Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breast milk ice cream, anyone?

Default Breast milk ice cream, anyone?

Breast milk ice cream, anyone? : The Mommy Files

An edgy London ice cream parlor called Icecreamists is dishing up ice cream made from human breast milk. The flavor is named Baby Gaga, and today the shop posted a sign in its window letting customers know they had sold out of it. The unusual dessert, also made with Madagascan vanilla pods and lemon zest, is a huge hit with Londoners.

Victoria Hiley, 35, of Leeds sold her milk to the ice cream shop after responding to an Internet ad. She was paid 15 pounds (about $24) for every 10 ounces of milk.

"What's the harm in using my assets for a bit of extra cash?," Hiley told the British Metro newspaper. "There's nothing more natural than fresh mother's milk."

So far 15 other woman have signed up to sell their liquid gold to Icecreamists. All donors must undergo the same health tests the UK's National Health Service requires when screening blood donors.

Londoners are gaga for Baby Gaga ice cream made with breast milk.

Last year, Manhattan chef Daniel Angerer tempted Americans with cheese made from his wife's breast milk. It wasn't received as well as Baby Gaga ice cream and the health department asked him to take the cheese off the menu at his Klee Brasserie restaurant.

Icecreamists owner Matt O'Connor, 44, doesn't understand why anyone wouldn't want to eat something made with breast milk, "It's the most beautiful thing," O'Connor told the BBC. "It's oarganic. It's free-range. It's totally natural."

"It's oarganic. It's free-range. It's totally natural."
    It's what?
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Hopefully liitle ones are the only one eating it. Who knows what she puts in her body. Sorry, just gross
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

I wonder about the quality control - the taste would likely change from one batch to the next! I suppose it's more about the novelty, though.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

No fn thanks. Yikes.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

I dunno. Providing it's properly screened and all...I mean I had it as a baby, I doubt it'd be bad for me now. That said, I don't see how it's that much of a delicacy. Of course I cannot remember the flavor LOL but I assume it's not much different from cow's milk.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

That's fucking disgusting. I don't want some stranger's breast milk.
    And so, I will keep fighting to make the US a more progressive, multi-cultural country, and my fight starts on GossipRocks - mikesandy

Why stop there? Why don't we start eating other people's feces too. Or drinking menstrual blood. Hey, it's natural!

RIDICULOUS.

Yes, I had breast milk as a baby doesn't mean I want it now from some strange woman's breast. It's only NATURAL when the mother's milk is being consumed by her own baby. In a way, it's sacred. Or should be.

And the name "Baby Gaga?" SPARE ME!

*gag* I'm so grateful for my lactose intolerance right now... There is no way in hell! That's beyond disgusting!

I literally gagged when I read this. Who are the sick fucks buying and actually eating this shit? Disgusting!

It's gross and personally I would never touch that shit. I rarely eat dairy products as it is but I don't see how its any worse than eating cows milk, they are pumped full of steroids,antibiotics, medications,fed an unatural diet,etc. The milk has been screened so to each his or her own :O
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

Quote Originally Posted by blissfullyunaware View Post
    I rarely eat dairy products as it is but I don't see how its any worse than eating cows milk, they are pumped full of steroids,antibiotics, medications,fed an unatural diet,etc.
    Thank you.

I think it's rather funny that breast milk from our own species is disgusting, but breast milk from another animal (which also contains, in addition to the above, pus and blood from infected udders) is fine. LOL

Id figure it tastes different depending on what she ate that day so is it really worth trying? You go in expecting sweet and getting sour, itll be horrible. No, I think Id pass. Id try it for the novelty but Id hate to catch it on a bad day. And if I tried it I want to make sure its safe. She better pass all sorts of tests first.

Does she sell the milk too? She mightve stumbled across a nice get rich quick scheme here.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    Thank you.

I think it's rather funny that breast milk from our own species is disgusting, but breast milk from another animal (which also contains, in addition to the above, pus and blood from infected udders) is fine. LOL
    Good points. If you think about it, drinking animal milk is a bit strange, anyway. It's designed for a mother's offspring, not for another being. But I'm saying this as someone who's trying to get away from consuming so much cow milk.

Well they just banned it so hopefully it doesnt pop up anywhere else
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information