Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Skinny jeans and leggings

Elite Member

Default Re: Skinny Jeans ~ Leggings

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded
    I wear that now It looks good with the long stripey sweaters that are in right now.
    To me, that looks like someone is trying to cover up a big ass and tummy, so even if the person is skinny, I'm going to assume they're wearing that to try and camoflauge. Sorry, I just don't see how that look is flattering on any body type.

My jeans in the 80's used to be so tight I had to jump up and down to get them over my hips and then I had to lay on the bed to zip them up

Sorry ladies. They are making a come back. EVERYTHING comes back. Just look. That is just how the fashion industry does anymore. No one has any new ideas. Fresh out.

Does anyone remember the tappered pants with the zippers on the sides?

I hate the flare leg and the "boot leg". I had to wear them as a kid and since then, just can't stand them. I have rarely bought a new pair of jeans in about 5 years unless I found Levis or RARE DKNY that was straight leg. I know they exist, just is hard to find until recently.

I can't wear jeans that are low on the hips because after having
    children, they just bother the hell outta me. Too high make
    me feel like Grandma.

I hate jeans that are like nothing in the crotch area.
    I feel naked!

The Gap has been selling "reverse cut" jeans for at least a year now on their website, but not in the stores. It's only a matter of time. Mom jeans, here we come.

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...679&pid=396624

The moral of story - wear what you love and wear what flatters your body type.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

I'm afraid these would look awful on me as I am curvy and not the skinny little thing I used to be.

Skinny jeans and leggings are really big here in the UK right now they ave been out for a while i must hold my hands up and admit to owning both!! but the skinny jeans look fab with little pumps a la Kate moss and i love my leggings underneath a little denim mini they look real good, you probably think im a nutter but over here its quite trendy at the min!

I refuse to wear skinny jeans because they are unflattering on my hips. I will hate it if they become a big big trend because I hate seeing women wear things that make them look terrible just because of a trend.

And the legging thing is such a slutty-college girl look. Everywhere i go i see girls wearing black leggings, a micro-mini denim skirt, UGG BOOTS (EW VOMIT EW), and a shapeless and unflattering t-shirt. IT IS LIKE THE DEATH OF FASHION.

Gold Member

I so hope it doesn't catch on! I hated tapered jeans namely because I didn't have them growing up. You know that little look where you folded over your pants leg and then rolled them up? That was started by poor kids who couldn't afford to go to Fashion Bug and get jeans with zippers and doo-dads on the ankles. I did eventually get a few pairs when I went shopping with my great-aunt one year but I was so glad when wider legs came back into style.

Oddly enough, my little sister used to freak if her pants were more than a finger width away from her leg when she pulled the pant leg out. The next year she freaked out that they were too tight and she had to have wide legs. This resulted in many arguments over the differences between boot cuts, flares and bell bottoms.

It's like cordouroys and velour. I was born in 1978 and you better believe they had me wearing that stuff (sometimes together even) and I swore that I would never wear it again. I don't care whose name is on it!

Silver Member

WOW
    Fashion is recycling so quickly. I used to wear that style in the early 90s!!!

Elite Member

Yesterday I got a coupon card from Express in the mail, so I went to their website to check out their latest stuff. Guess what? Skinny jeans! Leggings! I think these fashions can look very cute on girls up to about age 20, but what are women going to wear? A 30-something professional woman or mom can't wear a short denim skirt, leggings, and heels, without looking absolutely ridiculous.

I despise both leggings and skinny jeans and would never wear either!

http://www.shopjlo.com/nshop/product...footwear&page=

these suck . . . unless you're an eleven year old ana, you will look like shit in these! They say, I'm a ho from 1985.

Default Re: Skinny Jeans and Leggings

Quote Originally Posted by mklady
    You know that little look where you folded over your pants leg and then rolled them up?
    Ah, the tight roll. I was guilty of tight rolling my jeans in the 80s.

I'll just be unfashionable in my boot cut jeans if they go out of style, because it'll be a cold day in hell before I ever wear tapered ankle or straight leg jeans again. They make my ass look ginormous.

Default Re: Skinny Jeans and Leggings

If these are back, it better be with irony.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by loulou58
    Skinny jeans and leggings are really big here in the UK right now they ave been out for a while i must hold my hands up and admit to owning both!! but the skinny jeans look fab with little pumps a la Kate moss and i love my leggings underneath a little denim mini they look real good, you probably think im a nutter but over here its quite trendy at the min!
    How old are you loulou? I'm 36, and I think both skinny jeans and leggings with a denim mini would look kind of trampy on me!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information