Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calorie Watch! IHOP's New Cheesecake-Pancake Combo

Default Calorie Watch! IHOP's New Cheesecake-Pancake Combo

IHOP Introduces Cheesecake-Pancake Stackers After KFC's New Calorie-Busting Sandwich - cbs2.com

NEW YORK (AP) ― Cheesecake, meet pancake.

Weeks after KFC made headlines -- not entirely celebratory -- by stacking two pieces of chicken around bacon and cheese, IHOP is introducing a limited-time dessert featuring two pancakes sandwiching a layer of cheesecake.

IHOP's Pancake Stackers consist of a crustless cheesecake filling surrounded by two buttermilk pancakes and topped with a strawberry, blueberry or cinnamon apple compote and whipped topping. Pancake Stackers are available a la carte or with a combo meal, which adds eggs, hash browns and a choice of bacon, pork sausage links and ham to the tally.

And yes, the meal can be a diet buster.

The Glendale, Calif.-based company did not provide nutritional information for Pancake Stackers by themselves. But the company said the regular combo meal -- which includes Pancake Stackers with strawberries, two eggs, bacon and hash browns -- runs 1,250 calories.

That meal is more than double KFC's Double Down chicken sandwich -- which weighs in at 540 calories -- and at least half the total calories many adults should eat all day. It also packs 2,750 milligrams of sodium. The Institute of Medicine recommends that adults not exceed 2,300 milligrams of sodium a day.

"It's yet again another dietary disaster brought to you by fast food," said Susan Levin, a dietitian for the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine, which also has been critical of the Double Down.

The Double Down and Pancake Stackers come at a time when many chain restaurants are adding -- and even bragging about -- lower-calorie and lower-sodium menu options.

IHOP officials said their latest offering is just one of many choices on a menu that also includes lower-calorie items.

"It's an opportunity to give our guests another reason to come into IHOP," said Carolyn O'Keefe, IHOP's senior vice president of marketing.

Stackers are available at participating IHOP restaurants nationwide through June 20. Individual restaurants will set prices.

Pancakes layered with cream cheese and strawberry goo? I'd eat it.

^ I would too. Pancakes + cheesecake =
    I love IHOP, but obviously we don't eat there all of the time. I eat moderately, so something like this every once in awhile won't hurt.

It's guaranteed to taste better than that flimsy. salty-ass peice of crap that KFC is pushing. Sure why not indulge with pancake and cheescake.

This sounds like somehing a group of kids would order & share after the prom.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Sorry, but IHOP pancakes are fucking awesome and I'd totally eat the whole thing. Without remorse. Their blueberry pancakes are from Heaven.

fgg

i'd be all over that!!

WHYYYYYYYYYYYY do they do this to me as soon as I cut carbs? OMG I would be all over this shit!
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

Oh I'm so there! Their stuffed french toast (stuffed with cream cheese) is to die for!

Eh, no.

But I do love those strawberry pancakes!

There are no Ihops around me. I hear such great things about their pancakes but I don't want to drive 45 mins for them. This new one doesn't sound good to me though.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Ugh, the last time I let the boys talk me into IHOP, my stomach hated me for the rest of the day.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    This sounds like somehing a group of kids would order & share after the prom.
    prom then an orgy and a doobie and THEN IHOP.
    Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Ugh, the last time I let the boys talk me into IHOP, my stomach hated me for the rest of the day.
    me too! my son loves that tripe, I could live without it forever!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    Oh I'm so there! Their stuffed french toast (stuffed with cream cheese) is to die for!
    I need to try that once before I die.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I like cheesecake and pancake, but together? Hmm...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information