Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mens' shorts!

I hate, hate, hate socks and sandals. If you're going to wear socks with your sandals then why don't you just wear shoes?

"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

Quote Originally Posted by Aella View Post
    HOLY SHIT!

You mean people besides overweight tourists wear those? Damn.
    I know! He apparently plays a chick magnet in that show! WTF? I remember the shorts, socks and shoes look being attributed to maths teachers, tourists and old men. I'd be weary of any 'chick magnet' wearing that getup.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Authority View Post
    This is the kind of shorts I like:

see how it ends at the middle of the calf. Way better than seeing pasty knees and unshapely legs.
    Those are not even shorts! I think we used to call those 'floods'
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    My 6th grade teacher was so in love with him she had a life size free standing cardboard cutout of him in our classroom!
    Wow. I suddenly feel a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariesoleil View Post
    I hate, hate, hate socks and sandals. If you're going to wear socks with your sandals then why don't you just wear shoes?
    Sandals and socks send a clear message, imo:

"I never want to have sex again"
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

There is a happy medium between shorts that are only three inches below the crotch, and shorts that are only three inches above the ankle. Ya know?

it doesn't all have to be banana hammocks or capri pants.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

shorts are so unflattering to women, i dont like them.

^I practically live in them during the summer. Obviously, not in the city, and only a certain cut/material.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    There is a happy medium between shorts that are only three inches below the crotch, and shorts that are only three inches above the ankle. Ya know?

it doesn't all have to be banana hammocks or capri pants.
    I think the Daniel Craig shorts are hella hot - on him, anyway. And I've seen some men wear them (err, in Vegas, I think) and nobody gave them a hard time, and they looked pretty good.

But I do love the look of board shorts as well, on men and women - I think they're just a lot more modern than the traditional swim trunks you used to see. And those were baggy and shapeless - board shorts are actually pretty fitted and show off the rear quite nicely, Soji. They hit/cover the knee, but they show off the butt, and knees generally aren't sexy anyway.

I think a bikini top with low-rise board shorts on girls can look crazy hot too. Capris on men are another matter (shudder), but fitted shorts that hit the knee look good.

Last edited by Tati; April 3rd, 2008 at 09:33 PM.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

ESPN.com: NBA - NBA fashion cops write $45,000 worth of citations

(an oldie but goodie)

LOS ANGELES -- Freeze! Raise those shorts.

Yep, the NBA fashion police have returned, fining nine players $5,000 each for wearing their shorts too low during games.

Shaquille O'Neal and Kobe Bryant of the two-time defending champion Los Angeles Lakers were among the players fined, along with Tracy McGrady of the Orlando Magic and Nick Van Exel of the Denver Nuggets, according to two league sources who spoke on condition of anonymity.

Stu Jackson, an NBA vice president and the league's disciplinarian, sent a letter to the teams informing them of the fines, the sources said.

The NBA requires game shorts to be at least an inch above the knee. The rule last made the news in 1997 when the league thought the baggy, hip-hop look of uniforms was getting out of hand. But after a rash of fines that season, the league hadn't handed out many until this month.

O'Neal seemed amused, saying he didn't want to wear "John Stockton shorts," referring to the 39-year-old Utah guard who wears his shorts a little shorter and tighter than most of the younger players.

"Would all the kids then wear John Stockton shorts? No, they wouldn't. They would laugh at me, and I wouldn't be their favorite player any more. I'd be the laughingstock of big men," O'Neal added, dabbing his eyes with a paper towel to pretend he was crying.

Would all the kids then wear John Stockton shorts? No, they wouldn't. They would laugh at me, and I wouldn't be their favorite player any more. I'd be the laughingstock of big men. Shaquille O'Neal, wondering what would happen if he were to wear short shorts

The Lakers' center then pulled his shorts up so high they covered the bottom half of his No. 34.

After wearing his trunks higher than usual during the Lakers' victory over the Clippers on Tuesday, O'Neal was singing a different tune, albeit jokingly: "If they want me to wear John Stockton shorts, I will."

The story was first reported by The Sports Business Daily, which said the fines were for games Nov. 10-11.

NBA spokesman Tim Frank confirmed the fines Tuesday, but he wouldn't identify the players.

"It's a rule we enforce to protect the integrity of the uniform," Frank said.

Lakers coach Phil Jackson called it a "hemming problem."

"They're (the league) saying, `OK, how about giving me one inch. Take it up an inch and we're OK,"' Jackson said. "Just don't have it below the knee."

Dan Wasserman, a spokesman for the players' union, said the fines probably will be appealed.

"It's ludicrous," he said. "We don't even know by what means the fashion police are determining the violations, whether it's videotape or a tape measure in the locker room or whatever."

The other players fined, according to the sources, were: Andrew DeClerq of Orlando; Eric Piatkowski, Quintin Richardson and Jeff McInnis of the Los Angeles Clippers; and Dana Barros of the Detroit Pistons.

Going into Tuesday night's game against the Lakers, Piatkowski said he would make an adjustment, since all the shorts are the same length and it will take a while to get new ones.

"So they had to order more shorts. But in the meantime, what are we supposed to do?" the Clippers' guard said. "If we're not supplied with gear that's up to standards, maybe instead of just fining guys, you need to go and find out if we even have stuff that fits right.

"As of right now, I'm just rolling my shorts at the waistband."

SFX Sports Group's Arn Tellem, who represents Bryant and McGrady, said, ""I think the NBA's priorities are misplaced, and they treat the players like children."

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post

Grimm, handle this will ya?
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

cant
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Maybe part of it is that I like/appreciate decent looking thighs on men, and with the board shorts you cannot see them?

I do think that alot of the 'style' changes in mens clothing have been rather reactionary and are a backlash to some perceived 'feminization' of men that was supposed to have happened in the 70's. And I think the rise of 'thug' culture contributed also, and it is full of homophobia. These are of course just my opinions and preferences. nothing 'empirical' or anything.

Hit By Ban Bus!

^ Damn, those are pretty good arguments actually.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

Come on, you know this makes you hot.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

I stopped watching men's tennis when they started wearing long shorts.

I don't want to see men wearing flip flops or sandals. They hardly ever have well manicured feet.

Mats

Stefan

Bjorn

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information