Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Skinny jeans and leggings

Elite Member

Default Re: Skinny Jeans and Leggings

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    I saw a feature on TV recently where they talked about shopping malls and how they do little tricks to get you to buy stuff. One of the tricks is that dressing room mirrors always make you look skinnier. It's subtle, so you don't notice, but that way you think you look better in the clothes than you do. That must be what happened to you, fatguy.

But, whoa! 9.99? At Express? What kind of jeans (W31? etc.)

Oh, and are you trying the skinny jeans on with really high heels? That might help.
    I actually just got back from wearing them with heels and it did help.

About the sneaky little tricks: I'd already decided not to trust the mirrors but something else irked me so bad. Vanity sizing. They've definitely gotten in on it. I went from a size 3 in everything else to 00 with them! That's how I was able to get them so cheap--they were one of the only sizes left. I think the numbers discouraged other people from paying them much attention but in fact if they had tried them on and were under a size 5 at all they probably would have fit.

If there's an Express near you they've probably still got some to clear out and now you've got an extra little hint about the crazy sizing. 2 of mine were like W01 or something. The other was a white pair.

Hit By Ban Bus!

what's this about $9.99 jeans at express?? they do have nice skinny jeans for an affordable price - i like Joes and Earnest Sewn skinnies too. depending on the length i wear them with flats and sometimes with heels and put the extra length over the heels.

Coincidentally, Ive worn both today. Leggings with a black sundress and skinny jeans with a white gauze shirt and khaki vest. I love them. Im going to be sad when they fall out of style.

I think the golden rule in fashion is if a trendy style repeats itself whilst your still alive, you're TOO OLD to repeat the trend.

I wore skinny jeans, leggings and big sweaters in the 80's (my teens), probably best not to do it again.
    You youngens ENJOY!

I do have 1 newer pair of "skinny" jeans but they are not skin tight.
    I'm feeling old at 38 lately.

Absolutely true! If you wore it the first go round you are way too old to wear it for the second viewing. The one way to really age yourself is to do like the Southern women in the message above, and wear what you looked best in during your "hot" years. You just look sad doing that when you're older.

UGH

On the way home from downtown, Levi's had a HUGE stupid display for skinny jeans!

I wanted to puke! they look so stupid
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

I just bought a new pair of jeans...not skinny, but as close as I'm gonna get at age 37. Refuge brand (from Charlotte Russe), low rise straight leg. So they're tighter around the ankle than boot cut, but they don't cling like true skinny jeans. They look good. I have a pretty nice lower half, slim hips, thighs, and butt, so I can look good in almost every kind of pant. It's my top half I have problems with!

Now, if they try to bring back the high waist skinny jean, I'm gonna have to go kill me some designers, because that is one look that is just awful!

Quote Originally Posted by Luna View Post
    I think the golden rule in fashion is if a trendy style repeats itself whilst your still alive, you're TOO OLD to repeat the trend.

Oh hot damn I get to skip it! I did it as a child but I loathe the look now.

Bronze Member

Who said it was a good idea to repeat 80's trends? It's a bit scary when you're looking online at clothing stores and see outfits that look straight out of the eighties. o_O I think leggings are kind of hit and miss. Some girls can pull them off, and some just look terrible. As for skinny jeans...hate them, hate them, hate them. Not a flattering look for anyone.

I remember wearing those stirrup pants back in the 80s;does that mean I can skip it, too?

Quote Originally Posted by ediebrooks View Post
    I remember wearing those stirrup pants back in the 80s;does that mean I can skip it, too?
    As a fellow stirrup pant victim, I believe we have earned the right to skip any and all 80's fashion trends at our whim.

I remember I used to be afraid that elastic part in the bottom of the stirrups would break, THEN what would happen?

I am so ashamed that I wore stirrup pants. And I liked them! I had them in various colors, probably with matching hair scrunchies. I would wear them with flats or lace-up boots, and felt oh so saucy! Son of a bitch, those are some ugly pants. They do absolutely nothing to flatter your butt, or anything for that matter. What were we thinking???

Added thought: And in 20 years, are we going to say the same thing about what we're wearing NOW?
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

I still love flats and ankle boots. I remember I had some lace-up boots and my kitten totally chewed up the laces.

im 20 so im a product of the 80's (so ashamed!) my only experience with leggings was when i was 5 years old. my mum let my choose my own clothes so my fashion sense was always interesting hehe. anywho i wore tight purple leggings under a multicoloured, tiered sun dress, with those scrunchie socks that u push down and they look all bubbly, with white velcro sandshoes with pink hearts all over them, bulky wooden bangles and a high side ponytail with a fluro green scrunchie.

In all honestly i dont think anyone over 10 can get away with wearing leggings, skinny jeans look okay but i think they should be policed because im horrified when i see a chubby chick trying to wear them and her thighs are rubbing together. i was going to get a pair but i hate the way they wrap around my ankles it feels too restricting

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information