View Poll Results: Love it or Hate it:Victoria's Secret Halter Jumpsuit

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • love it

    4 10.53%
  • hate it

    25 65.79%
  • undecided

    9 23.68%
Page 39 of 279 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 585 of 4182

Thread: Love It or Hate It?

  1. #571
    Gold Member latinaforever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    XOXO
    Posts
    1,377

    Default

    all that is missing is the adam's apple and i would swear that was a guy.
    When you're strange
    Faces come out of the rain

  2. #572
    Gold Member WitchHazelEyed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Outside of Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    1,192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by honeysuckle View Post
    kinda looks like a penis to me..........
    I was about to say the SAME thing! LOL
    Now logic is a wonderful thing but it has, as the processes of evolution discovered, certain drawbacks. Anything that thinks logically can be fooled by something else which thinks at least as logically as it does. - Douglas Adams

  3. #573
    Elite Member Sweetie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Den of the roving cunty bitches
    Posts
    24,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Seriously, again I ask: why are people so obsessed
    with the name labels on things? Louboutin's, Gucci's,
    Versace's. I have a cousin who kicks on these designer
    things, too. About a decade ago she had the then trendy
    summer look, containing about 4 items. I'll name only 1:
    a white DKNY t-shirt at $ 100.
    I bought a similar set of clothes in cheap stores: it's a
    sport for me. So: white T, jeans jacket, capri pants,
    slingback summer pumps. Including underwear my entire
    outfit amounted to $ 115.
    On four separate occassions, people asked me - not my
    cousin - where they could get the shoes and Capri's
    I was wearing, naming all kinds of designer names that
    they thought I was wearing. You should've seen their
    and my cousin's faces when I, beaming with pride, told
    them at which cheap little nothing shops I'd assembled
    my "look".
    I'm anti designer stuff mostly because of the insane
    price tags. If those "happening" names want me to
    wear their stuff, they should be paying me (certainly
    considering the junk I've seen posted here lately
    by big designer names).
    Not being ugly but when your inexpensive clothes and shoes are worn out the designer items will still be getting use. I agree with you, they are overly priced but you get what you pay for. Designer shoes are MUCH more comfortable, and as someone that wears heels 365 days a year, I am willing to pay for that. Designer clothing is made out of better material and it crafted much better too. I can relate with you too, I love getting a whole outfit for $100.00, it is a very good feeling. I just think a few designer, staple pieces are a good thing to have too.

  4. #574
    Elite Member HelpMeRhonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,869

    Default

    Not a fan of bows on anything.
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

  5. #575
    Elite Member HWBL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    Not being ugly but when your inexpensive clothes and shoes are worn out the designer items will still be getting use. I agree with you, they are overly priced but you get what you pay for. Designer shoes are MUCH more comfortable, and as someone that wears heels 365 days a year, I am willing to pay for that. Designer clothing is made out of better material and it crafted much better too. I can relate with you too, I love getting a whole outfit for $100.00, it is a very good feeling. I just think a few designer, staple pieces are a good thing to have too.
    Not true. That was an argument used by many in defense of
    over expensive designer clothes. I am still wearing stuff I bought
    a decade ago. Luckily I am not usually somebody who goes for
    real one season only fashion trends. I usually buy maybe 6 new
    (as in different) items a year to add to my wardrobe.
    I have clothes (mostly shirts and sweaters and a jacket or 2)
    that are 30 years old that still look of this year.
    It all depends on how you treat and wear your clothes.
    My white t-shirt of the outfit I mentioned I still have and wear to
    this day: looks just the same (except I got a bit heavier, so it
    is not as loose as it used to be ) It cost me all but 5 bucks in
    1996!
    My oldest piece of clothing is a light blue, woolen sweater that
    originally belonged to my aunt. She bought it off the rack in
    1966. She gave it to my mom a decade later, because she
    liked it so much. I started wearing it in the late 1980's, sometimes
    with a blouse underneath, sometimes with a white t-shirt.
    I most recently wore it 2 weeks ago, it's currently in the laundry
    pile. That's a 42 year old sweater that still looks great! I'm 44.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

    ***** celeb

  6. #576
    Elite Member Sweetie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Den of the roving cunty bitches
    Posts
    24,533

    Default

    ^That's great. I just know from having designer and cheap pieces that if a $5.00 cotton t-shirt has held up 10 years then a designer cotton t-shirt will even outlast that. The material used in designer clothing is much better material; there's no way it can't hold up longer than cheap clothing.


    Edit...I have a pair of leather boots that my mother gave me, she had them in the 60's, and I still wear them to this day. They weren't made in China though.

  7. #577
    Elite Member HWBL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    ^That's great. I just know from having designer and cheap pieces that if a $5.00 cotton t-shirt has held up 10 years then a designer cotton t-shirt will even outlast that. The material used in designer clothing is much better material; there's no way it can't hold up longer than cheap clothing.


    Edit...I have a pair of leather boots that my mother gave me, she had them in the 60's, and I still wear them to this day. They weren't made in China though.
    Again: not true, depends on how the item is worn and treated.
    My cousin's white DKNY only lasted 4 years......
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

    ***** celeb

  8. #578
    Elite Member Sweetie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Den of the roving cunty bitches
    Posts
    24,533

    Default

    If you say so

  9. #579
    Elite Member HWBL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    If you say so
    Not just because I say so: because it was so.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

    ***** celeb

  10. #580
    Elite Member VenusInFauxFurs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Back in the boxed wine.
    Posts
    21,279

    Default

    It's all kind of relative on your budget too. To some people paying 40 bucks for shoes is highway robbery or a luxury they can't afford, they won't pay more than $15.

    For some people paying big prices fits in with having a larger budget, overall income and it's really a non-issue.

    I've paid some big money for stuff, not because of the name -- but because the cut, the make and the quality is going to outlast anything I could ever buy in Target.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

  11. #581
    Elite Member HWBL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post
    It's all kind of relative on your budget too. To some people paying 40 bucks for shoes is highway robbery or a luxury they can't afford, they won't pay more than $15.

    For some people paying big prices fits in with having a larger budget, overall income and it's really a non-issue.

    I've paid some big money for stuff, not because of the name -- but because the cut, the make and the quality is going to outlast anything I could ever buy in Target.
    I guess I'm the exception to that rule. I can afford designer stuff,
    but I always feel ripped off, KNOWING that no matter how high
    the quality of the materials used, I still get ripped off because the
    name label will add tons of bucks to the price tag.
    So, it has become a sport of mine over the years to get the same
    (type of) outfits of the season for throw away amounts, and
    still have pleasure of the items bought years to decades later.
    If some of my fashionista friends can't tell the difference I know
    I am on the right track and it's always fun to see their mouths
    drop when they do the math.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

    ***** celeb

  12. #582
    Elite Member ariesallover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    here, soon to be over there
    Posts
    2,641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    Designer shoes are MUCH more comfortable, and as someone that wears heels 365 days a year, I am willing to pay for that. Designer clothing is made out of better material and it crafted much better too.
    That's exactly it - when a 3-4 in. heel is designed well, they can be almost as comfy as sneakers and easier on the ankles and knees. The obvious objection is, don't wear heels, but that's not really an option in certain environments, so if you gotta play the dress code, designer might be a better investment health-wise if you hurt less.
    "I ransacked his drawers when he left me by myself at his place for the first time. That's how we did it in the good old days. Tells me all I need to know about him. He pretends he didn't notice. That's how good relationships start." - Chilly Willy

  13. #583
    Elite Member Sweetie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Den of the roving cunty bitches
    Posts
    24,533

    Default

    Yeah, designer like Louboutin, Donna Karan, etc. go to school and get educated on all aspects of design, material and craftsmanship. Those shoes from Pick-N-Pay are made in China by small children that haven't slept in days. You do the math.....

  14. #584
    Elite Member Just Kill Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes
    Posts
    15,550

    Default

    I like the shoes... I want them in pink!

  15. #585
    Elite Member Honey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    59,014

    Default

    If you can afford/want designer items why the heck not I say

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Rachael Ray, hate her or love her?
    By CherryDarling in forum Food and Cuisine
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: February 8th, 2007, 03:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •