Login to remove the ads!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Restaurant that has banned screaming children says business is better than ever

Default Restaurant that has banned screaming children says business is better than ever

Restaurant that has banned screaming children says business is better than ever

By Mail Foreign Service
    Last updated at 11:06 PM on 9th September 2010

A North Carolina restaurant has put a ban on unruly children, with a sign on the front door saying screaming children will not be tolerated.
    Brenda Armes, the owner of the Olde Salty's restaurant in Carolina Beach, said she got sick of customers complaining about parents who couldn't control their children during meals.
    She said many parents allowed their children to treat the restaurant like their personal playground, misbehaving and 'squawking'.

No brats allowed: Olde Salty's restaurant in North Carolina, where owner Brenda Armes has banned diners with screaming children

Parents will whining children will not be kicked out of the restaurant, but an employee will approach them and ask them to take their child outside and calm them down.
    And the policy seems to be working, with business booming at the restaurant.
    Mrs Armes said: 'It has been a good thing for us. It has brought us in more customers than it has ever kept away.'

Daring policy: Mrs Armes and the sign at the front of her restaurant. The move has been greeted with mixed reactions, but Mrs Armes says business is booming

The new rule has had a mixed reception with diners.
    Gary Gibson, who was visiting Olde Salty for the first time, said: 'It's not very enjoyable when you hear a bunch of kids screaming. It's nice to see a sign like that up.'
    But Ashley Helfin, a mother of two, said: 'I've never seen a restaurant say, don't bring your screaming kids in here. You can't help it if your kids scream.'
    But Mrs Armes disagreed, and said her 'no brats' policy was here to stay.
    She said: 'We want to attract the type of people that come in knowing they aren't going to have to sit behind a table with a bunch of screaming children.'

Quiet environment: Mrs Armes said she got fed up of customers complaining about parents with unruly children

Confrontation: Mrs Armes outside the restaurant with mother of two Ashley Helfin. Mrs Helfin said she strongly disagreed with the restaurant's new policy

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk
    wait, did i miss something? who broke your wang?
    Keneesha when she banged it up a mango tree until I fainted.

Thumbs up

Excellent! I absolutely HATE eating somewhere with screaming kids who run around, touch EVERYTHING & annoy you when you're trying to have a peaceful meal - whilst the mother ignores them.

I would go to this restaurant because of the new policy. THANK YOU! Huge thumbs up from me.

You can't help it if your kids scream.
    Yes you can! It's called teaching children manners i.e. parenting!

Thanks for posting!
    beauty is only skin deep (where's the scalpel?)

I approve.

Apparently now she's anti-autism because a symptom of autism is screaming.

''No screaming children'' sign at restaurant creating lots of noise

Standing outside a KFC defending the Colonel

Ha! There is a mediclal condition called 'exaggerated subjective response of loudness' by the ear, in which the listener who has a tested audiogram ‘within normal limits” but still finds certain sounds abrasive, painful, and irritating.

BLAM! PEANUT BUTTER AND JAM!

There's a disability to counter you screaming autistic kid's disability, lady. Personally, I don't care if you have a medical condition or not, you should still treat others with respect and not do rude things, like sit and scream in the middle of a resturant. Kelly Chambliss looked like a whiney bitch in the video too. She needs a beat down.
    I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them. - George W. Bush

good for the owner.

I wonder how the mother of the 2 screaming brats would like it, if I showed up at dinner time at her house,and just stood there and screamed for the entire meal?
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Wall o'text should be outlawed. Paragraphs are everyone's friend.

Gawd bless The Olde Salty and Brenda Armes! Totally reasonable to expect your customers to control unruly children, I think it's what any considerate person would do.

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    good for the owner.

I wonder how the mother of the 2 screaming brats would like it, if I showed up at dinner time at her house,and just stood there and screamed for the entire meal?
    I would pay to see that and finally a restaurant with balls. I hope this catches on. Parents need to take better control of their sprogs. It is impossible to enjoy a night out when there are ferals running around and screaming.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Good! I never tolerated my kid acting an ass in public and would certainly never subject anyone else to that shit. Take your damn brats home, Ashley - and honey, you need to take a good look in the mirror before you leave the house in the future! That dress is in worse taste than those little screaming shits you drag around with you.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Good for her. Those damn kids already have enough places to go scream like Chuck E Cheese.

Yup, can't control your kids---DONT GO OUT TO EAT. Truly simple.

Grimm's new fav restaurant.

Good. If parents can't manage their children's behaviour they should stay home.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiseguy View Post

Confrontation: Mrs Armes outside the restaurant with mother of two Ashley Helfin. Mrs Helfin said she strongly disagreed with the restaurant's new policy

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk
    My money is on the old broad in the sweatshirt & cap! If you don't like the policy ~don't eat there~ simple!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    Good! I never tolerated my kid acting an ass in public and would certainly never subject anyone else to that shit. Take your damn brats home, Ashley - and honey, you need to take a good look in the mirror before you leave the house in the future! That dress is in worse taste than those little screaming shits you drag around with you.
    Ah! See I wasn't the only one that noticed that....

I don't have an issue with kids in a kid-approprite "restaurant"; or well behaved ones at adult restaurants, but I hate kids (esp the screaming kind) so I don't go to Chucky Cheese, etc so don't bring your little monster to my restaurants!

Love it. Love every bit of it.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information