Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A 2,010-calorie shake?!?! (and other shocking drinks to avoid)

Default A 2,010-calorie shake?!?! (and other shocking drinks to avoid)

A 2,010-Calorie Shake?!?! (and Other Shocking Drinks to Avoid) on Yahoo! Health

Americans have a drinking problem—we simply consume too much nutrient-empty, calorie-full liquids. Blame food marketers for the ever-expanding serving vessels, chock-full of cheap sugar substitutes, a variety of hard-to-pronounce chemicals, and tons of fats. But it’s not all doom and gloom—it turns out, those liquid calories are the easiest kind to cut. And a recent study from Johns Hopkins University found that people who cut liquid calories from their diets lose more weight—and keep it off longer—than people who cut food calories. In fact, cutting those calories in half could mean you could drop around 23 pounds in one year!

Two years ago, Eat This, Not That! exposed the 20 Unhealthiest Drinks in America. The list was bad in the scary, jaw-dropping sense: Belt-busting beverages that tipped the scales at over 1,000 (and sometimes, 2,000) calories; hundreds of grams of blood-glucose-spiking sugar, and a slew of unnatural and exotic-sounding additives.
    The good news is that many of these beverages have since disappeared from menus and grocery aisle shelves. The bad news, of course, is that even worse monster-malts and Franken-shakes have popped up in their place. That’s why, in our all-new book, Eat This, Not That! The Best (and Worst!) Foods in America! we’ve updated our list of the absolute worst drinks to avoid—and offered sensible alternatives, so you can still enjoy your meals and beverages, but lose weight anyway. Here are the top 4.

4. WORST FLOAT

Baskin-Robbins
    Large Ice Cream Soda with Vanilla Ice Cream Float (32 ounces)
    960 calories
    40 g fat (25 g saturated, 1.5 g trans)
    136 g sugars

If you’re going to have a float, it’s best to limit yourself to one small scoop of ice cream and a reasonable pour of soda, yet Baskin-Robbins’ smallest portion is 32 ounces! Unfortunately, if the ice cream mogul doesn’t begin offering smaller sizes, your options are limited. Either split a small float or cut the soda out of the equation. All of this is part of a troubled history of serving up deleterious drinks at Baskin-Robbins, which came to a belt-snapping climax earlier this year when they began offering the 2,600-calorie Oreo Cookie Shake. After deriding it as the Worst Drink in America on the Today show and in this very blog, we’re happy to say that the folks at Baskin-Robbins have snapped to their senses and eliminated the weapon of mass construction, along with the rest of their so-called premium shakes. They're starting to offer some healthier varieties, too.

Drink This Instead!
    Cappuccino Blast Original (small)
    310 calories
    12 g fat (7 g saturated)
    42 g sugars

3. WORST ICE BLENDED COFFEE DRINK
    Così Gigante Double OH! Arctic (23 ounces)
    1,210 calories
    19 g fat
    259 g carbohydrates

How does Così’s coffee creation reach such abysmal heights? By dropping a giant Oreo cookie into the blender with a flood of chocolate syrup and then sticking another Oreo on top. The only thing stronger than the massive caffeine jolt will be the sugar crash to follow. “Blended coffee drinks” is a troubled genre in need of a name change; we think “caffeinated milk shakes” is a more apt description.

Drink This Instead!
    Grande Latte (15 ounces)
    210 calories
    7 g fat
    21 g carbohydrates

2. WORST SMOOTHIE

Smoothie King’s The Hulk, Strawberry (40 ounces)
    2,088 calories
    70 g fat (32 g saturated)
    240 g sugars

To be fair, this smoothie is made to help people gain weight and that's the only reason it's not our official worst drink in America. The problem is that we live in a nation in which two-thirds of us are overweight, and the number of professional body builders doesn’t constitute a significant demographic. Plus, if you really want to put on some pounds, just eat 9 Odwalla Super Protein bars. That’s how many it would take to match this caloric load.

Drink This Instead!
    The Shredder, Strawberry (20 ounces)
    356 calories
    1 g fat
    41 g sugars

1. THE WORST DRINK IN AMERICA

Cold Stone Creamery Gotta Have It PB&C Shake
    2,010 calories
    131 g fat (68 g saturated)
    153 g sugars

Is this the worst drink on the planet? All signs point to probably. First off, it has more sugar than 12 Fudgsicles, as much fat as a stick and a half of butter, and more calories than 37 Oreos. Oh, it also has 3 days’ worth of saturated fat. Need more proof? Let’s hope not.

Drink This Instead!
    Sinless Oh Fudge Shake—Like It
    490 calories
    2 g fat (2 g saturated)
    110 g carbohydrates
    44 g sugars

They really shouldn't sell that thing. Everyone already eats massive amounts of crap, we don't need help and new, monstrous inventions like this.

1. THE WORST DRINK IN AMERICA
    Cold Stone Creamery Gotta Have It PB&C Shake
    2,010 calories
    131 g fat (68 g saturated)
    153 g sugars

Can you imagine someone having this after three full meals, plus other beverages?? Disgusting..
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

i bet that pb&c shake is yummy. but i'm surprised people dont fall over from sugar coma after eating it. a couple bites and i'd be done.
    I'm not loafing, I just work so fast I'm always finished.

fgg

these lists usually disgust but there's always at least one thing i'd like to eat, even knowing the nutrition. that cold stone shake sounds yummy!

That is so scary. I'm counting calories right now so before I eat anything I find out how many calories is in it. It's crazy how many seemingly healthy things I used to substitute for my regular "naughty" foods only to find out that they have more calories! It's also crazy how many times I have eaten over 1,000 calories in one meal without realizing it. A freakin' medium blizzard at DQ has like 800 calories. I knew it would be high in calories but 800?! That's just insane.
    Beneath the sun of summer a sea of flowers won't bloom without the rain.

Cant stand any of those. I make my own smoothies every morning. I know exactly whats in it,
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

This is so freaky, cause I know up until a few years ago I never really paid attention to the drinkable calories, just what I wazs eating. Dense I know, but I learned. Seriously lot of high numbers in these though
    Act normal and the crowd will accept you. Act deranged and they will make you their leader

240 grams of sugar in one smoothie? That is 60 teaspoons! I feel faint.

Default The 2,000-calorie milkshake

The Cold Stone PB&C packs a whopping 2,010 calories and has been dubbed the worst drink in the U.S.

A 2,000-calorie milkshake that contains as much fat as 25 rashers of bacon has been named as the worst drink in America.
    Just one serving equals the recommended daily calorie intake for women and falls just short of the total for men.
    Made with chocolate ice cream, milk and peanut butter, the shake packs a whopping 131 grams of fat – 68g of which is saturated – and 153g of sugar.
    Called the Cold Stone PB & C, the drink left Jamie Oliver speechless.
    The TV chef, who recently waged war on obesity in a U. S. version of his Food Revolution show, spotted a magazine article about the gut-busting beverage and tweeted: ‘There are no words.’

It beat McDonald’s Triple Thick Chocolate Milkshake – at 1,160 calories, the equivalent of 13 McDonald’s apple pies – to top the list of the Men’s Health magazine’s 20 Worst Drinks in America.
    ‘Health experts recommend capping your saturated fat intake at about 20g per day, yet this beverage packs more than three times that into a cup,’ the magazine said.
    Other fattening drinks on the list include the worst smoothie, at number two, which boasts 1,498 calories with 44g of fat and 214g of sugar.
    The Starbucks White Hot Chocolate with whipped cream, with 520 calories, 16g of fat and 75g of sugar makes it on to the list as the worst hot chocolate.

Josh Fein, who runs the Marina Del Rey ice cream eatery, says the health conscious locals are not that keen on the PB&C shake

But this information didn’t bother tourists in Marina Del Rey, California, as they sampled a supersized – Gotta Have It – size of the PB & C ice cream milkshake.
    Christopher Fields, from Hammond, Indiana, said: ‘It’s delicious. I would definitely have it again.’
    When told the milkshake was nearly the equivalent of the recommended daily calorie intake for men, the chubby 45-year-old said: ‘I don’t care.’

Patting his stomach, he declared: ‘I’d probably have it once a week.’
    Anna Simard from Vancouver was a bit more sceptical.
    The 40-year- old, who was holidaying with husband Dennis and their two children Ava, eight, and Declan, 10, said: ‘It’s great.
    'The kids would love it. But I wouldn’t have it that much because of the calorie intake.
    'I don’t mind the kids having it, though, because they don’t have to worry as much about their calories.’
    Husband Dennis, also 40, liked it but said: ‘I’d maybe have it if it had some rum in it.’
    Ava wasn’t that excited but Declan said: ‘I love chocolate and peanut butter. This is great.’
    Emily Japy, a 20-year- old from Paris, said: ‘I’d definitely have it again. I’m here for two months and I’d probably have it two or three times a month.’
    Josh Fein, who runs the ice cream shop at the beach resort near Los Angeles, says health-conscious locals are not keen on the shake.
    He said: ‘We probably only sell about eight to ten of those a week and mostly to tourists.’
    In Britain, a large McDonald’s strawberry milkshake contains 582 calories and Caffe Nero’s Strawberry Frappe provides 475 calories per serving.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1281479/2-000-calorie-milkshake-equivalent-25-rashers-bacon-dubbed-worst-drink-U-S.html#ixzz0p4n5iFJH

This is horrible for you, but of course delicious as hell.

Thick, rich, creamy milkshakes are so damn good on a hot day!

You just need to set aside a day off for this, and then pop a couple(or half dozen) exlax a little while before you drink it...
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Sounds sooo good.

I'm sure they can make a healthier version with a sugar substitute and low fat milk/ice cream.

I'm not really a fan of peanut butter with ice cream (or peanut butter-flavored ice cream), but I love milkshakes. My favorite fast-food milkshakes are from Chick-Fil-A. Love their coffee/caramel and peach ones.

I don't get the panic about foods that are high in calories.

Yes it's bad for you but you're not supposed to have it every day or every week.
    If you like it, treat yourself every now and then, and compensate with extra exercise if you have to.

I had a whole tub of Ben and Jerry's on my birthday a month ago, ate it all in one go. That's like, what, 1500 calories? It was so worth it.

^^What you say is true. For most, the body is very forgiving of occasional dietary indiscretions. The trick/common sense is not to eat like this everyday and/or only eat a small portion thereof.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information