Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What a Croc! The ugly fashion phase that's sweeping the world..........

Like I said, when lives are at stake, something as shallow as attractiveness isn't so important. I probably wouldn't wear them out to a nice place, or to the mall, or if I had a job that was not so physical. But work, the beach/pool, the yard, running to the quickstop or grocery, doing anything else practical that did not require footwear that was different...yes.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    Though I have seen people flouting the rules with backless, any that we wear are supposed to have backs or at least straps. I run, walk, turn my feet, crouch, lift, etc. and never worry about mine coming off. If I'm in the OR I'm gonna have foot covers on for protection anyway. Actually, it's when I am wearing those that I have to be careful, as it's easier to slip.
    Ah, then I stand corrected!

I didn't realise they came in different styles. All my friend seem to be wearing the backless style and, in my ignorance, I thought that was the sole (pardon the pun!) option.

alright, i'll be the first to say that crocs are ugly ass shoes, but i wear them to the river if we go rafting or something. That is one of the many things they are good for.

Gold Member

I don't even own Crocs. Mine are knockoffs from Walmart! I like to take the dorkness to a new level when I embrace a "trend".

Seriously though, I wear mine for working around the house. They can be hosed off, bleached and probably boiled if you needed it. I let my son get a pair because he wanted sandals to play in and I thought it would be a great idea for him to have shoes that he could slip on without help to go out in and then there's the hosing, bleaching and potential boiling factor. What I didn't figure for would be the blisters. When I wore mine, the plastic rivets on the strap had rubbed my ankles a bit. Nothing severe. When he wore his little red knock-crocs, his ankles were rubbed raw and sore, complete with cuts, in an afternoon!

I don't know if that's a common thing or not but obviously he didn't get to wear his anymore.
    Snooky Wookums, prepare for the invasion!

Mine are a knock off pair too, i wasnt going to spend a fortune on them. They are good for just wearing around the house or in your garden etc. Mine are in Pink nice and girly

I have to admit, I bought a pair this weekend...a pretty brown pair...they are most comfortable, too, I might add...

I have a pair. Insanely ugly - yes. But so fucking comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by mklady View Post
    I don't even own Crocs. Mine are knockoffs from Walmart! I like to take the dorkness to a new level when I embrace a "trend".

Seriously though, I wear mine for working around the house. They can be hosed off, bleached and probably boiled if you needed it. I let my son get a pair because he wanted sandals to play in and I thought it would be a great idea for him to have shoes that he could slip on without help to go out in and then there's the hosing, bleaching and potential boiling factor. What I didn't figure for would be the blisters. When I wore mine, the plastic rivets on the strap had rubbed my ankles a bit. Nothing severe. When he wore his little red knock-crocs, his ankles were rubbed raw and sore, complete with cuts, in an afternoon!

I don't know if that's a common thing or not but obviously he didn't get to wear his anymore.
    It happened in one of my toes in the first few times a wore it - but never happened again after.

world entertainment news - Monday, September 3 03:40 pm

Preston disgusted by Crocs - Yahoo! News UK

Kelly Preston disgusted by Crocs...

Hollywood beauty Kelly Preston is horrified by the recent trend for colourful Crocs shoes and can't wait to the public to tire of the plastic footwear.

The shoes were tipped as the next big thing in fashion last year, but the footwear has only grown in popularity in 2007.

Celebrities including Al Pacino, Drew Barrymore, Teri Hatcher, Matt Damon, Faith Hill, Rosie O'Donnell and U.S. President George W. Bush have been spotted wearing the American-made shoes, which were originally designed for boaters.

Preston tells the New York Daily News, "I cannot deal with those Crocs sandals.

"They're comfy but no thank you! I'm happy to see that trend on its way out."

Quote Originally Posted by mklady View Post

I liked the 80s Jelly Sandals though.....

Gold Member

I tried on a pair of these at Target yesterday and they weren't comfortable at all. Maybe I have the wrong kind of foot structure for these?

Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post
    My kiddo wears his constantly. Plus he has the extra added ick factor -- little decorations to stick in the holes.
    My son - 9 years - suggested that he wanted a pair. He agrees they are ugly but he wanted to get a camo pair and put those little decorations in them - Longhorn decorations!
    Quote Originally Posted by tictac View Post
    LOL, ah yes, the Jibbets!! My kids wear them, but not I.
    Yeah, that's it -Jibbets!! My nephew has 2 pair of these damned shoes and they are the ugliest things I've seen .. however, he swears they are the most comfortable shoes evah!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoog View Post

I liked the 80s Jelly Sandals though.....
    Me, too, although I think plastic shoes are awful in general unless you are gardening or at the beach or something. Your feet can't breathe in them, they smell, they hurt, they're ugly -- I just don't get their appeal personally.

Zee

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoog View Post

Preston tells the New York Daily News, "I cannot deal with those Crocs sandals.

"They're comfy but no thank you! I'm happy to see that trend on its way out."
    The thetans like the crocs and don't want to leave the CO$ bodies. I'm buying a pair for around the yard.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

Every time I go to the mall I toy with buying a pair. I know quite a few people who rave about the comfort level, and Journey's carries a Mary Jane style that isn't as bulky as the originals. Eventually I'll cave and buy them.

However, I saw a pair that are even worse than the originals last time I was there. They are FAR more hideous in person, if you can believe it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information