Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Skinny jeans and leggings

Default Re: Skinny Jeans and Leggings

i think some people think they still look fabulous. it took so much convincing of my mom that she could look so hot. she didn't want to wear bootleg/straight pants because she didn't want to look like she was trying to be too young. she didn't want to dress too young in general. but i showed her that as long as she kept herself more or less covered up she wouldn't look like a cougar. mind you she didn't have crazy roots hair etc she just dressed kinda boring.

Silver Member

Love them...
    They make skinny girls look like we have curves!!
    Glad the skinny jeans made a come back!

I think both leggings and skinny jeans are the UGLIEST things ever!! I remember wearing leggings and stirrup pants when I was 7 years old! UGH....even on the skinny types, they are so hideous, especially with flats. Who decided that looked good? I never follow fashion trends, yet I wear things that look cute and would still be considered fashionable. Trends are trends for a reason, they don't last, and will look ridiculous later.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok
    Stacey always advocates a straight cut leg pant for women. ALWAYS.

As she says "it makes your legs look longer and thinner"

Anybody wearing skinny pants with an oversized sweater needs to stop right now. This isn't 1987. Nor is it Aspen in 1987.
    I don't even own an oversized sweater...they were my uniform during Freshman year in college. I wore them with leggings, a stretch miniskirt (Contempo Casuals ) and boots. Lycra and spandex are a privilege, not a right.

Quote Originally Posted by UndercoverGator
    We get that a lot here too. Particularly down at the Wal Mart.
    Oh my God. Tell me you're not in Gainesville, FL. I just ran away from the insane redneckdom there to San Francisco. That town's lucky it's got UF or else it would be such a hole in the ground.

And I hate to break it to people who think skinny jeans and leggings look good on them if they're thin enough: No, they don't. I've seen these monstrosities on the thinnest women in the world, Kate Moss, Mary-Kate Olsen, Nicole Richie and Victoria Beckham and mark my words:

THEY JUST LOOK LIKE CHEAP HOOKERS STUCK IN THE 1980'S.

End of story.

I can't really wear skinny jeans, I'm too short so they make me look stumpy, and I can't stand leggings I think they look awful on anyone.

If I do wear skinny jeans I wear them with either knee or shin high boots over the top.
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

^^ I'm just the opposite ... I am also short and I think narrow-legged pants make me look taller. I don't really care for wide-legged pants in any form [especially bell bottoms!]. Leggings make me look very slim ... I love those!!

eh, trends come and go. i looked ADORABLE in skinny jeans and leggings 20 years ago, but you wouldnt catch me dead in them now.

my mantra: just because they make it in your size doesn't mean you should wear it.

straight legs and boot cuts wont go "out"; i think it's a matter of dressing for your age and your body type.

Bronze Member

I've been wearing skinny jeans for almost 1-2 years now. I just LOVE them! But sometimes I can always get a bit tired of them, since everybody is wearing them nowadays.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I have a single pair of skinny jeans and they're my favorite. I'm short, but I'm thin, have small hips, my legs are longer than my torso and are nicely shaped (no, they aren't sticks). They look great on me!

Not a fan of leggings, on the other hand.

ive worn skinny jeans for couple of years now,and i love them and im keeping them.and of course,kate is my fashion inspiration.
    "smart people outsmart eachother"
    -system of a down-

Elite Member

Yeah so I definitely just got 3 pairs of skinny jeans from Express because they were 9.99 each and looked good in the dressing room mirror

Then I get home from Kentucky and now when I try them on I'm thinking I look stumpy. Great hell.

Elite Member

I saw a feature on TV recently where they talked about shopping malls and how they do little tricks to get you to buy stuff. One of the tricks is that dressing room mirrors always make you look skinnier. It's subtle, so you don't notice, but that way you think you look better in the clothes than you do. That must be what happened to you, fatguy.

But, whoa! 9.99? At Express? What kind of jeans (W31? etc.)

Oh, and are you trying the skinny jeans on with really high heels? That might help.

Quote Originally Posted by merri View Post
    eh, trends come and go. i looked ADORABLE in skinny jeans and leggings 20 years ago, but you wouldnt catch me dead in them now.

my mantra: just because they make it in your size doesn't mean you should wear it.

straight legs and boot cuts wont go "out"; i think it's a matter of dressing for your age and your body type.
    I feel the same way. I did it once, and I don't feel like doing it again. I still wear cigarette pants in BLACK. They are a classic. Also, I do not believe the tunics that are suggested for wear with the "new" leggings are flattering for a voluptuous woman with a large chest. It looks like you are trying to hide something or just fatter. Back in the day, I wore my leggings with tiny stretchy multicolored minis from Contempo Casuals. Never again.

Quote Originally Posted by dakodas View Post
    I feel the same way. I did it once, and I don't feel like doing it again. I still wear cigarette pants in BLACK. They are a classic. Also, I do not believe the tunics that are suggested for wear with the "new" leggings are flattering for a voluptuous woman with a large chest. It looks like you are trying to hide something or just fatter. Back in the day, I wore my leggings with tiny stretchy multicolored minis from Contempo Casuals. Never again.
    Second that. My take is, it was a cute look - a lot of looks from the past (and the 80s in particular) have been cute. But that doesn't mean they don't look dated. I like my recycled trends to have a modern twist, and this look just looks (to me) about the exact same as when it came around the first time.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information