Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How are jeans SUPPOSED to look??

Default Re: How are jeans SUPPOSED to look??

Quote Originally Posted by fatguyinalittlecoat View Post
    Personally, I HOPE tapered leg jeans come back in style. That way all the fashion slave bimbos will buy em and make me look even better in my flare/bootcuts. Effortlessly rids of any competition.

I don't agree that low rise makes everyone look terrible, though. It can be complimentary. You just have to do it in moderation (anything prefaced with ultra or super is a "no deal") and not buy them tight. Plus, the higher the waist line, the harder to find a pair of jeans that fit if you have ANY curves (i.e. fitted butt/baggy waist)
    My sister looks great in low rise pants and shes not super skinny. Its just because she has really long square hips, and at the waist jeans make her butt look like 2 feet long. Low rise are the only types of jeans that make her butt look normal and cute.
    Dramatically overdramatic

I just need to see something fresh.

Jeans should always be below the belly button! I like them just resting on my hip bones, old people wear them higher up. But it disgussts me when people (maily young girls) wear low cut jeans with short t shirts and big nasty stomachs hanging out - typical British skanks. If you've got a paunch - hide it, its NOT attractive!
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

I wear jeans slightly higher than my hips just because they help flatten the lower belly paunch...wearing a longer shirt you dont really notice that my pants are higher up. Personally I'd rather wear high waisted pants than have my flabby belly hanging out all over the place
    Dramatically overdramatic

Bronze Member

Round here, the girls that have the belly hanging over the jeans - we call em "Muffin Tops".

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pandabaire View Post
    Hey, Hotncmom - remember pinning the bottoms of your jeans or rolling them up super tight and then wearing scrunched up socks OVER the bottoms of the jeans?? Some people even wore like 2 or 3 pairs of socks in different colors so it made a rainbow effect on the leg?! What were we thinkin in the 80's??
    No, we never did that around here, I don't think. We did wear legwarmers over top of the jeans. OMG, what were we thinking? I do remember scrunched socks but I don't remember wearing them over the bottom of the jeans.

I wear my jeans so they hit about an inch below the belly button. I have a little tummy after 2 kids, and I find that this helps hold it in. Any lower than that and the loose skin starts rolling over the top of the jeans. Right now I am wearing the Express brand W31 X2 in a dark wash and I have to say these are the most flattering jeans I've ever owned. I got them on sale for $29, they are regularly $59.50. When they go back on sale I'm gonna buy a couple more pair to stock up. I also have a traditional jean wash in the same brand, and they are sooo soft and comfortable, but those are the ones I have need to have taken up in the waist.

My MIL wears the high waisted "Mom" jeans (I think the brand is Lee) and OMG her butt looks huge and she looks like she has a huge pooch in front because the jeans have so much extra fabric in the tummy area. She's always complaining that her butt is big, and I try to tell her that it's not her butt, it's the jeans, but she will not even try on a mid-rise dark wash jean. Last Christmas she actually had new jeans on her list and she specifically asked for the high-rise, tapered leg kind She just doesn't get it. She's always complimenting me on how skinny I look, and I tell her it's not me, it's the clothes (and it really is!) and she jokes about how she should go shopping with me but she never does.

God, I hope those "Mom" jeans don't come back in style. I am frightened now because of the Gaucho pants I am seeing in stores, but the ones I see are more tailored and flat front, so I guess that's OK. The ones I am remembering from the '70's had yards and yards of fabric and elastic waists. A sure formula to make you look fatter than you are

Hey, Hotncmom - remember pinning the bottoms of your jeans or rolling them up super tight and then wearing scrunched up socks OVER the bottoms of the jeans?? Some people even wore like 2 or 3 pairs of socks in different colors so it made a rainbow effect on the leg?! What were we thinkin in the 80's??
    I used to tight roll my pants and wear layered tube socks in colors that coordinated with my outfits too. This was in middle school, so early 90s. I only did three colors a couple times (made my shoes too tight)...usually only 2 colors. Yeah, it looked COOL! !
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

Speaking as a 36 year old old, I for one wish that the other moms I see waiting around the schoolyard would get with the program and throw out the "Cherokee" jeans they've worn since the 90's. Never get jeans with a high waist. Never get jeans with tapered legs.(Boot cut is better) Never get jeans in a light stonewash (dark is always better) Never get jeans with pockets that are too small and set far apart. (these are what make your ass look huge the most) And never try to fit your body in a pair of jeans just because your stuck on staying in a size 8! Some brands just look better on you if you go up a size! And finally, to those moms, throw out the jeans you've had for over 10 years and go out and buy yourself some new ones. Your not fooling anyone into thinking you look good in them. NOBODY EVER - not even the models who modeled them a decade ago - looked good in them!
    oh my god!!! I see that over here a million times a day and then they wear their husbands t shirts!!

I think straight legs like these look great.
    http://store.shopbop.com/item.jsp?it...ory=DENIMJEANS

Round here, the girls that have the belly hanging over the jeans - we call em "Muffin Tops".
    Ah, we call them Dunlaps, like "her gut done lapped over her pants." So redneck, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by lennonfan View Post
    I think straight legs like these look great.
    http://store.shopbop.com/item.jsp?it...ory=DENIMJEANS

Hmmmmm, well, they are okay, I guess. At least they aren't tapered. I sure as hell couldn't pull those off, though. I don't know many people who could.
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

Thats what we call em here!! Where are you from??
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information