Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How are jeans SUPPOSED to look??

Bronze Member

Default Re: How are jeans SUPPOSED to look??

Speaking as a 36 year old old, I for one wish that the other moms I see waiting around the schoolyard would get with the program and throw out the "Cherokee" jeans they've worn since the 90's. Never get jeans with a high waist. Never get jeans with tapered legs.(Boot cut is better) Never get jeans in a light stonewash (dark is always better) Never get jeans with pockets that are too small and set far apart. (these are what make your ass look huge the most) And never try to fit your body in a pair of jeans just because your stuck on staying in a size 8! Some brands just look better on you if you go up a size! And finally, to those moms, throw out the jeans you've had for over 10 years and go out and buy yourself some new ones. Your not fooling anyone into thinking you look good in them. NOBODY EVER - not even the models who modeled them a decade ago - looked good in them!

Bronze Member

P.S. I've found that Lucky Brand Jeans are weird in that you have to buy the ones that fit super tight in the store cause as the day goes on and you wear them, they stretch out and get saggy!

Bronze Member

Hey, Hotncmom - remember pinning the bottoms of your jeans or rolling them up super tight and then wearing scrunched up socks OVER the bottoms of the jeans?? Some people even wore like 2 or 3 pairs of socks in different colors so it made a rainbow effect on the leg?! What were we thinkin in the 80's??

Quote Originally Posted by Pandabaire View Post
    Speaking as a 36 year old old, I for one wish that the other moms I see waiting around the schoolyard would get with the program and throw out the "Cherokee" jeans they've worn since the 90's. Never get jeans with a high waist. Never get jeans with tapered legs.(Boot cut is better) Never get jeans in a light stonewash (dark is always better) Never get jeans with pockets that are too small and set far apart. (these are what make your ass look huge the most) And never try to fit your body in a pair of jeans just because your stuck on staying in a size 8! Some brands just look better on you if you go up a size! And finally, to those moms, throw out the jeans you've had for over 10 years and go out and buy yourself some new ones. Your not fooling anyone into thinking you look good in them. NOBODY EVER - not even the models who modeled them a decade ago - looked good in them!
    ROTF! Pandabaire, you speak for us up-to-date Moms everywhere!

Oh good God I could only hope high waists and peg legs NEVER come back into style. (Though from what I've seen, it looks like the skinny leg is coming back in a big way...)

This is a great thread!
    Let's AV DIS!

Skinny leg, woooa. Gives you a nasty shape, the ice cream cone look. My mother walks around with flooding jeans, the steve urkel ones where you see his white socks, man do I cringe when we go out. She even bright color shoes to top it off.
    Im ashamed to say what I did for a klondike bar...

I've heard/read that high-waisted pants/jeans may be making a comeback, along with tapered legs. Noooooooooo...time to stock up NOW.

God, it better NOT come back.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    I've heard/read that high-waisted pants/jeans may be making a comeback, along with tapered legs. Noooooooooo...time to stock up NOW.

You made my heart fall to my stomach. I am suddenly wanting to go out and get about 10 pairs of midrise, bootcut jeans. I would stop wearing jeans if all that were available were high-waisted nightmares.
    Value the future on a timescale longer than your own. -Richard Dawkins

When I brought my jeans to the seamstress to have the legs narrowed, I was the fifth person who'd done that this week. You can't have the same look forever...that doesn't mean it's going to go back to the exact same style as the '80s. Also I'm dying for a somewhat higher rise...midrise would be nice if I could ever find it. I am so sick of the super-low-rise pants that don't look good on anyone except someone who is skin and bones and even then it cuts in the wrong place and can make her look fat. People are going to look back on the really low rise jeans and say "How did we ever wear that, we looked so bad."

^^ I agree about the low rise and have passed up many cute jeans because of that. But for someone who is long-legged but very short waisted, high-waisted pants are a disaster.

And tapered pants look good on only very short, thin women because they provide the illusion of height if worn with heels.

I kept a couple of nice pairs of straight-legged pants because I happen to like them. I was never into the super-wide cut -- also not flattering on very many women, but boot and straight cut look good on mosts body types. I am planning on buying a few mid-rise basic pants/jeans with straight or boot cut before the fashion industry goes berserk again.

I just love how I got my jeans down to description if I needed somone to get them for me, like how you can remember your coffee at Starbucks. It's goes Low Rise, Strech, Boot Cut, Antique and size, works for me.
    Im ashamed to say what I did for a klondike bar...

Wide leg pants are very flattering on a larger woman. It keeps them from looking like an upside down triangle. They are also supposed to be coming back for the holiday season (according the the December Cosmo).

I personally think wide leg pants on large women make them look dumpy and even wider...maybe thats just my thinking though

and I've read that while shopping for jeans you're supposed to buy them slightly snug (snug...not TIGHT) because all jeans will stretch as you wear them...so slightly snug in the store will mean perfect fit later, instead of perfect fit in the store and too baggy later...
    Dramatically overdramatic

SVZ

depends how wide, and what else they're wearing. baggy clothes on anyone will make them fat

Elite Member

Personally, I HOPE tapered leg jeans come back in style. That way all the fashion slave bimbos will buy em and make me look even better in my flare/bootcuts. Effortlessly rids of any competition.

I don't agree that low rise makes everyone look terrible, though. It can be complimentary. You just have to do it in moderation (anything prefaced with ultra or super is a "no deal") and not buy them tight. Plus, the higher the waist line, the harder to find a pair of jeans that fit if you have ANY curves (i.e. fitted butt/baggy waist)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information