Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Ideas

Default Need Ideas

I was just given huge amounts (like giant jars) of the following:

1.Raspberry Chipotle Sauce

2.Raspberry Wasabi Sauce/dip

3.Peanut Ginger oil/sauce.

What can I do with these???

They are gourmet items that this person got free and he gave me some.

I already used the Peanut Ginger sauce on an Asian chicken salad I just happened to have and was about to eat, and it was delicious.

The Raspberry Chipotle sauce tastes good and seems like it would be great as a glaze as well as a dip

Not sure about the other thing. It has very little Raspberry taste, and is quite hot. I like it though.

Any ideas?

Can I freeze any of these to help make them last?
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

I don't think you can freeze them, when thawed they'd be really grainy. But they should last for quite a while in the fridge. And if unopened, they'll stay in the pantry for a really long time.

Any of those work as an easy marinade on chicken or pork. The raspberry sauces make fantastic dips if you mix with a little sour cream and cream cheese - got raves when used as a dipping sauce for lamb.

They'll add a kick to whatever you put them on.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

you can make delicious noodles with the peanut ginger oil/sauce. by oil/sauce do you mean that it's a kind of tahini consistency?
    i make these noodles in a kind of pan-asian dressing with tahini that a friend taught me to make but you could just substitute the peanut ginger sauce and i'm sure it would taste amazing.

egg noodles. like this:

in a bowl, mix:
    -peanut ginger oil/sauce
    -soy sauce
    -rice vinegar
    -i also add some store bought japanese sesame-soy salad dressing for a hint of sweetness but this is optional, and you could easily substitute with sweetened cooking sake
    -a bit of powdered (or paste) wasabi, for kick. i like wasabe with this because i make it with tahini but if you're using peanut it might taste even better with some thai red chili paste

stir-fry some shrimp (or chicken, or tofu, etc....) and soy sprouts and bok choy or any other veg you want in garlic.

cook the noodles. drain. add the dressing. don't use a lot - the dressing should be quite thick so that it coats the noodles but isn't saucy. add some black sesame seeds or in this case with the peanut ginger sauce i guess you could just add some chopped peanuts.

serve noodles in a bowl and top with the stir-fried shrimp and veggies.

and i'm pretty sure you could freeze the peanut ginger sauce.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I would use that Raspberry Chipotle or the wasabi sauce on a pork tenderlion roast. That could be devine. Or the chipotle on a ham with maybe pineapple.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

The Peanut Ginger sauce is very thick, and I know I will use it on noodles. It is delicious too. I am sure I will find many uses for it.

The Raspberry Chipotle sauce is freaking delicious. It is smokily sweetly delicious and I have been using as a dippin sauce for chicken for lunch. Very good.

I know it will go well with chicken, and if I find some pork on sale, I think I might even try that(usually do not eat pork)

Do you think it would work on beef? I have alot of frozen beef I need to use.

Too bad I cannot freeze the stuff(besides the Peanut sauce which will get used up anyway).

I have huge amounts of these. And maybe more coming.

The Raspberry Chipotle container is about the size of a two liter pop!!!

Too bad that nobody I know likes hot or spicy foods.

These items were originally meant for the "Sociale Gourmet" Stores..
    . Anyone ever heard of them?

i don't see why you can't freeze the raspberry sauces?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

You can use it on beef,too. Just that most people like a bit of sweet on pork. Try this: take a chuck roast ( or some cheapie kind) Sear it on all sides. In a bowl, mix raspberry wasbi sauce (1/4 cup) 1/4 cup olive oil. Spices you like-like oregano, salt,pepper, 1 tablespoon paprika. Plunk the roast in it,slathering both sides. Get 2 big sheets of heavy duty tinfoil. Make a big cross with them. Put roast in middle. Pour on any remaining sauce. fold up ends like a giant envelope, so nothing can get out. Put on cookie sheet. Put in oven. Turn on 250 degrees after you put in in. Leave 4 hours on 250. After 4 hours, take out ,poke hole at on end on back & let juices drain out in skillet, and let sit on counter or refrigerate overnight if you want.
    Next, cook chopped onions in juice. Might have to add water or beef broth. Cover with little carrots (i micro mine in water 10 mins first) small potatos, quartered, on top of carrots. Salt & pepper layers. Cook on low 10-15 minutes. Then add roast on top. Cook on low another 10-15 minutes. Serve with french bread.
    That is a variation of an Alton Brown recipe I use all the time, except I use plain ol apple vinegar. Your wasabi contains rice vinegar, pretty sure. The flavor will be fantastic. Enough for several meals,too.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Stuff expands when you freeze it and if the jars are glass, they may burst. If you're going to freeze a sauce, you may want to transfer it to plastic containers first (perhaps even more usable container sizes if these are indeed giant). When thawed, the sauces may settle out into layers and will need a shake before using. Don't microwave to thaw, just let them thaw in the fridge or at room temp. Some of those freezer containers don't microwave well. Sounds like you're going to be having some tasty eating!
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

I love mixing anything rasberry with balsamico - delicious on salads, especially combined with lots of walnuts and garlic.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

I froze everything in small containers except for some of the wasabi(in case it does not freeze well) and of course the peanut ginger sauce. That is not freezable is it? It is very thick, not very liquid at all-should I try to freeze some of it? It definitely needs cut with some oil to be a good dressing-too thick as it is. I guess peanut oil would be the obvious choice huh?

On second thought, why couldn't I freeze it-I have frozen pesto sauce successfully-it has a bit of a color change but it is still good. I have frozen that before in ice cube trays, and then taken out and individually wrapped and put back in the freezer-perfect little sizes.

Too bad I had to give away my chest freezer-no room for it here. Gave it to the neighbors.

I also have the spicy salsa they have. Have not opened it yet.

How are you getting on with your gourmet foods, Sojiita?? If you still have the raspberry/wasabi one, try it with something creamy or cheesy - like over a cream cheese bagel.
    A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.(Lana Turner)

Quote Originally Posted by penname View Post
    How are you getting on with your gourmet foods, Sojiita?? If you still have the raspberry/wasabi one, try it with something creamy or cheesy - like over a cream cheese bagel.
    Well I froze most of it..and I am not eating too much of it at a time since every bit of it is absolutely loaded with either fat or some type of sugar. Many many calories! (naturally, since it is all delicious )

SVZ

Raspberry chipotle could be amazing on ice cream...just a thought

The peanut stuff is amazing as a sauce on pizza. Chicken, cheese the peanut sauce and anything else that looks good. Wow this sounds good - I think I just decided on what to have for dinner

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Face View Post
    The peanut stuff is amazing as a sauce on pizza. Chicken, cheese the peanut sauce and anything else that looks good. Wow this sounds good - I think I just decided on what to have for dinner
    The thing I noticed about the peanut sauce is that it has more vinegar in it than I would like. Any ideas on how I could 'cut down' the vinegar taste? Adding peanut butter maybe? Any ideas?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information