Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Removing security devices from clothes

I heard that if you put the item in the freezer, the security device will eventually pop due to the metal constricting or something like that.

there is nothing you can except take it back... sorry

It sucks when that happens. My aunt and uncle brought my father a West Virginia University shirt, hat, and sweatshirt all the way from West Vriginia when they came to Vegas for a dentists convention. Unofortunately, one of the items had the security device on in. Since there was no way to take it back, my father somehow managed to get it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Voices View Post
    Anyone knows the actual name or brand of this security devices?, I'm opening a store and im trying to get them.
    Hi Voices! No idea but welcome aboard anyway!

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Presently, I am ending a one year ban from Wal Mart for taking back too many items without a receipt. I didn't shoplift it, I was just too lazy too look for the receipt.

I took something back to Wal Mart with a reciept and had them tell me that I was returning too many items and I had been tagged...I was like WTF? I have a receipt showing that I paid for the shit. I am an anonymous shopper with a receipt-the only way they would know my name is if I had no receipt and had to give them my DL. I just looked at her, and will still return something in a heartbeat if it is the wrong thing or doesn't work...
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

Quote Originally Posted by sweetrebel View Post
    I took something back to Wal Mart with a reciept and had them tell me that I was returning too many items and I had been tagged...I was like WTF? I have a receipt showing that I paid for the shit. I am an anonymous shopper with a receipt-the only way they would know my name is if I had no receipt and had to give them my DL. I just looked at her, and will still return something in a heartbeat if it is the wrong thing or doesn't work...
    Having a receipt doesn't prove anything. Thieves take a receipt out of the trash, shoplift the items and don't even carry them out of the store, they RETURN them.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

How are they going to ban anyone though? Like you can still enter the store and shop right? You just can't return stuff anymore?
    That's pretty stupid that they are getting back at legit customers, they should be catching the shoplifters instead of harrasing people that really paid for items.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Quote Originally Posted by moomies View Post
    How are they going to ban anyone though? Like you can still enter the store and shop right? You just can't return stuff anymore?
    That's pretty stupid that they are getting back at legit customers, they should be catching the shoplifters instead of harrasing people that really paid for items.
    When I worked for Neiman's-which is world-renown for its customer service, frequent returners suspected of really being shoplifters were told that they obviously were not satisfied by Neiman's goods and they perhaps should shop elsewhere.

Not saying anyone here would ever do it, but I have seen a lot of people, women especially, purchase clothing, wear it once to some function in particular either with the tags hidden or carefully removed so they can be put back on, and then return it with a receipt. They never had any intention of keeping the item, they just wanted it for that one event.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Well, I work at a retail store part-time now, and the theft is out of control! All our clothes have cloth anti-theft tags sewn into them, as well as the big plastic ones for anything priced over $100. We're not allowed to do or say anything if we suspect someone is stealing, aside from being extra attentive with the "don't you love that shirt?", etc. I'm really surprised by that way of handling it, and the sheer amount of stuff stolen blows my mind. I can totally see how people do it though, since we allow bags in the fitting rooms, extra people in the fitting rooms, don't stop anyone if the sensor thing goes off as they leave the store. I think I'll start stealing! (just kidding )

Actually we had a pregnant lady steal from us the other day which shows that you can't judge anyone. Even looking through peoples bags it is incredibly hard to judge in less than 10 secs whether an item was stolen or not because you just don't have time to analyse everything.

Quote Originally Posted by moomies View Post
    I just can't return anything aymore. I've been sending my husband in.

Here's a funny Wal-mart story. My girlfriend bought a rug at Wal Mart. She took it home, had it for a month, and the cat pissed on it. Knowing I'm banned from returns at Wal-Mart, so goes in buys the same identical rug so she has a receipt. Waits a day and returns the pissed rug. The lady behind the counter was like, "Oh my God, this smells like piss!" And my friend is like, "I know! I don't know what you've got running around the store, but you better check all your rugs!" They took it back. And I'M banned!

I have this happen to me all the time. I get home and something always has the security tag. I take a pair of needle nose pliers, find the small metal piece connects the round piece (or back) to the larger piece. One good clip and off it comes, no holes and I've never had an ink pack explode either.

I know with the plastic tan ones (not the ink ones) there's two little indents and if you sqeeze them together hard enough it'll come apart. I worked at TJ Maxx for about 2.5 years and those are the kind that we used. Also, towards the end of my reign there we introduced a policy where if you made so many returns without a reciept then you wouldn't be allowed to do so anymore, I'm not sure if they still do it or not. It's so easy to steal from that store, I don't know how they stay in business.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information