Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 10 foods that vegans can't eat

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    i don't know anyone who thinks a vegetarian eats fish. i haven't eaten meat in 12 years but i do eat fish. it is easier to explain to someone that you are a vegetarian who eats fish than to respond to the inevitable "what about pork? chicken? etc." if you just say you don't eat meat. i use "meat" to encompass all of that stuff.
    I've run into it a lot. Granted, not as much as I used to, but I still get "You eat fish, right?" when I say I'm a vegetarian. And sometimes even questions about chicken, too.

I'd think saying "I'm a vegetarian who eats fish" would invite even more questions about whether you eat other types of meat as well.

Quote Originally Posted by VeraGemini View Post
    I've run into it a lot. Granted, not as much as I used to, but I still get "You eat fish, right?" when I say I'm a vegetarian. And sometimes even questions about chicken, too.

I'd think saying "I'm a vegetarian who eats fish" would invite even more questions about whether you eat other types of meat as well.
    I hate it too. I've known people who say they are vegetarians but I've then found out they still eat fish. Stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    That whole water thing was proven false, btw. 2 weeks ago or so.
    Interesting. There must be some multiplier, though, since you're watering not only the feed crop but the animals themselves, no?
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    I hate it too. I've known people who say they are vegetarians but I've then found out they still eat fish. Stupid.
    Maybe they got tired of having to explain what a pescatarian is and are just rolling with a term everyone knows.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Maybe they got tired of having to explain what a pescatarian is and are just rolling with a term everyone knows.
    exactly. very few people know what that means.

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Maybe some people yes, but some also still believe that eating fish and no other meat genuinely makes them a vegetarian.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    They have pills for this.
    They don't work for me.

And I have a great, great aunt that's been a vegetarian (or whatever the other word is) for over 50 years but still eats fish. Same with her son. I don't know what makes the difference to them, but there seems to be one.

Quote Originally Posted by Brah View Post
    They don't work for me.

And I have a great, great aunt that's been a vegetarian (or whatever the other word is) for over 50 years but still eats fish. Same with her son. I don't know what makes the difference to them, but there seems to be one.
    I know that there is a "Blood Type" diet out there that says people with Type O blood should avoid dairy.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

They don't work for me.

I think it's a "Judeo-Christian" thing. In that, to Christians and Jews, fish doesn't count as meat. For example, in the Catholic church, you can have fish on "meatless Fridays".

Similarly, I've heard, but am not exactly sure that the reason that orthodox Jewish people can have a cream-cheese and salmon bagel (despite the ban on mixing meat and dairy) was because the fish isn't considered meat.

With regard to cattle, I think there is some multiplier that indicates that cattle require a lot of water, feed, and use 26% of the arable land that would otherwise go to human habitation or crops.

The other problem with cattle, supposedly, is that they fart and burp constantly. Passing gas and crapping all over the place, puts a huge amount of methane into the atmosphere. And methane is 23 times more powerful than CO2 as a heat-trapping gas.

The report with the above numbers is here.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    I know that there is a "Blood Type" diet out there that says people with Type O blood should avoid dairy.
    I just looked it up (I'm AB), and funny enough, it says I should focus on dairy.

And Mohandas, I didn't know that before. That's probably why.

It's probably actually due to some powerful fisherman's lobby group.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Bees are such hard workers. Seems mean to reject all that hard work.
    You are always so thoughtful.

Macrobiotic?

Flexitarian?

Macrobiotic Diet

Paleo? That's the Paleolithic/Caveman way of eating.

The Paleolithic/Paleo/Caveman/Primal Diet Defined

Moderation is a good thing with just about everything. I've seen refined sugar do a lot of bad things to people. Some have said it's like crack on a plate. The problem is enjoying all the meat and cheese and sugar when you're young (under 40) and then it's too late in the game and then have your arteries flushed out with stents or have a heart bypass when you're 65. Sorry to be a downer. Just drink lots of red wine and exercise every day and stay away from chemicals and preservatives as much as possible.

I just looked it up (I'm AB), and funny enough, it says I should focus on dairy.
    I'm Type O, and I am supposed to avoid all dairy and wheat.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Hit By Ban Bus!

Thanks buddy for sharing this kind of data with all of us at the forum and have the best one knowledge in your lobby.... Thanks for sharing that one's....

And ABs must stay away from all things chicken. That would be tragic. I did it a few years ago and had some success with it, but I got lazy and cocky and went off of it. It's similar to Atkins, for O Types at least, with the emphasis on protein. But it allowed fruits and more veggies.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information