Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Strapless Wedding Dresses, We Are on to Your Bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by dolem View Post
    I'm sorry to say, but strapless dresses do not look good on women who are 300 lbs. It really does depend on your proportions, but if you are overweight they don't look good.

I wore strapless at my wedding 7 years ago. I just went back and looked at pictures. I still think I look good in it, though I was really skinny because I had been sick before the wedding for several months. Not sure what I would choose now. I actually loved Kate Middleton's wedding dress with her full sleeves. It was very beautiful and, honestly, much more flattering to the average woman.

Maybe she's 300 lbs and 7 ft tall.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Hmm well when I got married I was a bigger girl (about a size 18) and my gown was strapless. It actually looked really good on me because the bodice was shaped and tailored to fit me perfectly so I didn't have to hitch it up or anythin. I had fairly decent arms for a bigger girl so I wasn't too bothered about it, I was going to look my size no matter what I wore so I just went with the dress I adored. I think it helped that my dress was green and not white.

Sometimes I think you just need to realise that there's no magic dress that will suddenly make a 300 pound woman look "spectacular", but there are better options than one of those pouffy white strapless things that so many people go for. That's with no offense meant to anyone, I'm a larger person myself and I'm just realistic about dressing when you're big.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Strapless gown offender no 1 had cleavage going in the front and in the back the way her fat rolls were pushed together. Strapless gown offender no 2 had side boob and miserable wrinkled vagina pits to show off in that monstrosity. I understand that it's your special day but think of the people who have to see that!
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

I had to go bridal shopping for my girl.Yes,strapless monstrosities all over.
    She is a well build girl,nice body,small boobs,narrow waist.
    Plus the wedding will be on July and it will be hot.
    But no strapless shit for her.I love the dress she custom makes.It is beautiful and most important it is so *her*
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Most of my friends have gotten married in the last 10 years and they all went for strapless because they feel sleeves = matronly. Some of them had no business showing that much arm, chest, and boobs, but they felt that strapless was young and sexy.

I just don't like the way so many of these dresses are stiff cylinders that stay rock solid when the bride moves. If she looks and turns slightly to one side, the dress stays forward. You can see all this boobage moving around in the rigid dress.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

[IMG][/IMG]

Just because I needed a reason to go back and look at my wedding photos. Here's mine. The back had a long champagne colored "bow." It wasn't really a bow but I don't know how else to explain it. I don't care if strapless is overdone. I still love that gown.
    Laurent, Bluebonnet and Karistiona like this.

You're so beautiful and your back made me tear up seeing you on the arms of your parents. Love the pearl hair pins. Love that your Mom is wearing white beads. So lovely. Sniffle.

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    I had to go bridal shopping for my girl.Yes,strapless monstrosities all over.
    She is a well build girl,nice body,small boobs,narrow waist.
    Plus the wedding will be on July and it will be hot.
    But no strapless shit for her.I love the dress she custom makes.It is beautiful and most important it is so *her*
    You have to show us the dress! So happy for her and yay for going the original route!
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

wow bella, you look like a model in your dress. you definitely are one of the women that can pull off the strapless look.

i despaired of finding a sleeved dress........finally, i got a strapless one that fit my mid-section the way i wanted it to, and wore a jacket for my wedding ceremony and a shawl for the reception. there was just not enough dresses with sleeves to choose from. and i didn't have the money for a custom made dress. but i refused to be photographed with fat arms and bulgy back/armpit/boob skin.

Chalet and Dexter, thank you.

Effie, yes! Can't wait to see it if you're able to post.

Ahhh Bella - you pulled it off!!! I also love seeing the proud parents on either side.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Elite Member

My wedding dress was strapless, it was also cursed. I shit you not, I tried it on twice, and within a couple of months, I ended up pregnant. I bought it in May 2003, got pregnant in June 2003. I tried it on post baby in May 2005 (to see if it still fit), and got pregnant July 2005.

It was so pretty too. Sadly I got married at the courthouse, and never had a real wedding, so I never wore it. It's now collecting dust in my mom's closet, waiting to impregnate someone else.
    Last edited by BoogsBun; May 22nd, 2012 at 08:41 AM.
    sputnik, Lobelia and MontanaMama like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]

Just because I needed a reason to go back and look at my wedding photos. Here's mine. The back had a long champagne colored "bow." It wasn't really a bow but I don't know how else to explain it. I don't care if strapless is overdone. I still love that gown.
    Aww Bella you look absolutely beautiful (even if it's just from the back!) and I think you absolutely nailed the strapless gown look. Gorgeous and classy.

Quote Originally Posted by BoogsBun View Post
    My wedding dress was strapless, it was also cursed. I shit you not, I tried it on twice, and within a couple of months, I ended up pregnant. I bought it in May 2003, got pregnant in June 2003. I tried it on post baby in May 2005 (to see if it still fit), and got pregnant July 2005.

It was so pretty too. Sadly I got married at the courthouse, and never had a real wedding, so I never wore it. It's now collecting dust in my mom's closet, waiting to impregnate someone else.
    Haha you should advertise that on Ebay, you'd probably make a bloody fortune! We have a pregnancy chair at work, it's been impregnating people for years now. Needless to say I avoid it like the plague.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

I'm a size 0 and at the first place I went, the consultants kept trying to sway me towards the strapless dresses, telling me I had the perfect figure for it, but I was adamant that I did not want one. I have broader shoulders, so I avoid strapless because it tends to cut me off at the shoulders and accentuate them, giving me a linebacker-esque appearance. I'm not sure why all consultants for the past 10 years or so have tried so hard to convince everyone that a strapless dress is just soooo flattering on them, regardless of their body type. The truth is that they flatter only a very specific body type, which not many people have. I am so happy to see that in the past year or so there are many more options for brides who do want something with sleeves or straps. I remember when I would browse bridal magazines in high school, it seemed like if you didn't want strapless, you were screwed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information