Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Ultimo launch Dreamwire bra the comfiest "underwired" bra

i'm necro'ing this because i don't want to start another bra thread. Besides this is the only one i can find with our snazzy search function *eyeroll*

i've got a rant. i hate shopping for myself (clothes etc) but i've decided to finally get myself a new bra or two. I'm usually good to go with the cheap ass shit from Walmart.
    But, after seeing a pic of myself from our recent trip to Disneyland, i decided i needed more support and to rein in the sides of my boobs.

i've always poo poo'd the idea of underwire, but after todays experience, i don't know what i'm looking for. i found a couple without underwire made by Vanity Fair, but
    my daughter said try underwire. I wear a 42 DD (working close to a 40). They aren't perky anymore but i'm wondering what good are underwires? are they annoying
    I have visions of them irritating where the wire is. I don't want to order online because the odds of me not liking it when it gets to me
    are pretty good. Also, I had a partial mastectomy of my right breast, and there's enough boob there to get
    away with no extra padding.

any help? VS doesn't go up to 42 in their stores.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Go to nordstrom or macy's? Wacoal?
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

In my experience, VS bras don't last very well either. They're nice looking, but I've never once looked like a VS model in one of their bras. I'm too booby for most of them and am no longer interested in all the cleavage on every. damn. occasion (just when the occasion warrants, dontchaknow). Try a lot of stuff on and get one that's comfortable; they ARE out there.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

we went to Macy's and all they had was underwire. As we kept checking out the stores in the mall, i started to warm up to underwires.
    i think Thursday i'm gonna go by myself. I could tell my daughter was getting irritated because i was so dead set against underwire.

JKM we don't have the other store you mentioned.

Brookie, my daughter gets her bras at VS and she says they don't last or fit well after a washing. (yet she continues to buy there lol)
    Brookie likes this.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

MsDeb I swear by underwires, if you get a bra that fits well then you shouldn't have a problem with comfort. My mum was the exact same as you but she was finding that her non-wired bras weren't giving her enough support because she has pretty big boobs (I think she's a G or something), so she went to a department store and got measured, then tried on a bunch of wired bras until she found some brands that she liked. We were really fortunate that in the little town we lived in there was an excellent independent lingerie shop, so you'd go in there and get measured, try stuff on and if you wanted anything else the shop owner would order it in and call you when it arrived, is there anything like that nearby?

I'm about the same size as you, do you guys have Freya over there? They do pretty bigger cup sized bras and they last for ages. The other brand I like I think is called Fantasie, they're really similar to Freya. The other thing I found was that comfier bras had more all-round support, so they'd maybe have a slightly wider strap, and a bit of support around the sides too.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    I bought a Dr Rey bra from ebay & it was more like a minimiser than an enhancer (which I quite liked being full busted), but the first time I washed it the wires came out..... Made the darn thing useless!
    do you put them in the machine?
    i hand wash all my bras and never had underwire come out, even in cheap ones, at least not until they were old and ready for the garbage anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    i'm necro'ing this because i don't want to start another bra thread. Besides this is the only one i can find with our snazzy search function *eyeroll*

i've got a rant. i hate shopping for myself (clothes etc) but i've decided to finally get myself a new bra or two. I'm usually good to go with the cheap ass shit from Walmart.
    But, after seeing a pic of myself from our recent trip to Disneyland, i decided i needed more support and to rein in the sides of my boobs.

i've always poo poo'd the idea of underwire, but after todays experience, i don't know what i'm looking for. i found a couple without underwire made by Vanity Fair, but
    my daughter said try underwire. I wear a 42 DD (working close to a 40). They aren't perky anymore but i'm wondering what good are underwires? are they annoying
    I have visions of them irritating where the wire is. I don't want to order online because the odds of me not liking it when it gets to me
    are pretty good. Also, I had a partial mastectomy of my right breast, and there's enough boob there to get
    away with no extra padding.

any help? VS doesn't go up to 42 in their stores.
    i don't think you can get nice shaping and side support without underwire if you're above a c cup unfortunately. but not all underwire is uncomfortable. i would recommend going to lord & taylor if you have one close to you, if not, go back to macy's or try nordstrom. i've never tried vanity fair bras but i recommend Triumph, and also felina and le mystère.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I find that the Wacoal bras are the best. You can get them at Nordstrom or Macy's. They're great with the fittings at Nordstrom but I find that Macy's has a better selection. I've got rather big boobs (32 or 34DD) and fitting can be a nightmare. Honestly, I've been wearing underwire for so many years that I'm uncomfortable when I don't have it in my bras (nursing bras don't always have underwire). I really like the Lilyette bras. I found those at Macy's and they had great back straps that didn't cut into you.

Macy's is it for me. I think I wear Warner, Chantelle and Vanity Fair. I've only worn underwire bras. I also wear full coverage or what they call a tee shirt bra. No lace, nothing bumpy. I don't like visible nipples on me. You have try a few styles and when you find one, buy a few of them. All I have to do is look at them and I immediately know if it's going to work and be a good shape for me.

Bad shape for me

Good shape for me

thanks for all of your suggestions. I'll go back to Macy's (Nordstroms is out of my price range). It should be easy to find what i want now that i've decided to suck it up and try
    underwires.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Macy's has Vanity Fair and Lilyette. Try the Lilyette. I think you'll love it. The back band is smooth and flat, very nice. Plus, it doesn't cut into you.

I'm a DD and could never find cute bras in my size until I tried Frederick's of Hollywood. I know they're associated with trashy, but their bras are comfortable, cute, and have thus far held up well (and held things up well ifyaknowwhatimsayin). Plus when they're on sale, they're really cheap - like Target prices cheap.

Update: until i have time to devote to buying a good underwire (thats Thurs) i bought an underwire from Walmart to test drive.
    i felt strange because my boobs were up where they are supposed to be, and i was sure everyone was staring at me. LOL

The underwire only bothered me when i sat down, but i'm sure getting a 'good' underwire will or should fix that.
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

MsDeb!!! I lost a little weight, went down a band size but up a cup size or two (from 36D to 34E) so I would REALLY recommend getting measured properly if nec in a big dept store. Try them all on and then just say that you want to think about it.
    but! I did want to say that I got 3x34E bras from Asda - the UK equivalent to Walmart. I got cheap white/black/nude but solid underwire bras. Now, my girls are still perky (thank dog for something eh?) but I prefer the underwire for the shape.
    Of course sitting in them will be different for now, until you get uses to them. But you don't have to spend a fortune in the to get a decent bra. Oh! And I went for the fuller coverage t shirt bra like Chalet. I'm not a fan of lace etc.

my bras need to stand up to a machine wash, over the years I've not had a problem other than Dr poxy Rae. I also machine wash wool cashmere & silk.
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    my bras need to stand up to a machine wash, over the years I've not had a problem other than Dr poxy Rae. I also machine wash wool cashmere & silk.
    i do this too. i put on the gentle cycle, and put the stuff in a mesh bag, pop it in the wash. air dry.

cashmere should always be washed, never dry cleaned unless there is a stain. the chemicals are very bad for the fibers.
    Novice likes this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    i do this too. i put on the gentle cycle, and put the stuff in a mesh bag, pop it in the wash. air dry.

cashmere should always be washed, never dry cleaned unless there is a stain. the chemicals are very bad for the fibers.
    I didn't know that about cashmere. I have a sweater that's waiting to go to the cleaners. I'm taking it out and washing it tomorrow. Thanks!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information