Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Which Wedding Dress Style Should You Actually Wear?

I got vintage lace as well
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I got vintage lace, too.
    Cats are really just land based sharks in fur coats. - Kittylady

I got the mermaid dress too, which I tried on (and the similar "fit and flare") and they were the WORST dresses for my figure and my height. Plus mermaid definitely wouldn't have fit in with the style of the wedding. I mean, I'm fat as hell and wore a strapless dress anyway, I tried on more covered styles and just did not like how they looked on me-but I know other plus size brides that were stunning in those exact same styles.

A*O

No matter what your size, surely the trick is to get the dress properly fitted. If you're a plus size don't try to cram yourself into a size 4. As far as I recall, NoDay's dress was a good fit and I loved the delicate colour. I'd never dare go strapless with my horrible bingo wing arms (hangup #4635).
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Thank you, I loved my dress, and I loved how I looked in it (and yes, it was a very pale, just barely pink instead of white). It was higher cut in the bust than a lot of other strapless dresses (there is really only 1 busty looking picture, and it's the one where I'm leaning over our ketubah to sign it), and that dress was pretty much completely taken apart and put back together by the seamstress to fit my body and it had the corset back to make it a more precise fit on top of that because of a ridiculously bad mistake by the salesgirl. They initially ordered my dress in my street size instead of my dress size, so my dress was 2 sizes too small and it was too close to the wedding to order a new dress. I got "lucky" enough to have a completely custom fit dress and a really good problem solving seamstress, not everyone gets that type of situation though.

I got mermaid (the example was eurgh), but I'm all about laced sleeves so I really should have vintage lace.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Got mermaid gown, wouldn't be caught dead in one.
    greysfang and effie2 like this.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

I got the relaxed gown. Eh. I won't be having a wedding if I ever get married anyway.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

None of them (unless I grow six inches and lose a couple of stone).
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

If you grow six inches please let me know how it's done
    Kittylady likes this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Lol, it gave me this, which I wouldn't wear if I were held at gunpoint
    That's the one I got too, and I had the same reaction. I loathe mermaid dresses.

I got the short dress. Can't post the picture because I'm on my phone but this is it: http://cdn.playbuzz.com/cdn/cfeb1e71...f0b285cc33.jpg
    And the text is something about how the idea of a long dramatic dress doesn't appeal to me and that I'd rather be comfortable.

I don't like the short dress they posted and I don't think I'd ever get married in a wedding dress but it's true that if I had to I probably would pick a short one.
    gas_chick likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

You couldn't pay me to wear this.

High-Fashion Gown

No matter what the latest trend is, if it has just hit the runway, you want to rock it. Your friends are always looking to you for the next big thing in fashion and the same holds true on your wedding day. Whether it's a sheer fabric or a one-shoulder style, you know you'll look fabulous walking down the aisle.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by BelledeJour View Post
    Ball Gown
    You've been dreaming of your wedding dress since you first saw Cinderella marry her Prince Charming. The vision of you in a gorgeous ballgown hasn't changed since you were 5, and now the time has come to finally wear your dream dress! It's bound to be just as magical as you'd always hoped.

Not sure about this...
    I got this one too. Funny enough, I tried on a Reem Acra that looked identical to this. Everyone loved it but it was way too...too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information