Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Think I have a problem with food....

Default Think I have a problem with food....

Guess this is the appropriate place to post...I think I have a problem with food. I am always hungry.
    This morning on the way to work, I ate 2 huge blueberry biscuits from hardees then went to chick filet and got a combo. One day this week I ate at taco bell then went through drive through at burger king and ate again....It has been 3 hours since I ate all that food this morning and I am thinking about what to eat for lunch, what to make for supper. I order extra at lunch and take it to the car with me and eat.
    I honestly don't think I have whatever the chemical is in your brain that tells your brain you are full.
    Some people may think this is funny, but it is getting pretty serious. I have put on about 10 pounds in the last 4 or 5 months. I don't want to be one of those 600 pound women who never get out of bed.
    Advice?
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

Yes. Keep lots of fruits & veggies on hand. Sprinkle with your favorite seasoning (I like Cavenders). Tastes like a million calories!
    You have got to knock off the fast food junk-but you know that.
    Give up sodas ENTIRELY. Diet,too.
    Switch to Splenda,not sugar. Use soy milk if you put it in coffee. By the end of the year,you will lose 10 pounds,doing nothing else. I did.
    Get a lot of frozen or canned veggies you like-turnip greens,string beans,okra,tomatoes,onions etc-make a big pot of soup-season well. Get a bowl of that when hungry. All those veggies are close to zero in calories,but fill you up. Allow yourself 5 crackers-no more. Regular ones,not low fat,etc.
    You are right-this cannot continue! Keep busy with other things-paint your closets,do house happy things. Oh-and walk just 20 minutes a day.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

have you been tested for diabetes, or low blood sugar (hypoglycemia). I know when my blood sugar bottoms out, i find myself shoving food in my face.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

So this has only been happening for a few months? Do you get cravings for sugar, salt or just any food in general? I think it would be wise to get a blood test just to check that everything is normal.

I'm somewhat similar. I always feel unsettled during the winter and eat ridiculous foods. I really only feel like myself with too much comfort food in my belly, which usually mean grease.

That said, if I restrict salt and snacks and follow portion control, I can get those cravings under control. It takes a lot for me to follow those restrictions, but it does work. The main thing for me is to be organized and have healthier choices immediately available when I want fast food. Unfortunately, in order to work, watching my diet has to be my all consuming focus and I have a lot of trouble keeping with that.

Good luck.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

This sounds sudden, rebel, so you should probably check with your doctor and see if anything is up and get it sorted out.

Do you eat this way every meal, every day?

It's been going on for a few months. I don't do it every meal, but I always end a meal not feeling full-not satisfied. My hubby has always teased me that I could eat a meal then see something on tv and say OMG that looks so good. Or smell something cooking walking by a restaurant and think I could eat that. I have always done that.
    The eating twice probably happens a couple of times a month. It is almost like I am binge eating. I do this during the day and go home and eat supper normally. Well, usually have seconds but don't sneak food at night or anything.
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

I'm with McJag. Get off the junk food and start eating real food whenever you're hungry. Your appetite should stabilize very quickly. I got over an eating disorder/body image disorder this way. You have to remember that food is essentially a drug for your body - there are good and bad drugs. Choose wisely.

stop eating at fast food horror joints, yuck
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I would make a doctor's appt. soon. In fact I just switched Dr.s recently because of a multitude of issues my old doctor wasn't addressing. I sometimes would feel like "my stomach was full, but my mouth was still hungry." I craved food at times. It would sometimes be hard to control and it just depleted my will power. My doctor is now testing me for several different things that she thinks could be causing this and my other issues before setting a game plan. I don't know if what you are experiencing is the same, but it does sound similar in a way. I know that even though it's only been a couple visits to the new Dr., I feel a lot better knowing that it's not imaginary and my Dr. feels there is an actual medical reason that I'm having the uncontrolled cravings.

Happy trails to you...until we meet again.
    I love & miss you Dad.

^^Dieting will cause the rebound hunger you are describing. Physically full but the mouth wants more. Have been there. Again, eat well and on time.

fgg

it sounds like a medical or emotional issue to me. did anything big or traumatic happen around the time all of this started?

Still you start taking any meds a few months ago? Certain meds will make your appetite go crazy.

Yes, go to the doc and make sure to get your thyroid checked out along with other endocrine and blood sugar issues. Go grocery shopping for whole grains --- stop all the white bread, flour, refined sugar stuff and fast food trips. You can find whole grain high fiber pastas, crackers, bread, rice, etc., and along with proteins and veggies, it will fill you up for longer and keep your blood sugar more stable.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information