Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Ultimo launch Dreamwire bra the comfiest "underwired" bra

I put mine on a delicate wash(with my Euro front loading washer)& use woolite delicate-type wash liquid. Dry flat away from heat & I've been known to cool iron them too.
    Free Charmed.

ugh, day one of bra searching was a fail. Went to Macy's, JC Penneys, Torrid (a Plus shop with a bra sale) and Sears so far. Its a bitch to do this alone, so i'm taking
    my daughter with me next week, and we'll hit up Nordstroms and the higher end stores at Fashion Valley Mall. I hate searching alone.

the lady at the Macy's closest to my house said "oh honey, I don't think you know your size" when i told her i was a 42DD. she gave me a 44 DDD. i tried it on because i
    thought she might know better, and she was WAY off. I tossed the bra at her when i was leaving and said 'Thanks for nothing sugar'. LOL
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

i find the sales ladies at macy's are totally useless. that's why i recommended nordstrom or lord & taylor. even if you don't necessarily buy a bra from there, at least have them measure you properly and they can be helpful with regard to what type of bra you should try, what shapes flatter you, etc.
    if you try a bra that fits nicely but is too pricey, write down the brand and model and then look for it online, it might be cheaper on amazon or ebay, or it might go on sale at the department store and you can buy it later.

hang in there. there are few things as tedious and obnoxious as bra shopping. but it's worth it if you end up finding the perfect bra.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I actually got measured once at Vic's Secret and they were WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY off my actual size. I'm a 36DD, mostly due to heredity (thanks granny and ma!); I was a perky 34B most of my adult life. I have to try everything on now; I shop for a lot of my undies at TJ Maxx and Marshalls.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Victoria's Secret bras have never fit me right, and I am a 34B. I find that their cups are too narrow. My favorite bras are from The Gap and Target. You might want to try Target. I think they do go up to larger sizes. My sister is a DDD and has found bras there. They have a wide variety, great prices and frequent sales, and everything I've gotten from Target has been comfortable and looked good under my clothes (I don't like it when the outline or details of the bra are visible through your shirt).
    Brookie likes this.

Update: I just checked the Target website, and they do carry your size in a variety of styles, Msdeb!

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i find the sales ladies at macy's are totally useless. that's why i recommended nordstrom or lord & taylor. even if you don't necessarily buy a bra from there, at least have them measure you properly and they can be helpful with regard to what type of bra you should try, what shapes flatter you, etc.
    if you try a bra that fits nicely but is too pricey, write down the brand and model and then look for it online, it might be cheaper on amazon or ebay, or it might go on sale at the department store and you can buy it later.

hang in there. there are few things as tedious and obnoxious as bra shopping. but it's worth it if you end up finding the perfect bra.
    I agree. The sales women at Macy's are not the best at measuring. The ladies at Nordstrom do a great job. I prefer the selection at Macy's, since my Nordstrom has gone very "boutique-ish". Very limited sizes and styles for me. I went to Macy's today and found a few great bras on markdown. Also, if you go to Fashion Valley, I think there is a Nordstrom Rack close by. Get measured at the regular store and check out the bras at the Rack (pun intended ). They had several Wacoals today for less than $25.

Please get (actually) measured instead of having a stupid assistance think she knows best. You may be surprised that you might need to go up or down a band size and that (obviously) effects your cup size. You may find that your old bras have s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d a little which throws the whoel game off!
    Remember where your boobies used to be when you were a teen/20s? Thats where they're supposed to be now too. I know that I throw my mum's bras out & change the shoulder straps when she's looking "droopy".

Keep your chin up & keep trying, it'll be worth it in the end! One looks so much slimmer when one's boobs are in the right area & properly supported!

Fashion Valley Mall!!!! Its years since I was there.
    Free Charmed.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a lifting bra that doesn't add a cup size. I want to be sitting up but not ridiculous.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

You need a balconnette shape? I used to really like lepel bras for that
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    Update: I just checked the Target website, and they do carry your size in a variety of styles, Msdeb!
    Thanks! i'm headed there Friday.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    You need a balconnette shape? I used to really like lepel bras for that
    I'm gonna have to Google that one Nov! I'm not sure I just know I want them up but not ridiculous!
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    Does anyone have any recommendations for a lifting bra that doesn't add a cup size. I want to be sitting up but not ridiculous.
    I swear by demi-cup bras. I think they're almost the same as balconette but balconettes are a bit more revealing. And it's easier to find unpadded demi cups than other bra types.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Unless I've got the name wrong I find that Demi-cups don't give me enough coverage & I "pop" out. Gaschick - Balconnettes are like a balcony or shelf. I guess it depends on your cup size?
    Free Charmed.

I always thought it was the opposite - both are basically the same idea but demi cups have a bit more coverage than balconettes which essentially stop at the nipple?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information