Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Schwan's

Default Schwan's

I found a catalog at Panera's this afternoon of Schwan's food. Wondered if anyone has ever tried their products and if so if you buy one thing are you locked in forever meaning will you have the Schwan man bothering you? They had some shrimp and fish that looked really good and a good price.

Default Re: Schwan's

You know I've never tried their food and I'm curious too cause I always see a Schawn's truck driving by my house.

We used to get it...let's see. We had (this was a looooong time ago): chicken nuggets, chicken legs, orange juice, ice cream, taquitos, rice/veggies/chicken or rice/veggies/beef, and these little frozen strawberry cups, pizza, too, most likely. I wasn't too picky back then, so I loved everything, but now I think I would gag on most of it, as I'm used to "real" food. I also remember that eventually we stopped the service and my parents went on Atkins.

I've used them on & off for years. They do have some really good stuff, but it can get pricey. It is better than a lot of freezer food you get at the grocery store. We also have bought filet mignons from them a lot. They're shrink wrapped & frozen, and really good. So are the boneless pork chops, if you like that kind of thing. There are lots of things on their menu, so it's trial & error. You just have to realize that you are paying extra for the convenience of having it delivered & well-packaged. I have an upright freezer, too; storage is a consideration. You can tell them how often to come by. You can also do internet ordering, so they'll have it all ready when they ring the doorbell. Some drivers are more accomodating than others when it comes to the time to deliver. You have the same driver all the time, until he leaves & gets replaced. It got kind of aggravating for me during baseball season, because we're at the ball field with our kids so much, and we would miss the guy.

ETA: About the Atkins thing, even Schwans got carb-conscious & started labelling carb count & all that.

The Schwans men will start stalking you and coming to your house at odd hours. Beware.
    But, yeah, I used to order from them, they can be pricey though.
    But, then I stopped answering the door.

I love those Italian Dippers.

Id like to try them but I dont want to be "stalked". I dont know maybe I should sleep on it. HEHEH

Quote Originally Posted by chuckpony
    The Schwans men will start stalking you and coming to your house at odd hours. Beware.
    When I first saw the title of the thread I thought that it would sound funny in Germany: Schwanz = tail... or dick. Chuckpony's comment after that was just too much
    "Sex is not, by default, depraved and dirty. Unless it's really good."
    morons.org

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

I used Schwans a couple of times but felt like their food was just overprocessed and laden with preservatives so I stopped. And yeah, the Schwans man will take it personally when you stop using their product. Now I get all my meat fresh from the Mennonite meat market, very fresh and most of my fruits and veggies there.. we eat as fresh as possible here.

We don't have Schwans here but we did when I grew up in Virginia. My mom thinks it's funny because I always called the Schwans guy The Duck Catcher. I was little and didn't know any better! And the truck looked like the dog catcher's truck but had a duck on the side. (Well at least it did 15 years ago)

We bought from Schwan's several years ago. The food tasted pretty good, but it was really expensive. Our Schwan's guy was really nice (and hot!), and he didn't stalk us when we told him we were no longer interested.

Personally, I wouldn't buy it again, but that's because I know how I am--I'd fill up the deep freeze with a bunch of fattening crap! My husband, who doesn't think twice about such things, would love to begin ordering again.

Silver Member

I have never heard of it, what is it? Like a Peapod type type thing?

I have not seen the Schwan's man in a few years, and well, just the other week one stopped by here. He dropped off a catalogue and said he would come back in 2 weeks. I think it has been over 2 weeks. WHERE IS HE?!?!?
    This one is clearly not a stalker.

Silver Member

Excellent ice cream. Their roasted (i think that is what they are called) apples make a great side dish for pork. They were very delicious and fresh tasting. Spinach mushroom pizza was quite tasty. I had to give back the onion rings. hated them. Alot. I think it's fun to get food from them. Oh, a friend loves their mahi mahi.

Elite Member

There was a woman in the subdivision that I used to live in that ended up falling in love and marrying her Schwan's delivery man. Once they got married, he quit his job, started his own handyman service (which never got off the ground) and basically sat around, drinking beer and living off her.

Beware the friendly Schwan's delivery man!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information