Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trend Alert: Shaved, punky hair hits L.A.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    This is new only to people under 25.
    Thank you. I always think of Cyndi Lauper.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Exactly.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

A*O

Yes. Been there, done it. It works if you have great bone structure and a good hairdresser/colorist. I had neither at the time and won't be making the same mistake this time around.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I like it and it's nothing new. But, it wouldn't suit me so I'll pass. That and I'm attached to my hippie hair.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post
    I like it and it's nothing new. But, it wouldn't suit me so I'll pass. That and I'm attached to my hippie hair.
    I just cut my hair off (really short - over the ear). I gave into everyone who told me that people of my age (45) shouldn't have long hair. Everyone likes my hair, thinks it looks better. I feel ugly and want to eat a bag of chips. Long story short - I too will be embracing my hippie hair once again (after it grows out of course).
    Silence may be golden but, duct tape is cheaper.

I'm not one for embracing those age-related rules-- such as no long hair after 40, and no skirts above the knee over 35 etc. As long as you look decent and feel good that's all that matters. Sorry about the haircut regret BF. I think you should eat the bag of chips and grow your hair back.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

And the LA Times obviously missed it when Selma Blair did it 2 yrs ago.... My feelings are that LA are really behind the times as this is mainstream now not a sub-culture thing...
    Quote Originally Posted by Baby Face View Post
    I just cut my hair off (really short - over the ear). I gave into everyone who told me that people of my age (45) shouldn't have long hair. Everyone likes my hair, thinks it looks better. I feel ugly and want to eat a bag of chips. Long story short - I too will be embracing my hippie hair once again (after it grows out of course).
    fuck 'em! Have you hair how it suits& flatters you! I'm another over 40 person with long hair - it's down past my bra strap..... But it's maintained & a number of people say it's one of my best features (must be a relief to be able to compliment the fat girl on something, eh?).
    Free Charmed.

Never. Even with good bone structure, it would be a bitch to grow out.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    fuck 'em! Have you hair how it suits& flatters you! I'm another over 40 person with long hair - it's down past my bra strap..... But it's maintained & a number of people say it's one of my best features (must be a relief to be able to compliment the fat girl on something, eh?).
    My hair and my eyes are what I have going for me. My hair is beautiful (if not a bit sparkly). It is growing out. It will take me a year but I feel a bit better about it. I am working towards something instead of wallowing in its yuckiness The only sucky thing is that I have my "reunion" next weekend (not high school but, for the bar/bands I hung out in/with in the 80's). I will have to see my son's bio father for the first time in 11 years 75 lbs heavier and with gross hair. Oh well, I am a nice person. AARGH!!!

I did the same thing and I hate my hair! I will be so glad when it grows back out
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

My hair and my eyes are what I have going for me. My hair is beautiful (if not a bit sparkly). It is growing out. It will take me a year but I feel a bit better about it. I am working towards something instead of wallowing in its yuckiness The only sucky thing is that I have my "reunion" next weekend (not high school but, for the bar/bands I hung out in/with in the 80's). I will have to see my son's bio father for the first time in 11 years 75 lbs heavier and with gross hair. Oh well, I am a nice person. AARGH!!!
    I hope he's bald with a gut! You're fab! Fuck 'em!!!

And Ang... That's why I'm older than you & still have long hair... Bawahahaha
    Free Charmed.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Shiiiit! I'm sorry that its not turned out well for you but you were pretty brave to go for the chop like that. I've been considering cutting my hair off for a while now for the same reason (I'm 36, its past my waist and I keep getting comments about cutting it being a sign of my finally 'growing up'). Guy friends are horrified at the suggestion, female friends are all for it and seem to think that the shorter I go the better. I tried pinning it up so it looked shoulder length but when I looked at in the mirror it just didn't look like me.

As for this 'new' trend I'm going to take the piss out of some of my mates now. They've had their hair like this (and all variations of it) for years and years. Now I can rag on them for being trendies.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

You know - I just came to the realization that there is a certain kind of freedom in not really giving a fuck. I will grow my hair out long enough to put it up in a pony tail. I will no longer listen to my sisters and I will happily rock my pretty hair. One good thing is that I have been successful in getting my face to clear up. I have been doing glycolic acid peels once a week and my skin looks fabulous. It has never looked this good. Not even as a teenager.

A lady, yes lady, maybe 35 was in the chair next to me a few weeks ago at the salon. Not only did she get this cut, she had the shave part dyed purple and her hair dyed black and red.

When she was done, she asked me what I thought. I can only imagine my face as I smiled and said that the stylist did a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Not even at gunpoint.
    Please pass me that monogrammed linen handkerchief - I'm doing that laughing and crying thing again.

You know - I just came to the realization that there is a certain kind of freedom in not really giving a fuck. I will grow my hair out long enough to put it up in a pony tail. I will no longer listen to my sisters and I will happily rock my pretty hair. One good thing is that I have been successful in getting my face to clear up. I have been doing glycolic acid peels once a week and my skin looks fabulous. It has never looked this good. Not even as a teenager.
    Listen - the best part of aging is not giving a fuck but I think to do that well we need to tweak this or that whatever it may be. Tell your sister to look at Jaclyn Smith's hair. Looks pretty, glamorous and age appropriate to me.

Remember that Bow Wow Wow girl's hair? Now I can't get I Want Candy out of my head.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information