Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Skinny jeans and leggings

You're 20? Other than being born in that decade I can't see how that's really a product of the 80's. But I guess some of the fashion could have carried over from that decade when you were only 5. Or did you grow up in a rural area where trends were 5+ yrs or so behind?

Born at the end of 1970 here, and graduated HS in 1988. That's a definite product of the 80's. I was old enough to drive to the mall and buy my own clothes.

I agree about skinny jeans and leggings looking like crap on everyone. I'm even going to go out on a limb here and say I think Kate Moss looks like shit in them too. If a woman's legs are so thin she has a huge gap between her thighs it looks so trashy to accentuate it.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I hate leggings/skinny jeans, i remember wearing those in KINDERGARTEN (early 90's)!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    You're 20? Other than being born in that decade I can't see how that's really a product of the 80's. But I guess some of the fashion could have carried over from that decade when you were only 5. Or did you grow up in a rural area where trends were 5+ yrs or so behind?

Its called Australia, we are behind on everything lol (i also grew up in small country towns so yes we were even further behind than metro Australia), Too make matters worse i was growing up looking at my mum's old fashion magazinesfrom the 80's, and attempt to recreate the fashions. On another point, I also find it facinating to see how much better (as in younger and fresher looking) some celebrities look now than what they did in the 80's. For some strange reason everyone looked older than what they really were.

I don't know..I have chicken legs..and I don't think I need anything..to emphasize that.
    Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable.

I am such a HUGE FAT LIAR. I wore leggings with a tunic and a cropped jacket today.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDoll2025 View Post
    I hate leggings/skinny jeans, i remember wearing those in KINDERGARTEN (early 90's)!!!!!!
    ... god i feel old now.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

ANC

I don't care how popular they get, I will NEVER wear them. I won't wear anything tapered. Not my style.
    Too many idiots, not enough villages.

You better be damn thin to wear those. I still think leggings pretty much suck, but skinny jeans are cute. If you're skinny. They just don't work on normal sized women.

Quote Originally Posted by olivia720 View Post
    You better be damn thin to wear those. I still think leggings pretty much suck, but skinny jeans are cute. If you're skinny. They just don't work on normal sized women.
    Not true-skinny jears are WORSE than leggings. The NEW way to wear leggings is with a tunic that skims the thighs so that flaws are covered and create a new silhouette. IT is skinny jeans that show all flaws, Annnndreaaahhh!
    Last edited by dakodas; October 8th, 2006 at 09:30 PM.

The skinny jeans I got arent tapered...more straight leg than anything... I was one of those people who was like, no skinny jeans ever! Ew to the tapered leg! But for shits and giggles I tried on a pair and really liked them. I am not a twig either (far from it) but I actually think the skinny jeans make my legs look thinner...here's a pic of me in mine...please ignore my messy room

Quote Originally Posted by haggard View Post
    The skinny jeans I got arent tapered...more straight leg than anything... I was one of those people who was like, no skinny jeans ever! Ew to the tapered leg! But for shits and giggles I tried on a pair and really liked them. I am not a twig either (far from it) but I actually think the skinny jeans make my legs look thinner...here's a pic of me in mine...please ignore my messy room
    You look FINE but those aren't THE SKINNY JEANS..

Well, they were marketed as skinny jeans when I bought them. *shrug*

Well, they were marketed as skinny jeans when I bought them. *shrug*
    Nothing against you hun but I am talking about the skinny jeans in the magazines that would barely fit over someone's ankles. The "new" style-the kind that almost need a zipper to fit!

I'm sorry, is that what you see your jeans as looking like??? I don't know...I mean...tell me...

.. where the fuck are your feet? YOU ARE MISSING FEET!
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    .. where the fuck are your feet? YOU ARE MISSING FEET!
    Don't be an ass, Grimmy. I am denying you cabana boys on our wedding night...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information