Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where do you shop?

Default Re: Where do you shop?

I dig Old Navy and the Gap for all the general stuff. And for things that are more frilly it's Target, baby!

I can buy almost the same sparkly, girly, cutesy things at Target for half the price i'd pay for almost the same thing anyplace else!! i love that place.

Silver Member

I love H&M, NY and Co., and Express. I work in a mall salon so I find out the best deals and alot of stores give mall empl. discount cards once in a while.

There is no where good to shop where I live, so I shop when I'm on vacation. Foreign thrift stores are a lot of fun, as are vintage stores (non here). I usually buy coloured t-shirts at cheap department stores, though, for about $5 a piece. "Designer reject stores" e.g. TJ Maxx/Marshalls are a lot of fun, too, because they have kookier things that are cheap but well-made and unique. Royal Robbins for outdoor wear, since it is also well made, rugged, and my mum is their fit model, so I get a good discount I love designer but they don't have it where I live & I can't afford it anyway.

Gold Member

I'm such an awkward size so there's only a few places that I can find nice clothes that are reasonably priced. For my dress/professional clothes I can always count on Dress Barn at the outlets. It's great for me because they have the store split by misses and women's size. I also love Old Navy and Target for casual clothes. My biggest aggravation is finding bras and jeans that fit me right. 16 petite pants are too short and 16 average pants are too long unless I pull them up all the way in which case they are up under my boobs! I finally broke down and bought myself new jeans that fit and looked nice on me. They were Land's End from Sears and they are almost "mom jeans". I was mortified but I can't wear the boycut waist anymore and those darn things were 40 bucks a pair. Between that and the $50 Wacoal bras I bought over the summer out of desperation, I don't want to buy new anything for a long time!

^ Give Lane Bryant a try. Their bras are good, specifically the balconette style (my personal favorite). We had a woman come into the store recently looking for that bra b/c they had just seen a friend of theirs and noticed how fantastic she looked. She thought her friend had her breasts lifted, but instead had just bought that bra. It just takes what you have and puts it exactly where it is supposed to be without adding a cup size or anything. Lane Bryant also does a different cut to their jeans than other stores b/c they are designed for a different type of body. It is different than walking into Banana Republic and picking up their size 16, which is just their size 0 shape adjusted to however many inches are needed to cover your body, and it isn't always flattering. Lane Bryant cuts for curves, plus they have 2 versions of the bootcut-natural waist and low rise, which isn't a true hipster low rise either, no butt crack showing in these low rise jeans There are 5 cuts of jeans in their core collection (on sale for $20 right now too), plus their higher end label, plus the seven7 jeans, so you'll probably be able to find something that works.

Silver Member

I live near some of the kick-assingest( yeah i made that word up) Resale shops in the history of resale shops. I bought my husband an ARMANI dress shirt for 50 cents!
    I buy a lot from there. IN fact I just bought a black silk high necked tank from Italy for 10.00

I would give a tit to have an H&M nearby

Lane Bryant should give you a raise NoDay with all the outside marketing you do!!! It's great to see someone stand by the product they sell though. I'm sick of going into stores where the employees don't know their merchandise and act as if you're the devil for asking if they could check for a size.

Thanks, Fonzarelli. I like my job b/c its a store where a lot of times women come in and they don't feel so good about how they look, and I like getting them in clothes that look good on them. I'm willing to work with the same customer for my whole shift if they need it. I've done it before, I was working with a woman getting a whole new wardrobe and spent my entire shift with her. At the end of the day I'd doubled my sales goal in her purchase alone (she bought $1200 in clothes), and felt good about the things she bought. It's always nice when a customer leaves happier when they leave than when they came in.

Plus we sell for larger women so lots of times drag queens come to us too (clothes are built for broader shoulders and they like the large bust area too). Those are the really fun customers b/c they're willing to go into some of the wilder clothes or really trendy looks.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday
    Thanks, Fonzarelli. I like my job b/c its a store where a lot of times women come in and they don't feel so good about how they look, and I like getting them in clothes that look good on them. I'm willing to work with the same customer for my whole shift if they need it. I've done it before, I was working with a woman getting a whole new wardrobe and spent my entire shift with her. At the end of the day I'd doubled my sales goal in her purchase alone (she bought $1200 in clothes), and felt good about the things she bought. It's always nice when a customer leaves happier when they leave than when they came in.

Plus we sell for larger women so lots of times drag queens come to us too (clothes are built for broader shoulders and they like the large bust area too). Those are the really fun customers b/c they're willing to go into some of the wilder clothes or really trendy looks.
    I love that about the drag queens!

Penney's, the Gap, New York and Company, and sometimes Kohls. I wish we had an H and M where I live. I have never been in one but they seem to carry the cutest clothes.

TJmaxx is awesome by me - I just lack patience.
    Saks, Eileen Fisher, VS online, Old Navy, Nordstrom online, J.Jill online

Come to think of it I haven't bought clothes in while.

hmmm.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

I absolutely hate shopping for clothes for myself. This is why I wear concert tees and jeans practically everyday. I do love to shop for my son though. I hit Gap Kids, Children's Place and Kaufmann's for him. He dresses way better than his parents, that's for damn sure.

I mostly shop at Topshop its my fave shop ever!! but i also shop at Miss Selfridge, River Island, Zara, Morgan, Oasis, Warehouse and Karen Millen if im goin somewhere fancy!

I hate clothes shopping since "Woodies" went away. Maybe some of you know what I am talking about. For the rest, it was kind of like a Macy's but way the hell better.

I am not much into anymore but my daughter likes Forever 21, Charlotte Russe, Hot Topic, and Hechts.

I don't know many girls who like both Charlotte Russe and Hot Topic. The last time I walked in a fashion show one of the models cried because she wanted to wear Charlotte Russe clothes and got stuck with Hot Topic stuff. I laughed my ass off at her

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information