Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: I'm confused about stockings?

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    Pantyhose don't always photograph well, and that's why a lot of celebs get ragged on for hose, imo. I think pantyhose has probably come a lot way from L'Eggs in Suntan, though. I personally prefer tights, but if you don't like them, wear what you're comfortable in and what will make you feel best. No sense in not wearing a skirt you love because of arbitrary fashion rules.
    I loved those in the 80's!

I think of stockings like A*O said, and tights like heavier panty hose.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Here is mine:

Tights=opaque hose (the full deal)

Hose=the full deal in a sheer

Stockings=can be opaque or sheer however they come, usually use a garter belt but these days damn near everything is a stay up/thigh high style.

I personally prefer a stocking because I have squishy thighs and the stay up silicone band digs in and leaves marks.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

I was confused by the terminology too but for the record I only wear opaque tights in winter. I think it's harder for us to go barelegged when it's cold because in my part of the country (as opposed to down south in A*O land) most buildings aren't centrally heated so if you go out with bare legs you'll end up freezing. I have an English friend who's lived here for years but says this is the coldest place he's ever been because it's all so open and airy and hardly anywhere is heated, so for the short winters we have we really need to rug up. It always surprises me watching US TV shows where people are bundled up in big coats and scarves but as soon as they get indoors they take off all their outer gear to reveal a slinky dress with spaghetti straps or a tank top and shorts. WTF people?
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Haha! That's funny that you think that's weird. We have central heating nearly everywhere here. And yes, I wear pantyhose and DGAF what the whippersnappers think. I'm a skirt person and it would be hard to get through a Rocky Mountain winter without them.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I'm usually one to criticize celebs wearing stockings and funny enough, I have to wear them to work any time I wear a skirt or dress. I live in a southern california beach town with nice weather and it's business formal everyday, no exceptions. Matching your skin color makes a big difference because going too light always reminds me of an old school nurse uniform. As someone noted before go for stockings that are sheer and more "natural" looking. To be honest, I wouldn't be caught dead in stockings outside of a professional setting mostly because I feel they look dated. And yes, I am totally one of those people that wears a strappy little dress underneath a giant coat

Everyone at work seems to be wearing tights or stockings now that it's winter. Most people I've seen were wearing quite opaque tights but I've been wearing more sheer black lately. Both look fine imo, just don't wear peep toes. I swear every woman I saw in the CBD had them on with a skirt or dress. If it is cold, you look much sillier with bare legs than you do with tights/hose.
    And so, I will keep fighting to make the US a more progressive, multi-cultural country, and my fight starts on GossipRocks - mikesandy

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I always wear stockings (hold ups) if I'm wearing one of my ordinary skirts or tights if its something short. I don't feel finished without my fishnets on, which is just as well seeing as though I'm corpse-pale. I've got to say though that I really, really don't like wearing tights unless the length of the outfit means I have to. I hate all the arsing about and adjusting and pulling and trying to get the crotch up past my knees that comes with tights. Hold ups are sooooo much easier to deal with.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    I hate all the arsing about and adjusting and pulling and trying to get the crotch up past my knees that comes with tights.
    THIS. I'm 5'11" and trying to find tights long enough is a royal pain.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I don't think it matters what height you are Twitchy, they'll still fuck with you somehow. I'm only 5' 5" and the damn things still snarl up around my knees when I'm trying to put them on or pull them up. After wrestling with that then we short-arses have the fun of trying to get the huuuuge excess of leg pulled up enough so you don't end up with dark, wrinkly feet and gradually lighter colour as you go up the leg. I also hate the way that the body/waist part is long enough to come to under my armpits unless I faff about with folding and tucking, which then rolls up and cuts into me as soon as I start moving about. Just thinking about all the hassle of wearing tights makes me appreciate my hold ups even more.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    I still couldn't see myself wearing nothing on my legs in a business situation where I'm wearing a skirt suit or a dress, even if it was a bazillion degrees out.
    See! This is the dilemma. I'm an 80's girl and we used to wear hosiery with skirts, and it felt/looked polished, IMO. No pasty skin or red spots or shaving nicks and the outfit was finished from head to toe. I wear skirts with bare legs all the time casually, but I always feel nekkid bare-legged in a work environment. It's exactly why I don't have many work skirts, because I feel like a dork either way.

Also, I am of a certain age and the C-word is trying to take over my legs so I need all the help I can get. They sure do smooth things out.

Truvy: Well, these thighs haven't gone out of the house without lycra on them sice I was 14.

Clairee: You were brought up right.

L'Eggs in Suntan
    Flashback brain 'splosion
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Yeah, I'm another one who wouldn't go to work with bare legs. Maybe on casual Friday, but that's it.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

L'Eggs in Suntan, though.
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Hardly anyone wears pantyhose in summer, it's too hot. It also looks strange with summer clothes (even corporate wear) and you'd get people looking at you funny (that'd be me) or passing out at the thought of encasing your legs in nylon while everyone else is sweating. But in summer even our lawyers don't wear ties unless they have to go to court, we're a pretty casual mob.
    Bluebonnet likes this.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

I just avoid the whole thing by never wearing skirts to work unless it's cold enough for tights and boots.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information