Login to remove the ads!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 60

Thread: Twi-Hards can marry in Alfredo Angelo version of Carolina Herrera's Bella gown

  1. #31
    Elite Member Novice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Beyond Caring, then hang a left.
    Posts
    39,613

    Default

    Well, you set that up nicely. Kat isn't the only one that needs to read what was posted.



  2. #32
    Elite Member sputnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    fellow traveller
    Posts
    46,300

    Default

    ^^^
    i wasn't referring to your post at all. i kust told caramel to watch it because some people take everything she writes literally and get all offended despite the fact that she's almost always taking the piss.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

  3. #33
    Gold Member whitetigeress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    West coast of Canada, eh
    Posts
    1,396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^
    i think caramel made it clear she wasn't talking about real rape. she clearly stated she was talking about fantasies. so maybe before you grind your teeth down you should take the time to actually read.

    Please allow me to bold that word?

    Someone should have never used the word rape. If anyone READ the book, it wasn't rape. (If I remember correctly) It was a couple on their honeymoon having sex. Because our lovely white shiny anorexic looking Edward is a vampire, he is ... shall we say... rough when the good gets going really good?
    Hey, she wanted it. She allowed it. She waited a long time for it. She got hurt. Furniture was wrecked. She got pregnant.
    Read or watch the movie if you want to know more.
    But! I will agree with this... some parts are way bit much for early teen or younger kids.
    And
    Kirsten still sucks as an actress.

  4. #34
    Elite Member caramel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    In Finland
    Posts
    3,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    Thank you for your in-depth analysis of my sexuality, maybe you need to get the next cereal box for part II?

    Read what I actually wrote in the thread for a change.
    I wasnt actually even referring to you in any way.

    And yeah I was taking the piss but you gotta admit that so many of these sex fantasy books have really rough sex scenes in them.
    we don't have to make love to have an orgasm

  5. #35
    Elite Member rollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    29,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    I wasnt actually even referring to you in any way.

    And yeah I was taking the piss but you gotta admit that so many of these sex fantasy books have really rough sex scenes in them.
    And you would know and you keep telling us/broken record.

  6. #36
    Super Moderator twitchy2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Milliways
    Posts
    49,372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whitetigeress View Post
    Someone should have never used the word rape. If anyone READ the book, it wasn't rape.
    Well, someone did use that word and she DID read the books though it wasn't a pleasant experience. Whoever that someone was. I have no idea.

    Anyway. Yes, she wanted sex. Right. I missed the part where she consented to be battered into unconsciousness. Maybe my book had a page missing. Though considering how she seems to think that his controlling abuser type behaviour is 'romantic', it shouldn't be surprising. I'm going to continue to call it rape because nothing about the character demonstrates that she has the mental capacity to give informed consent.
    "Creepy, like when Tom Cruise laughs." - Bloodhound Gang

    "I don't know anyone who likes Justin Bieber." - Seth Rogen

  7. #37
    Elite Member sputnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    fellow traveller
    Posts
    46,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whitetigeress View Post
    Please allow me to bold that word?

    Someone should have never used the word rape. If anyone READ the book, it wasn't rape. (If I remember correctly) It was a couple on their honeymoon having sex. Because our lovely white shiny anorexic looking Edward is a vampire, he is ... shall we say... rough when the good gets going really good?
    Hey, she wanted it. She allowed it. She waited a long time for it. She got hurt. Furniture was wrecked. She got pregnant.
    Read or watch the movie if you want to know more.
    But! I will agree with this... some parts are way bit much for early teen or younger kids.
    And
    Kirsten still sucks as an actress.
    so sorry, i'll be sure to ask permission next time before using a word.

    please, the whole series is the author's mormon-guilt-infused masturbation fantasy involving sparkly vampires, and the wedding night sex definitely falls into the 'rape fantasy' realm. this isn't the first time the word 'rape' has been used to describe that passage in the books and it won't be the last. and it's not up to you to decide who gets to use a word and when. it's not our fault you take things literally and don't understand context.

    Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    And you would know and you keep telling us/broken record.
    why not use the ignore function so you don't have to keep getting offended and/or angry every time caramel makes a dirty joke?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

  8. #38
    Elite Member Beeyotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Crazytown
    Posts
    23,518

    Default

    I think the problem with what caramel said was the generalization that "most women have rape fantasies." That's not true for everyone just because it might be true for her and as someone else pointed out, it's what fuels the idiot excuse that women, on some level, want to be raped, that they don't really mean it when they say no, so somehow rape is okay because it's not really "rape"-rape.

    I don't have a problem with caramel, I find her posts entertaining and I got the gist of her intended meaning but there was a better way to put what she wanted to say.

  9. #39
    Elite Member sputnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    fellow traveller
    Posts
    46,300

    Default

    i have a problem with saying that women shouldn't talk about rape fantasies because it fuels the excuse that some women want to be raped. it's exactly the same as saying that women who dress sexy are asking for it.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

  10. #40
    Elite Member Beeyotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Crazytown
    Posts
    23,518

    Default

    Talking about her own rape fantasies is one thing, but that's not the same as saying any one with a vag wants to be raped. That's a broad generalization even if it was a joke and it's not going to be appreciated by a lot of people.

  11. #41
    Gold Member whitetigeress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    West coast of Canada, eh
    Posts
    1,396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Talking about her own rape fantasies is one thing, but that's not the same as saying any one with a vag wants to be raped. That's a broad generalization even if it was a joke and it's not going to be appreciated by a lot of people.

    This


    Someone calls a scene in the book rape.. then it becomes a generalized topic. Rape itself is a sensitive subject.
    Can't we all at least agree on that???

    I would sing Kumbaya for us all but..... I hate the song.

  12. #42
    Elite Member shedevilang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    louisiana
    Posts
    16,603

    Default

    *slaps everyone, ya'll are arguing in a Twilight thread for fuck's sake.
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

  13. #43
    Elite Member Karistiona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Alba
    Posts
    12,635
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    *cough*twihards*cough*
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

  14. #44
    Elite Member caramel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    In Finland
    Posts
    3,221

    Default

    oh my god now im gonna be honest and tell you people i only said that vag rape thing because it is so absurd and these kind of teenager books filled with creepy stalking and rapeyfeeling sex and most likely is gonna give the misconception in these bellaretarded girl types mind that its ok to be such a moaning weak little thing dating a glittery stalker who beats you up during sex as long as he did for love.

    so i dont really think everyone with a vag wants to be raped blah blah just let it go. and there is no way fantasies about rape makes rape in real life ok. people jerk off to all kinds of weird shit but at least i can understand that whats in your head is not always what you want in real life.
    we don't have to make love to have an orgasm

  15. #45
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,245

    Default

    That is the most intelligent thing I've ever heard you say, Caramel. (I mean that as a compliment.)

    There is something weird and wrong-headed about these Twilight books and I am so glad my teenage daughter caught onto it about mid-way through the second book. I don't give a shit if the author is Mormon and believes in being a virgin until marriage, etc. That's not what bugs me. It's the way Bella's character is permeated with the adolescent self-obsessed belief that I'm so special but nobody recognizes it until the equally special boy comes along and sees how wonderful I am, blah blah blah, and the whole mythos of the aloof, withdrawn, elusive, unavailable man who happens to be a sparkly vampire. The whole thing is vomitrocious.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: September 18th, 2011, 09:29 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: October 22nd, 2009, 10:22 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: August 27th, 2007, 09:37 PM
  4. My dog -- Bella
    By Honey in forum Pets and Animals
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: February 22nd, 2007, 01:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •