Login to remove the ads!

Thread: Burger King Selling Ribs

Default Burger King Selling Ribs

Whhhhhhyyyyyyyy????

I'm a huge barbecue aficionado. I grew up watching my dad at the grill, and I've inherited some of his skills. I've eaten everything from pulled pork with vinegar sauce (eh) to big juicy Beef Ribs dripping with sauce (divine) to grilled veggies (yummy!). I wanted to know if any of you have had the Burger King ribs. Of course, in the city I live in, they've ran out of ribs many times at the local BK's, so I haven't been able to sink my teeth into them. Obviously, that must be a sign. I know they're going to be either OK or outright gross and disgusting.

I'm a huge BBQ snob, so I'm debating about going out to the nearest BK to try them out. I'm pretty sure the pork meat has hormones and all kinds of shit in them.

Here are some reviews:

Burger King Ribs €” The Wandering Foodie

"
    So to talk about the actual taste of the rib – it wasn’t awful, it just wasn’t great. There was a bit of smokiness and one had some char on it that was nice, but it seemed like the outlier, and that one happened to have the least meat on it. The consistency of my first bite was a bit mealy. You could tell they’d been frozen and thawed. The bone to meat ratio was way off. No self-respecting rib place establishment would stand for this cut of rib; the ratio is more like a ghetto Chinese joint’s rib special. You’re not getting a whole lot of meat here.
    And what the fuck is this:

How is the muscle separating from itself? That’s not supposed to happen. I just finished reading The Omnivore’s Dilemma, and I have no doubt in my mind this happened because of the drugs injected into this poor pig before it was served to me. You can really see how tiny these motherfuckers are in this picture. My thumbs are not gigantic, they just appear that way in the picture.
    But seriously folks. What’d you think was going to happen? You thought these were going to be awesome? Tasty? Thick and juicy? C’mon son.
    This is Burger King, and they’re test marketing ribs."

Reality Check: Burger King's 'Fire-Grilled Ribs' | Serious Eats

"As far as fast food goes, these ribs are great. They're actual pork, the tips of pork short ribs, and don't have that artificially composed taste (nor the occasional nub of cartilage) that the McRib has. And for a drive-thru, the meat is quite tasty: it doesn't have, say, the watery, salt-infused fake taste of a headless, featherless Kentucky Fried bio-bird. The naked meat is pretty appealing—you're not dealing with a cotton-corn-syrup bun, nor gritty pink tomato and weak lettuce. Thirty minutes after eating, I didn't have that Fast Food Hangover; I still felt like a human being. They're salty, you can taste fatty, meaty pork, and the meat comes clean off the bone. I would definitely go back.
    However, as someone who likes ribs more than he likes fast food, these ribs fell short. They all tasted like they had been microwaved. Most were shiny, with an eerie glisten—the kind normally reserved for the free fried chicken you get with a delivery over $30 from a Chinese restaurant. Of the eight I tried, three or four fell off the bone; the others required some serious chew. The glaze on the outside was so dried that it cracked and crisped. Basically, inside of the six or eight you get, they're hit or miss."

These gross me out beyond belief, and I would bet anything that they're probably microwaved and that they're using that chemical that gives them a "charred" taste. Before I gave up fast food I tried their "mini burgers" and those were microwaved and I won't touch their breakfast because it's all microwaved crap.

I wouldn't touch these even if someone paid me to.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

I would not like these I am sure, but I do like BK's fish sandwich-as long as they do not glop too much sauce on it.

I most of all despise the 'Burger King' itself, that creepy thing that appears in the commercials. Kill it with fire.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

^^That "King" scares the crap out of me too. I don't have a fear of clowns or anything like that, but I HATE it.

Oh yes, I tried the "ribs" *hangs head*

They weren't bad, but they sure as hell weren't that great either. They were also super tiny and barely had any meat on the bone. They didn't taste "naturally" grilled either if you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    I would not like these I am sure, but I do like BK's fish sandwich-as long as they do not glop too much sauce on it.

I most of all despise the 'Burger King' itself, that creepy thing that appears in the commercials. Kill it with fire.
    Really? I think the 'Burger King' is the best part about BK But those ribs look nasty. I bet they're possum or something.
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Ok. But are they any good? I just think it's weird. I love my locol rib shack too much to get them from BK.

If I am going to eat ribs, why would I go to Burger King? They'd probably just end up being dry, crusty, and give you a trip to the bathroom.

I learned my lesson. It was just an extra $1.99 along with my combo meal. Otherwise, I would've never bought them. I have my favorite local rib joints here in town, so I will definitely stick to them!

My husband brought some home and I took a bite. They are very small with little meat but what little meat they have is ok because of the smokey taste. I won't ever try them again though.
    The burger king creeps me out too, especially when he wakes up in bed next to that guy. I would have had a heart attack.

Thread Information