Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Once-trendy Crocs could be on their last legs

Is there seriously a sad-face smiley acompanying this thread title?

Seriously?!
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I just sent this article to the BF, I've been trying to misplace his for some time now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Elite Member

Let me explain the ban on YELLOW.

I like yellow, we have some yellow walls. It's sunny as paint.

Next to our skin (DH, DD, DS and me) it is awful. We all have skin tones that look best in black and jewel tones. Blue, green, red, purple. If we wear yellow we look sick.

But my MIL LOVES yellow. She wears it all the time but doesn't realize it doesn't look good on her. She's blonde too, and that makes it worse. She looks so blah in yellow but she wears it anyway.

So she tries to buy yellow clothing for my children. I remember suffering through an entire winter of a bright yellow fleece hoodie from Gap that she bought my son. I cringed every time he wore it. We have pictures of him in that hoodie and I cringe every time I see them. Sad thing is, the same hoodie was available in red and navy and MIL gravitated toward the bright, almost school-bus color, yellow.

Rant over.

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    Let me explain the ban on YELLOW.

I like yellow, we have some yellow walls. It's sunny as paint.

Next to our skin (DH, DD, DS and me) it is awful. We all have skin tones that look best in black and jewel tones. Blue, green, red, purple. If we wear yellow we look sick.

But my MIL LOVES yellow. She wears it all the time but doesn't realize it doesn't look good on her. She's blonde too, and that makes it worse. She looks so blah in yellow but she wears it anyway.

So she tries to buy yellow clothing for my children. I remember suffering through an entire winter of a bright yellow fleece hoodie from Gap that she bought my son. I cringed every time he wore it. We have pictures of him in that hoodie and I cringe every time I see them. Sad thing is, the same hoodie was available in red and navy and MIL gravitated toward the bright, almost school-bus color, yellow.

Rant over.
    No, please rant away! I fell exactly the same about it!
    We're all this kid of colouring (give or take paler skin & variations on eye shade).
    My eyes are more this colour, my sister has some amazing coloured turquoise ones

My sister has her hair dyed "madonna blond" to cover the grey (me? I go a chocolate-cherry kind of colour, much more flattering but then I have 80% less grey LOL!)
    Anyhow, she insists on wearing BEIGE it just looks so crap on her, washes her out completely! I'm dying to dunk her head in a suitable hair colour.....
    Free Charmed.

I can't wear a stitch of yellow either - it makes me look like death. It was everywhere this season and I'm sure there's lots of it on the clearance racks now. I know very few people who can wear it well.

I look fab in yellow, can't wear the safari colors though (khaki, olive, etc).
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I look fab in yellow, can't wear the safari colors though (khaki, olive, etc).
    so does my mom, but my go-to colours are those deminy shades of blue inc navy - which sucks since it was my school uniform colour, it put me off for years. I recently bought a lovely soft knitted navy hoodie
    Free Charmed.

It depends on the shade yellow for me. I can wear a bright clear yellow great, but anything with any gold in it automatically makes me look like death.

I bought some cute pink knock off crocs from Walmart last summer for my daughter (who was 1). We needed slip off shoes for her when she walked to the pool. They worked great and they were good because she could put them on easily all by herself. I never thought I would buy any, but I was glad I did.

This year I bought her the velcro strap sandles, but I would have bought fake crocs if she already didn't have too many pairs of summer shoes.

And I can't wear yellow either. It makes me look like a corpse. I have to stay away from all pastels, oranges, lighter reds, kahki colors, etc.

My sister works at a place where they'd ship crocs. They closed the department down last year because of bad sales.
    The original crocs are ugly but they do make some really nice sandals.

I personally will not be seen in these ugly fucking shoes but I do buy them for my children(yes sick I know) I"m waiting for Sweetie to find this thread
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

I own three pairs
    Comfort over ugliness

Y'all know what shoes are comfortable, look good, and can be sold at a reasonable price (at least depending on what store you're in)?

Converse. Love these bitches. I have two pairs... But I plan on expanding that. My mom has a pair just like in the picture from the 80s, and they're still in great shape.

i hate converse. no support, no cushioning. uncomfortable shoes.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Disagree Grimm, I still pull out old pairs of converse when I'm looking for shoes to just bum around in b/c they're comfy. They also hold up amazingly well for canvas shoes. I have a pair that have literally been all over the world with me, I've even climbed a waterfall in them, and they are still in wearable condition beyond the fact they look dirty.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information