Thread: Garden Protein - new meatless product I found

fgg

Default Garden Protein - new meatless product I found

i just found this at the grocery store and i love it! low fat, low calorie meatless alternatives.

i bought the crispy tenders, homestyle beefless tips and chick'n scallopini. i haven't tried the beef tips yet but the others are yummy!

gardein™ - garden protein

Oh wow, never heard of this brand before! Cool! This is right up my ally, so I will look for it----as it appears they have some decent recipes along w/their frozen foods.

Thanks!

I was introduced to this stuff recently at a resort in Northern California. I generally don't eat soy or fake meat but this stuff is delish especially the chicken variety. I had the beef version in a veggie chili and it was okay.

Which grocery store did you find it in? I was told that I would have to order it online from Canada.

fgg

i got it at publix.

US

available in the produce section Carrs Daves Markets Dominicks Earth Fare Foodtown Fresh n Easy Frys (coming soon!) Genuardis Giant Carlisle Gristedes Hannafords Harris Teeter Jewel Food Stores King Soopers (coming soon!) Kroger Market Basket / DeMoulas Pak N Save Pavilions (Vons) RALPHS (coming soon) Randalls Roches Brothers Safeway Shaw’s Stop and Shop Tom Thumb Vons Whole Foods available in the frozen section A&P Food Basics Food Emporium Publix (coming soon!) Super Food Mart Super Fresh Waldbaums Whole Foods Market (East Coast)

Canada

available in the produce or deli section Ambrosia Natural Foods Big Carrot Capers Choices Cooper’s Foods Costco Food Basics Foodland Fortino’s Goodness Me IGA Loblaw Metro Nature’s Fare Natural Life Market Overwaitea Planet Organic Real Canadian Superstore Safeway Sobey’s Thrifty Foods Urban Fare Whole Foods Market

^^Damn, just as I move out of the south.

ETA: I just went to the website to find out where to buy. It's got a fairly wide distribution. Can't believe I've not noticed it in the markets. I can get it at Stop and Shop or Whole Foods. Kroger carries it too.

It looks good, but I wish they would make it lower in sodium.

fgg

they talked about this on oprah today. you all have to try it - so good.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Trader Joe's has their own version that tastes identical to Gardein's - perhaps Gardein's makes it. Kind of cheap too - $2.99 for a 3 serving packet of chickenless strips. Really good.

DAMMIT! I was at the store yesterday and couldn't find it. I don't see it on the list either. Fucking Northeast.

A*O

This looks similar to a product called Quorn in the UK. It's been available there for quite a few years now and it's really good.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    DAMMIT! I was at the store yesterday and couldn't find it. I don't see it on the list either. Fucking Northeast.
    I live in the Northeast now. Gardein's is available at Whole Foods. At Trader Joe's, it's in the refrigerated sections near the cheese.

A*O, we get Quorn in the states - have for years - and it's awful in my opinion. This stuff has a much better texture and taste.

A*O

I always liked Quorn (although real meat is even better) but if I can find this Gardein's product here in the colonies I'll give it a go. We can't get many non-meat products unless it's Variations On A Theme Of Tofu. I am cynical enough to think that the extremely powerful and protectionist meat producers have something to do with that.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Thread Information