Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need a coat!

Do you have an Anthropologie near you? You might be able to find something there. The selection really depends on the store, but they have some good finds. I saw a really nice long (calf length) wool coat at the one near me, I almost bought it actually...

ETA: I tried to pull up the website but apparently it's undergoing maintenance at the moment.

Help? Again. I've found a coat I really really really like and would consider buying. But not being an internet savvy shopper I am totally flummoxed with website's purchase process.

Charcoal Grey Cashmere Wool Long Victorian Winter Trench Swing Coat yy | yystudio - Clothing on ArtFire

Apparently this Art Fire deals with artists and small production lines. On the coat page I can order and pay--but not specify a size or color until I email the maker? Huh? And apparently I need to 'join' this Art Fire in order to buy stuff off their website? They're in Tuscon and the coat company is in the UK and the payment is through Amazon?

I'm not an internet savvy shopper. I'm failing to understand how this works. I really want this coat, but I'll be dammed if I can unravel how the whole thing fits together.

Anybody have the patience and savvy to help me out?

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Yes, totally worth the money. They last, and are warm. I have a couple of MaxMara coats that cost more than my J Crews did, but are no where near as warm.
    I have one Max Mara coat that I love, lots of comfort and style, but I trot out the same shearling coat when it gets to be 30 degrees F and below.

Have you checked Zappos? Looks like they have 2000 coats.

"genuine faux fur" - I love genuine faux fur! Faux black persian lamb lol.

Silver Member

My go to coat is an Ungaro 12 yr old thing --- well smart beige swing knee coat, lined in leopard silk. It was filthy expensive and worth every penny back then. Today I also have a very smart cashmere versace bought for 99 quid on ebay, pricier than the Ungaro in retial dollars as elegant but much cheaper IRL. If you have a "basic" shape of a designer 4-8, ie smallish 34-36 you can get great merch from Ebay and vintage.

~Madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

That is cute! I like.

So I went to look at it on ebay. Couldn't find what size it was in? And it was black only and sorry to be so difficult, I'm really trying to avoid black. But I do really really really like this coat.

Thanks for posting it.

I've never bought anything off ebay. I have no ebay account and no paypal.

Gawd I'm difficult.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information