Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Twi-Hards can marry in Alfredo Angelo version of Carolina Herrera's Bella gown

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    In the book, Edward essentially rapes Bella into unconsciousness. The wedding night sex is so violent that the bed is splintered, everything in the room is destroyed. She comes to in pain, covered in bruises, alone. The lovely message seems to be that it's alright if he hurts her as he only did it because he loves her.

Then there's the ensuing pregnancy which involves vomiting fountains of blood, her spine snapping, Edward tearing open her uterus with his teeth and some shirtless dude falling in love with the baby.

I can only assume that this will be glossed over in the movie.

Aren't you sorry you asked?
    What kind of twisted crap is that?

“Harry Potter is about confronting fears, finding inner strength and doing what is right in the face of adversity. Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend.”
    ― Stephen King

(not sure if Stephen King even said that, but it's the truth.)
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

He said something along those lines.

""The real difference is that Jo Rowling is a terrific writer and Stephenie Meyer can't write worth a darn,""http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1604226/stephen-king-blasts-stephenie-meyer.jhtml

I found that quote here:
    "I am currently reading Twilight because I don’t value my free time or respect my brain. So far it’s pretty terrible.
    Harry Potter is all about confronting fears, finding inner strength and doing what is right in the face of adversity …. Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend.
    i’m sure it is important but this book was clearly written by a sad fat goth girl shoveling nutter butters into her throat while writing a story …
    … so, like, i move to a new school *chomp chomp* and all the boys there think i am really interesting but really i am awkward but they like that! *chomp chomp* and there is this really cute boy but he is a vampire but he doesn’t eat people and he is nice and also he can go outside during the day time except his skin sparkles instead of burns and then also there is this vaguely ethic boy who likes me too *chomp chomp* and he is a werewolf but he is also not scary. also in this book i only weigh 110 lbs. *chomp chomp cry cry*
    The majority of this rant is lifted from a Robin Browne rant on the subject .. FYI"
    Just Having Fun, I am currently reading Twilight because I don

I hate those books so much.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

In the book, Edward essentially rapes Bella into unconsciousness. The wedding night sex is so violent that the bed is splintered, everything in the room is destroyed. She comes to in pain, covered in bruises, alone. The lovely message seems to be that it's alright if he hurts her as he only did it because he loves her.

Then there's the ensuing pregnancy which involves vomiting fountains of blood, her spine snapping, Edward tearing open her uterus with his teeth and some shirtless dude falling in love with the baby.

..... made Breaking Dawn the best book out of the whole series

Quote Originally Posted by whitetigeress View Post
    ..... made Breaking Dawn the best book out of the whole series
    We need a sarcasm smilie, because I'm not sure if you are joking or not.

BTW am I the only one that thinks it's completely inappropriate to have a rape fantasy in early teen literature?
    Free Charmed.

oh everyone with a vag likes a little raping
    we don't have to make love to have an orgasm

hahaha caramel, you should add a smiley to your post cause that's the kind of thing that can get you in trouble with certain posters here
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Does adding a smiley make it less or more offensive?

Teen rape scene with added smiley?.... more.
    Free Charmed.

I don't feel so good now. But thanks. Always appreciate when someone takes the time to explain. Uterus tearing teeth. K.

Pattinson doesn't even look like he'd know how to act that.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    as much as i hate twihards, i wish they would. i'm tired of seeing chubby brides in strapless gowns. are people really that delusional?
    Thank you! The strapless gowns with the fat-back hanging out are SO ugly and boring!!

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    hahaha caramel, you should add a smiley to your post cause that's the kind of thing that can get you in trouble with certain posters here

Oh so admitting that most women have rape fantasies and that has nothing to do to get really raped would be offensive. Ive got all kinds of fantasies but i aint gonna go gangbanging huge amount of large penises in real life, it just that when u stop being a prude and give into the animalistic perverted shit that stirrs inside you it just makes you more free and happy. Like ive got fantasies of anal adventures but in real life theres no way anyone has access to that hole.
    we don't have to make love to have an orgasm

aaaand speaking of perverted shit...

watching Twilight can cause seizures. Yet another reason not to see the movies
    ‘Twilight: Breaking Dawn’ scene apparently caused two seizures - Celebritology 2.0 - The Washington Post

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    Oh so admitting that most women have rape fantasies and that has nothing to do to get really raped would be offensive. Ive got all kinds of fantasies but i aint gonna go gangbanging huge amount of large penises in real life, it just that when u stop being a prude and give into the animalistic perverted shit that stirrs inside you it just makes you more free and happy. Like ive got fantasies of anal adventures but in real life theres no way anyone has access to that hole.
    Thank you for your in-depth analysis of my sexuality, maybe you need to get the next cereal box for part II?

Read what I actually wrote in the thread for a change.
    Last edited by Novice; November 26th, 2011 at 05:38 PM.
    Free Charmed.

Oh Fuck, Twitchy! I've been deriding this Twilight bullshit because, as a Buffy fan, I couldn't even finish the first book because Bella was so god damned pathetic and insufferable. I didn't give a shit about finding out how that tripe ended, and now I'm sick to my damn stomach after reading your summary. What the hell kinda mums are joining their daughters in this TwiHard panty creaming shit?!

And Caramel, shit like that is why many rapists claim "it's natural" and "just relax and you'll enjoy it". Claiming we're being prudes after your dismissive sentence that EVERY woman likes [it] is incredibly intolerant. Show a little god damn sensitivity for the women (and men) here who might read your post who WEREN'T ASKING FOR IT AND DIDN'T LIKE IT.

I'm so irritated I'm now grinding my teeth down to the gum line.

Uterus tearing teeth. K.

Pattinson doesn't even look like he'd know how to act that.
    Thanks Chalet, I needed that. *slight chuckle*
    Tiene razon, y gracias por su opinion. Now go fuck yourself.

^^^
    i think caramel made it clear she wasn't talking about real rape. she clearly stated she was talking about fantasies. so maybe before you grind your teeth down you should take the time to actually read.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information