Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Jeans (and how to avoid the "Mom" variety)

Mmmmmm...... pajama jeans..... *droooool*

LOL! since I have such a long inside leg, I actually wear boyfriend jeans all the time.... real boyfriend jeans! LOL Well, I did, I've ended up giving them (back?) to MrN since they're so big on me now. Thanks for the help! The ones I've seen here have been cropped & since my ankles still are not fit to be seen in summer, I just didn't go there.... maybe next summer?
    palta likes this.
    Free Charmed.

^A co-worker has a pair of pajama jeans! She loves them.

Official Site of PajamaJeans®| Pajamas you live in, Jeans you sleep in®

that said, i've never liked the fit of gap jeans. their pants in general i think are just blocky, unflattering cuts that just don't work, at least on me. and i just don't like the fabrics or style.
    never tried old navy jeans before.
    They don't work on me either, and neither do Old Navy jeans or pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Novice View Post
    LOL! since I have such a long inside leg, I actually wear boyfriend jeans all the time.... real boyfriend jeans! LOL Well, I did, I've ended up giving them (back?) to MrN since they're so big on me now. Thanks for the help! The ones I've seen here have been cropped & since my ankles still are not fit to be seen in summer, I just didn't go there.... maybe next summer?
    Real boyfriend jeans ftw!
    I don't like tight clothes anyway, and they look great with shirts that I also stole from him.
    I should try that sexy look sometimes.

Elite Member

Buying jeans is a nightmare for me. Being 5'10, with a 34" inseam, I just want jeans that don't look like fucking highwater, Urkel jeans, and that don't cost over $100.
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.

*LOOSE WEIGHT*best brand ever..when i loose weight all brands fit well..a few more kilos and problems..no,not the jeans fault..i am just fatter.I dont do bell bottoms or boot cuts,just straight or skinny!
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    *LOOSE WEIGHT*best brand ever..when i loose weight all brands fit well..a few more kilos and problems..no,not the jeans fault..i am just fatter.I dont do bell bottoms or boot cuts,just straight or skinny!
    I'm currently avoiding wearing the "Jeans by Otis Spunkmeyer" brand that are in my closet. I gained weight, so all of them give me serious muffin top.
    Bellatheball likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BoogsBun View Post
    Buying jeans is a nightmare for me. Being 5'10, with a 34" inseam, I just want jeans that don't look like fucking highwater, Urkel jeans, and that don't cost over $100.
    I'm 5'6", but freakishly disproportionate with a 33" inseam. I feel your pain.

About vanity sizing. I have bought a lot of pants at dress barn lately, cuz I'm a 4 there, when normally I'm a 6. Makes you feel like a rock star.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Ooh! Long leg jeans with a long life? Target, Gap are ok, also Marie Grey (???) are super long (36?), great for heels ladies (not that I wear those very often)! And (seriously) I get a long on mine from eBay because I don't want high fashion items, so last season is fine for me.
    Free Charmed.

Maybe you tall gals just need to come shopping with me because all my short ass can find are 34 and up most times.
    Bellatheball and InigoMontoya like this.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

j crew makes tall - 36" inseam. they have nice denim, good style jeans. ebay is a good place to look for them.
    Novice likes this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by gas_chick View Post
    Maybe you tall gals just need to come shopping with me because all my short ass can find are 34 and up most times.
    Me, too, which makes me wonder if it's because we're all just short as hell in this state.
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    j crew makes tall - 36" inseam. they have nice denim, good style jeans. ebay is a good place to look for them.
    Thanks for the notice! I'll have a look, but I bought a few pairs of jeans (see "I bought" thread) from Marks & Spencer (UK store) and they're really great.... I'm a bit mean sometimes so I will look & but when I've gone down another size or 2! (When!!!)
    Free Charmed.

I'm 5'1" (barely) and have a little over a 30" inseam. Which is long for a shorty. As a result, I can't wear short or petite lengths. I always have to get regular length and hem!!

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Me, too, which makes me wonder if it's because we're all just short as hell in this state.
    Laurent, are you in our state too?

I am 5'8" and most slacks are way too long when in my true size or the vanity size that fits these days. It's as if the pants are made for the runway women who have short trunks and long legs, after the runway when the pants get into stores, or with the expectation that every woman will wear heels 3" or higher with a slack or a jean. I don't wear heels with jeans (too tomboy) and seldom with slacks unless it's a boot. My legs aren't overly short, they just aren't long enough to fit the pant legs of today. Classics from yesrs ago still work. Grew up wearing heels with dresses and skirt suits, and always was too tomboy for heels with slacks. So that's an issue for me, whether it's 6, 8, 10 or some 12s (that's how varied vanity sizing is); pant leg is the same. Levi women's 509s always fit. They do stretch and lead to saggy but and crotch, though, like mentioned unthread about non 100% cotton jeans.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information