Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The return of Zubaz pants: cool or not?

What bad acid was going around the fashion corner when THESE were resurected?
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

Quote Originally Posted by TheONe View Post
    Sweet!! Now I can go out and buy some Reebok wrestling sneakers and a thin, thin, thin stringed tank top to complete the ensemble!
    Don't forget the leather high top sneakers, so you can tuck your Hammer pants in your shoes! *shudders* "No more shitty pant fashions" These and stirrup pants need to be burned!!!

my bad I see now that you already are on your way to get the high tops! MORE COFFEE PLS!
    Last edited by Tati; December 17th, 2007 at 10:43 AM.

^^grab me one while you're up?
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

Quote Originally Posted by zattygrrl View Post
    These and stirrup pants need to be burned!!!
    Am I the only one who loved stirrup pants and secretly pray for their triumphant return?

I remember seeing a lot of bodybuilders in these back in the day.

Zubaz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Zubaz (pronounced "zoo-baz" or "zoo-buz", though officially pronounced "zoo-buzz"[1]) are a brand of shorts and pants that became popular during the early 1990s. They were created by two bodybuilders, Dan Stock and Bob Truax, as a comfortable, functional short for weightlifting.
    They hoped to make a short that would stretch and expand with the body during a workout. In a short time, the shorts became wildly popular in the United States. The Zubaz company sold $100 million worth of products in 1991 alone.
    Although Zubaz began as a line of shorts, they were later developed into long pants, caps, shirts, and even diapers. The pants are tapered at the ankle, with the outer part of the leg being longer than the inner part. They have an elastic waistband to allow for greater flexibility and movement. The pants were originally created in a zebra print, but later began to be sold in almost any design imaginable.
    Since the line targeted male athletes and weightlifters, the pants with sports team logos were very popular. Regardless of the specific design, Zubaz are almost always bright, flashy, and often ostentatious. The word Zubaz came to mean “in your face” among sports fans and athletes. The pants also were very revealing for men to wear and were indeed an "in your face" type of clothing.
    Zubaz designed the uniforms of several Arena Football League teams in the early 1990's, including the Tampa Bay Storm and the now-defunct New Orleans Night. However, these designs were considered outlandish and were soon replaced.
    The long pants were the most popular item in the product line. The pants are now regarded as a trend that has ended, and they are referred to as a “bad fad” by The Bad Fads Museum - The Fads You Wish Would Stay Forever... or Never Come Back. Despite the decline of its popularity, it is not uncommon to spot a rabid fan wearing Zubaz pants at a professional football game, usually bearing the same colors of the team he/she is rooting for. Zubaz's slogan was "Dare to be Different."
    Zubaz manufactured "slider shorts." These shorts had the famous wild patterns at the bottom of the garment while the rest of the garment displayed the name and logo of the sport team and the Zubaz name.
    In 2007, the founders of Zubaz resurfaced, offering a limited production release of the original classic Zubaz patterns.

Oh HELL NO!!

I missed this trend the first time around and I'll certainly be giving it a miss this time now that I know what it is!

OMG the guy who's locker was next to mine had a pair of those. In black and hot pink. He was cool. I was not.

I laugh now.

Ah the eighties. One of the only 20th century decades I would have to be hard-pressed to wear.

I do have a fab early eighties sequined club shirt, but I haven't found an occasion for it yet. My hammer pants are safe and sound where they belong...in a goodwill bin back in 89.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Hilarious!
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Hell to the no. I wrote about this crap in the 'trends i'm glad are gone' thread.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

People are on too many drugs!

Gold Member

i didn't know what these were till i clicked on this thread!

They go great with mullets, jean jackets, and spandex.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information