Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Skinny jeans and leggings

Default Re: Skinny Jeans and Leggings

I have J-Lo-ass syndrome and thick thighs...skinny jeans and leggings are going to make me look like a whale! I'm sticking with my boot cuts for as long as I can...
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Default Re: Skinny Jeans ~ Leggings

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom
    How old are you loulou? I'm 36, and I think both skinny jeans and leggings with a denim mini would look kind of trampy on me!
    im 22. skinny jeans wouldnt looks trampy if you put them with some nice stuff theyd look real good, if you put them with bad stuff then they'd look trampy. just think posh and kate moss are around your age and they look good in theirs so you can too!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded
    I wear that now It looks good with the long stripey sweaters that are in right now.
    No, it really doesn't There's no excuse for that. Seriously. Take a gay mans word.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I see the 70's are out and now we're back into the 80's.

Ewwww, I already did the eighties, I ain't doin' it again!

In my hillbilly state, I regularly see women who wear high-waisted acid-washed jeans, skin-tight down to the ankles. They generally either have a mullet or "mall hair" which, if you're unfamiliar with it, is long permed hair with blow-dried bangs that are sprayed stiff as high as possible. These nice ladies apparently got stuck in the era where they looked good, or thought they did, and never got out. There is no way in hell I'm wearing that stuff again.

Skinny jeans look stupid on anyone but models or people with model type bodies. I'm short and I've always had thicker (but toned) legs even back when I was younger and barely over 100#. Back in the tapered jeans days of 80's I even had a stupid 15 yr old guy tell me my legs were *fat* when I was about a size 2. If I were the person back then that I am now I'd go tell him to go piss up a rope, or humiliate him by being able to run faster or leg press more weight in the gym, but back then I was mortified and thinking I was a big frikin hog for being over 100#! Even today, I look like a little kid going to dance class with those leggings. No thanks. Even the non-curvy women don't all look right in them. Guess i'll just have to be hopelessly out of style if that shit comes back with a vengeance.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Kept thinking about this thread & came back to post a thought. What are Stacy & Clinton going to do on What Not To Wear if this style gets huge? They currently act like tapered pants are the scourge of satan. Will they do a 180, or will they stand by what they preach?

Quote Originally Posted by suede
    The moral of story - wear what you love and wear what flatters your body type.
    You're absolutely right. I look like Steven Tyler in tapered jeans, I avoid them like the plague. I just don't think that they work for anyone - kind of like paisley!

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I think they really only look good if your calves and thighs are closer to the same width, like a dancer's.

Spot on. They onlly look good on tiny types like Kate Moss. I'm a woman through and through. I'm not fat but I've got breasts, hips and a butt. Plus, I'm too bloody old to start wearing stuff I wore when I was a mere wisp of a girl. I might tone down the flares but then I'll go to something more straight cut.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia
    In my hillbilly state, I regularly see women who wear high-waisted acid-washed jeans, skin-tight down to the ankles. They generally either have a mullet or "mall hair" which, if you're unfamiliar with it, is long permed hair with blow-dried bangs that are sprayed stiff as high as possible. These nice ladies apparently got stuck in the era where they looked good, or thought they did, and never got out. There is no way in hell I'm wearing that stuff again.

We get that a lot here too. Particularly down at the Wal Mart.

All this talk about skinny jeans and leggings has me looking in askance at my velvet dressy trousers. They aren't leggings but they are perfectly tailored and straight, like loose leggings and yeah, I wear 'em with a big oversized angora sweater and black riding boots. Is this a fashion no-no? The pants are only a couple of years old and very comfy.

broken in straight leg men's jeans will always be in style
    bum gone bad

Elite Member

Kept thinking about this thread & came back to post a thought. What are Stacy & Clinton going to do on What Not To Wear if this style gets huge? They currently act like tapered pants are the scourge of satan. Will they do a 180, or will they stand by what they preach?
    I do love What Not To Wear!

I think Stacy was spotted in skinny jeans during an Oprah appearance on TV. I think since she is in the fashion business, she follows the trends a bit more and she is skinny enough to get away with most anything. BUT, I don't *think* she would advise some of the makeovers on that show with larger hips and thighs to wear a tapered leg, ever.

I am sorely afraid that one day the deadly combination of tapered legs/pleated waist will return If that happens, I will just have to go on a shooting spree in the fashion district

Stacey always advocates a straight cut leg pant for women. ALWAYS.

As she says "it makes your legs look longer and thinner"

Anybody wearing skinny pants with an oversized sweater needs to stop right now. This isn't 1987. Nor is it Aspen in 1987.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Anybody wearing skinny pants with an oversized sweater needs to stop right now. This isn't 1987. Nor is it Aspen in 1987.
    Point taken. I paired it was a fitted silk turtleneck and a tapestry jacket.

Elite Member

OMG, there's a woman at my church like that. Bleach blond BIG hair with bad roots. Sometimes she pulls back the top part and pins it, which really looks awful because then you really see the black roots.

I just don't understand how people like that can look in a mirror and find satisfaction. I mean, I'm not the most gorgeous woman in the world, but I try to stay in style and I don't have roots!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information