Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10 of the most peculiar fast foods

Default 10 of the most peculiar fast foods

10 of the Most Peculiar Fast-Foods - Ed Levine Eats on Yahoo! Food

Have you ever taken a minute to think about what weird food gimmicks fast-food restaurants have created to entice us? We think these edible inventions are a little off the mark...

White Castle's chicken rings
    1. White Castle's Chicken Ring: The American burger chain that made sliders famous also makes a fried ring of chicken meat. What looks like a doughnut or a large onion ring actually came from a bird. We gave it a try and it was pretty tasteless -- it just doesn't achieve the magical McDonald's McNuggets crispiness.

2. Taco Bell's Bacon Crunchwrap Supreme: Taco Bell's Crunchwrap Supreme with ground beef is one thing, but then there's the bacon version. I'm skeptical that Taco Bell even stocks bacon (is there room on the line next to the ground beef and shredded cheese?). The bacon-esque bits, sauce, flavoring (or whatever it is) is glued into the cheese, holding the shell and all the goods together.

3. Domino's Bread Bowl Pasta: These come in multiple pasta flavors such as chicken alfredo and mac and cheese, and if those weren't filling enough, you can thankfully eat the receptacle it came in! Even carb lovers might be frightened by the upwards of 800 calories in every bread-on-bread monster. Will pizza delivery men need to add pasta to their job title?

4. McDonald's McLaks: Regional McDonald's have a reputation for stocking unique ethnic version of McDonald's concepts. At a wayward McD's in Oslo, Norway, there's something called a McLaks, pronounced "mac-LOX." Laks is the Norwegian word for salmon, so this would be a fast-food salmon burger. Hopefully it contains fish.

5. Maid-Rite's Loose Meat Sandwich: Should meat be loose? I don't know if tight sounds any better but that adjective just doesn't seem right. This cross between a Sloppy Joe and a burger is "too good to be a patty," says the Midwestern chain. Do you prefer your sandwich innards to be one collosal mass or a gazillion bits of meat particles?

6. MOS Burger's Naan Tacos: The Japanese fast-food chain sells naan with Mexican-themed toppings. The fusion genre never stops surprising us.

7. Jollibee's Breakfast Joys: Are hot dogs a joy? Wait, let's clarify that: are hot dogs before lunchtime a joy? This breakfast package from the Filipino fast-food chain includes the weiner with an egg and garlic fried rice. Technically hot dogs are part of the sausage family, but it just seems like a lot to have with coffee.

8. Hot-Dog-on-a-Stick's Cheese-on-a-Stick: The mall food court standby skewers rods of American and pepper jack cheese. Isn't everything just better on a stick? If you ask Hot-Dog-on-a-Stick they are paid to say yes.

9. McDonald's McRib:
    Ribs are technically curved bones form a ribcage, but this McDonald's sandwich doesn't seem to contain any part of the skeletal system. When you can show me an animal with ribs with no bones, I'll eat a McRib.

10. Hardee's Philly Cheese Steak Thickburger: Hardee's piles cheesesteak fixings-undercooked onions and shaved beef-atop a burger mountain. Is meat topped with other meat products a beautiful or destructive thing?

eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs.v View Post
    i agree!!

7. Jollibee's Breakfast Joys: Are hot dogs a joy? Wait, let's clarify that: are hot dogs before lunchtime a joy? This breakfast package from the Filipino fast-food chain includes the weiner with an egg and garlic fried rice. Technically hot dogs are part of the sausage family, but it just seems like a lot to have with coffee.
    As a Filipino, number 7 made me chuckle. Growing up, my mom made me these kind of breakfasts as it's fast, and easy. Although, food is scarce in the Philippines, hot dogs are one of the foods easily available there. Btw, in Asian cultures, rice is used for breakfast food as well as for lunch, and dinner.

Last edited by heart_leigh; August 21st, 2009 at 09:18 PM.
    Rock the fuck on!

All of that shit sounds so nasty.

Those are just nasty, and wrong..
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Quote Originally Posted by heart_leigh View Post
    As a Filipino, number 7 made me chuckle. Growing up, my mom made me these kind of breakfasts as it's fast, and easy. Although, food is scarce in the Philippines, hot dogs are one of the foods easily available there. Btw, in Asian cultures, rice is used for breakfast food as well as for lunch, and dinner.

I can't hate on people who eat certain foods due to lack of choice. Most of us are pretty lucky to have the luxury of being picky eaters.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

I will admit that Domino's breadbowl pasta is one of my guilty pleasures. I get it with bacon, pineapple, and spinach. I'm usually sick for a day or two after but it is worth it!
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

This makes me feel uneasy,queasy...
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

At the Fresh to go Market they have fried mac and cheese nuggets, they are pretty good
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

My husband's Filipino - he's told me many times fried rice, a fried egg over rice or corned-beef with rice was breakfast. Dessert was condensed milk over rice.

^ Yup! My mom made the corned beef variety as well except she added diced potatoes - a corned beef hash. It may look gross to some others, but actually, it's quite tasty.

This is what I was referring to - the corned beef hash.
    Last edited by heart_leigh; August 22nd, 2009 at 09:19 AM.
    Rock the fuck on!

^^ Yep! It is tasty - my hubby's made it for me before & adds tomatoes and potatoes too.

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    In Prague recently there was "hot dogs" for breakfast - prague sausage, a smokes sausage. My friend had it every morning for breakfast. Many europeans eat meat for breakfast. (or is it just the germans & the dutch?)

I think I know where my friend might go next....

Quote Originally Posted by cupcake View Post
    At the Fresh to go Market they have fried mac and cheese nuggets, they are pretty good
    How many calories do they have per nugget?

^ Yup! My mom made the corned beef variety as well except she added diced potatoes - a corned beef hash. It may look gross to some others, but actually, it's quite tasty.

This is what I was referring to - the corned beef hash.
    MrN LOVES it when I make corned beef hash (was it originally an american dish - is that why its in the Philippines?) I'd never had it til a year or so ago when I agree to make it when he was having a particularly bad time at work (he works in a garage, its cold & dirty ) and its become a go-to staple.
    I always add a decent amount of Worcester sauce, just because....
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    MrN LOVES it when I make corned beef hash (was it originally an american dish - is that why its in the Philippines?) I'd never had it til a year or so ago when I agree to make it when he was having a particularly bad time at work (he works in a garage, its cold & dirty ) and its become a go-to staple.
    I always add a decent amount of Worcester sauce, just because....
    Yes, novice, corned beef hash is indeed American as the Philippines was colonized by the US at one point and is now incorporated with Filipino food.
    Rock the fuck on!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information