Yeah, as in the Real Housewives of NYC.
At any rate, I'm a cooking neophyte. I've purchased her Bethenny Bakes frozen cookies, and I keep them frozen. The cookies are fine if I take them out early and let them thaw on their own without any help. Trouble arises when I try to speed up the thaw.
Trouble has arisen twice:
The first time, I took a frozen cookie out and treated it like most other frozen baked goods: I opened the end and put it in the microwave- I think for around 30 seconds. Result: the plastic caught on fire, melted all over the cookie and almost burned out my microwave.
Lesson learned, the next time, I put only the cookie in the microwave. After 15 seconds I smelled something burning and pulled the cookie out of the microwave. The cookie was totally frozen except for the chocolate parts which were mostly melted and singed.
Any ideas on whats going on here? Is it product fail? Does my microwave suck? has anyone else had this experience?
ETA: I really hope someone has an idea / suggestions. Her cookies taste great but I really hate that my entire home smells like burned food after I prepare them. I'm sitting amongst the smell right now and it is not pleasant.