In-N-Out style, guests were admitted early with staff high-fiving the first patrons through the doors.
    "I'm going to be the first guy from Louisiana to eat a Double-Double in Texas," said Kip Cummings of Shreveport, La. Cummings almost missed the In-N-Out opening in Allen. His son was to graduate from Louisiana State University right about the same time In-N-Out Burger planned to open their new North Texas restaurants. He kept phoning the burger chain to pinpoint the opening date. If necessary, he decided his family could film the graduation ceremony. Aware of Cummings' dilemma, In-N-Out customer service called him earlier this week to let him know the Frisco and Allen locations would open May 11 -- time enough to get his burger and return to Louisiana for his son's graduation.
    What inspires such passion and loyalty?
    "The hamburger is ancillary to the whole experience," said Ron Russek, a devoted customer who queued up a day early at the Allen location. You're treated like a guest, not just a customer, he said.
    He added: "Everything is fresh; never frozen. The French fries are cut from a real potato. They are, bar none, the best."
    In-N-Out Burger is known for its fresh ingredients. According to the company, they don't even own a microwave, heat lamp or freezer. Milk shakes are made from ice cream and sponge-dough buns are fresh baked. The company opened a local distribution center in Dallas to ensure its trademark quality and freshness continues at their Texas locations.
    Cassandra Necaise, an In-N-Out fan, summed up the burger joint's appeal: "I think In-N-Out is fantastic because they have a simple menu, burgers are made to order, and you always get the same great quality every time."
    While many wax eloquently about the food, others, especially former Californians, view the In-N-Out experience with nostalgia. "It's where I told my wife for the first time I loved her," said Darren MacDonald as he waited Tuesday for the Frisco In-N-Out opening.
    Others, however, don't understand what all the fuss is about with native Texans baffled by the hype over a burger. Still there looks to be a burger war looming on the horizon with the Texas original Whataburger pitted against newcomers like In-N-Out Burger. Smashburger and Texas-based Mooyah Burger recently expanded their North Texas presence, too.
    In addition to the Frisco and Allen restaurants, In-N-Out Burger plans to open five other Dallas and Fort Worth locations by year's end.

Good burgers and I like their fries. The meat on the burgers is not gristly like McDs can sometimes be.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

I wonder if it's going to be watered down or are they going to step their game up. Texans are serious about their burgers. I don't really care for Whataburger for the most part, it does things to my digestive system that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

I hope this doesn't turn into a Five Guys situation- beloved local chain becoming watered-down in the name of expansion. But I think In-N-Out will do well in Dallas because there are a LOT of California transplants there who will keep it in business.

There's a whataburger near me. I see them advertising a gizzard sandwich or something. Sounds awful.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Quote Originally Posted by hustle4alivin View Post
    I hope this doesn't turn into a Five Guys situation- beloved local chain becoming watered-down in the name of expansion.
    I love Five Guys. They expanded into Philly a few years ago and have been well received. What did they change during expansion?
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I don't eat burgers, but I am always curious who has the best french fries.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

I'm not a big burger eater either, but I would like to try these. I think Dairy Queen has the best french fries.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

He kept phoning the burger chain to pinpoint the opening date. If necessary, he decided his family could film the graduation ceremony.
    He'd miss his kid's college graduation to go to a fast food joint's opening. Douchefuckingbag.

And I agree with Shellee - Team Dairy Queen.

Thread Information