Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tall women; do you wear high heels?

I'm 5'7" and LOVE to wear heels.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    6'3"
    I hate you, Grimy Locks
    I don't want to perish like a fading horse - best lyric ever

Quote Originally Posted by Rondette View Post
    A 5'11"er here and yes I wear heels almost every day, at least 2". Like Twitchy, I've had a long time to deal with it, and in fact like the fact I'm taller than most girls.

I quite often get asked to pass things down to short-arses in the supermarket which tickles me!

The only time it annoys me is when I try on short dresses which'd be fine on an average girl but look like a tunic top on me!

Oh, and I thought 5'7" was kinda the average height???
    Not where Im from.

I'm average (about 170 cm), so I vary between heels (and platforms) and flats.

I don't think tall women should stop themselves from wearing heels. Maybe not humongous platforms, but a heel does more than add height-it always makes your legs look better, for one thing.

Among my tall friends, there's ones who refuse to wear even a little heel, and ones who don't give a crap. My best friend is 5'9, and she belongs in the latter category. She loves her heels even though they make her tower above her boyfriend, and he's secure enough not to mind at all.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Aella View Post
    My best friend is 5'9, and she belongs in the latter category. She loves her heels even though they make her tower above her boyfriend, and he's secure enough not to mind at all.

I think my (one inch shorter than me) husband rather likes stepping out with a tall lady.

Rasberry, put them heels on girl. You are a hottie, rock it baby!

I am a little over 5"7" and yes-I love 3 inch heels. I like being taller! My hubby is about 6"2" and he was selected for height!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by Aella View Post
    She loves her heels even though they make her tower above her boyfriend, and he's secure enough not to mind at all.
    That's the best kind of guy! In the past, I dated men taller or shorter than I am but they all had to be secure in who they were.

I always thought that it was the strangest thing that it was some of the tallest men I met who would find female height intimidating. The most extreme example was a guy of 6'7" who tended to date 5'2" on average. We used to snicker at them slow dancing because we were mature like that!

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy View Post
    5'11" and yes I do. If someone feels intimidated, that's their problem. I grew to my adult height at 13 so I've had a long time to deal with it and I got over the self-conscious phase a long time ago. I just enjoy being me and I'll wear what ever shoes catch my fancy. I might as well because I'm taller than average in my bare feet anyway!
    Yeah! Ditto... even if I'm a short-arse at 5 8 1/2!

Quote Originally Posted by Rondette View Post

Wikipedia
    Holy crap!! I thought it was taller than that! I am quite very tall then. Oh well. I'll just keep on intimidating men, lol.
    LOL! Go for it! I've noticed that as you get further north the average height seems to get short, kind of coresponding with less well off areas (e.g. in Sunderland I used to tower over everyone in my 2" heels {making me nearly 5'11"} where as in Cheltenham, the men are around 6 ft).
    Oh and I've been known to wear 4" red wedges to work.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    Rasberry, put them heels on girl. You are a hottie, rock it baby!
    Go Raspberry!

I have to admit that I do wear heels and I enjoy the attention; I have both stilletoe heels and platform boots (inc Red Not Dead boots! Sweetie would love them!). A friend of mine is taller than I am (over 6 ft) and with me in heels and her (usually not... bless!) we could cause quite a reaction in a bar! Great fun! Does a girl's ego good!
    Free Charmed.

I'm 5'7" and I wear heels. I'd wear them if I were 6 feet tall. They make my calves look good

That is SO true!
    When I worn my 4" heels to work the girls were complimenting my on my legs! (oh, I wore a skirt, I frequently wear jeans...)
    Free Charmed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information